AMD RyZen CPU Architecture for 2017

I wonder why (15W) Raven Ridge only supports DDR4-2400 while Summit Ridge (Ryzen/TR/Epyc) supports DDR4-2667. The integrated GPU sorely needs it.
I thought it was perhaps a power usage consideration, but DDR4-2667 SODIMMs still use DDR4's standard 1.2V.

Both extremes are equally little enlightening with regards to platform potential.

AMD obviously (deftly or underhandedly, take your pick) deemphasized the Acer Swift 3 as it seems to be a best case scenario for the 8th. gen Intel platform (hell, it's faster than most, if not all, 8th. gen i7s I've seen benchmarked) in their press material. Silly.

On the other hand, it's equally silly to make a case for further penalizing the "25W" Ryzen 5 against the "15W" i5 based on the HP vs the Acer system when you are purporting to make inferences about the underlying platform.

There is just way too much (potential) variability from one OEM configuration to the next to know decidedly without a much larger sampling of systems.

15W i5....

I don't believe in unicorns. As the AMD chip boosts to out-of-spec power limit to raise its benchmark scores, is naive and partial to believe that KBLr-U doesn't do the same. Intel lost this one, deal with it.

It's most likely fake:
- Horrible compression
- Ryzen Pro event
- Ryzen Mobile APU says "launches" while anything before it says "launched" > picture taken before Ryzen APUs launched

I'd say the 2nd gen Ryzen & Ryzen Gaming Mobile APU thingy were added by whoever chopped the picture up

ok, but what about this one: http://ranker.sisoftware.net/show_r...e1d0e0d9ebdae2c4b68bbb9df89da090b6c5f8c0&l=en

oDukKqn.jpg

Acer Swift 3 with Ryzen mobile:

Last edited:
I won CPU lottery! Shame this is for my customer, but still!!

AMD Ryzen R5 1600 :D
9DTmSll.jpg

Tested it on various 3D rendering programs and in 3D Mark and so far so good!
It also clocks to 3.8GHz all 8 cores with 1.3V stable on this boxed cooler. This is practically in line with my R7 1700 :)

No BIOS mods or anything like that, I build this PC and started testing it after installing Windows 10. My first test was Cinebench 15 and it gave 1494, I thought this is a bit high for vanilla R5 1600, so I've opened task manager and counted processor threads 3 times just to be sure!

Unicorn found!

Back