Skyrim VR

Well, the social screen always looks way worse than the real thing ...

This is something that VR games are going to have to try to come to terms with.

Unlike using a controller, trying to make a weapon feel "weighty" in VR when there is no weight in the player's hands would lead to a massive disconnect between the perceived experience and what the player is trying to do.

So, just have the player hold a weighty object, I can imagine some people saying. But then you just end up needing more room for the VR experience (there's already plenty of videos showing players hitting their ceiling, ceiling light fixtures, monitors, TVs, etc. with the relatively small controllers that come with current gen VR. I don't think that's really an option.

An interesting problem for trying to make a VR world and environment "feel" like you're in the world.

Regards,
SB

Haptic devices can help with that, but it's going to be a while until they offer sufficient resistance and range of motion at vaguely affordable prices, to say nothing of the required space.

Well, the social screen always looks way worse than the real thing ...

not always, VR worlds social screen actually looks nice.

btw arwin, it seems Bethesda has fixed the surround sound bug in skyrim X1X. Hopefully they can fix it for PSVR too.

but skyrim remastered on PS4 that came out ages ago also have surround bug and bethesda didnt bothered to fix it

Yeah I noticed that. Slightly odd to have a VR title without proper surround. Once before I tried a game and sound defaulted to Stereo, that was in GT Sport I think, also rather odd, but easily fixed in settings.

Bethesda only fixes stuff when they get tons of shit. Remember how they flat out denied the Skyrim problems with the PS3 version for a good 6 months? Took a lot of PS3 specific bad reviews and articles from the gaming press until they could finally be arsed to tackle the issue. Unlikely scenario given the very limited VR community.

The new patch added smooth turn to the Moves. Tried it but its not for me, it just looks wrong and get sick very quickly. However, I'm 100% positive the patch brought better image quality even if the patch notes do not mention it. Rendering of far way stuff is sharper now and not a complete fudge mess.

Hahahaha, watching a stream of this being played on PC and it is absolutely hilarious watching this huge battleaxe being swung around as if it was a tiny little dagger.

That's a problem for VR that I'm not sure how you fix outside of also requiring the player to pick up items of various weights to try to get the VR simulation to react believably WRT weight and mass of in game objects. There was already a slight disconnect in games for years with ragdoll physics with corpses that react as if they weighed all of 5 pounds. Or boxes. :p

But that disconnect ramps up significantly when it's an object the player is supposedly wielding and why it looks so hilarious watching it.

You can't just make the in game representation move slower as you would with standard controls (controller or KB/M) as then you have a huge disconnect between what your arm is doing and what your arm is connected to in game is doing.

Also interesting that in continuous movement mode, the faster you move, the less of the world you can see as the view area becomes more and more restricted. I may have to try that at a friends place to see if it helps with motion sickness. I'm going to guess that it won't.

Regards,
SB

Also interesting that in continuous movement mode, the faster you move, the less of the world you can see as the view area becomes more and more restricted. I may have to try that at a friends place to see if it helps with motion sickness. I'm going to guess that it won't.

Regards,
SB

That can be turned off in the options.

Well in a world where you fight dragons with magic spells, it does not matter much if you can swing a big axe like you were Schwarzenegger :LOL:

Well, I have over 100 hours now and that has never really bothered me at all. But I've seen some people saying they were using wrist weights to help immersion and have weight training while at it.

But FWIW, there is a boxing game coming that is based on Creed and they implemented a stamina system, where when you run out of it, the in game arms stop reproducing 1:1 what you are doing at the same speed to give the impression of exhaustion. If it works well or not, I don't know, did not try it.

Well in a world where you fight dragons with magic spells, it does not matter much if you can swing a big axe like you were Schwarzenegger :LOL:

Dragons and Magic are supposed to stick out. The idea is for gamers to wander around and admire the idyllic Norse villages, then go holy shit whenever the dragons shows up. They are not supposed to go holy shit when the physics stop making sense. One shatters the illusion. The other is awesome.

I have not been able to play for 2 weeks now (reaaaaally busy IRL with getting new house ready to move in, plus preparing a Pitch, plus preparing trip to Japan). I really miss it :(
All I need to do now to be completely satisfied and move on is the Dragonborn DLC. At least I can take comfort in the fact I'll have more space for VR on my new place :D

holy molly! diving into skyrim vr mods is a mess. So many mods was unclear what compatible with VR or not. Btw Race Menu didnt comatible at alll

Finally got the physics mods working!!!!
but why the heck boobs physics works but cloth and hair physics doesn't... I need cloth physics more than boob physics!

seriously, the clothes looks weird without physics. Armors looks fine tho!

Adding physics mods doesn't automatically make clothes react to physics. You need modified or new clothes that include physics support.

i think i found the issue. It seems there's compatibility issues for 2 most popular physics "engine" mod and there's 14 steps to make them works together. Will try later when i got time.

haha this is like oblivion all over again. Spending time more on making mods works than playing the game hahahaha

Back