AMD RyZen CPU Architecture for 2017

Can you tell something about clocks, when you play games like Crysis 3. My A10-9600P (HP15) runs with 1,1GHz/450-480 MHz.

About your video:
It looks, like it (Envy x360) uses mXFR (25W TDP).

Last edited:
Something isn't right with my system, it crashes all the games I run after a few minutes, sometimes it takes the system with it.
Re-installing radeon settings RN.

Ugh, I really hope AMD can sort out this memory thing. Finally went ahead and upgraded my i5 2500k to a Ryzen 1600x (it's just a stopgap and great bang for the buck for gaming).

Was excited until I put in my Samsung B-die (G.Skill Flare X 3200) and couldn't get more than 1866 on the memory. Wut? Turns out I can only get 3200 (or more, I haven't messed with it much yet) if I only use 2 sticks of memory. UGH.

I haven't had a chance to mess with it much (don't have the time), but anyone have potential tips on getting 4 channels of memory to run at higher than 1866? I'm using the Asrock Taichi x370. The next step up just causes it to puke 3 times and then default back to 1866.

Regards,
SB

Ugh, I really hope AMD can sort out this memory thing. Finally went ahead and upgraded my i5 2500k to a Ryzen 1600x (it's just a stopgap and great bang for the buck for gaming).

Was excited until I put in my Samsung B-die (G.Skill Flare X 3200) and couldn't get more than 1866 on the memory. Wut? Turns out I can only get 3200 (or more, I haven't messed with it much yet) if I only use 2 sticks of memory. UGH.

I haven't had a chance to mess with it much (don't have the time), but anyone have potential tips on getting 4 channels of memory to run at higher than 1866? I'm using the Asrock Taichi x370. The next step up just causes it to puke 3 times and then default back to 1866.

Regards,
SB
Using the latest motherboard firmware?
Product number of the modules?

Using the latest motherboard firmware?
Product number of the modules?

Yup latest BIOS available for the MB and the modules are G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX. Have it at 3333 with just 2 channels of memory with no tweaking. Just set XMP profile and speed. But with 4 channels of memory it won't go above 1866 without puking. I haven't had time to mess with it.

Also, which is better for Ryzen? Higher speed or lower timings? I know the infinity fabric works better with higher speed, but is there a point of diminishing returns where lower timings is better?

Regards,
SB

Return them and swap for double capacity sticks?

"review"
ojxbb.jpg

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Our-f...Intel-has-every-reason-to-worry.266618.0.html

APUSILICON has some good videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/APUsilicon/videos

Spotted: Ryzen 3 1200 CPU with Eight Active CPU Cores Enabled
There is a video floating on the web of a Russia based guy who purchased a Ryzen 3 1200, a four core sub 100 USD processor. The user, however, found his PC rather fast.

As it turns out, instead of four active CPU cores, he has eight CPU cores active. SMT towards 16 threads, however, was not active. The extra cores were not unlocked by a trick or tweak in the BIOS, it ran fully activated "out of the box".

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/spotted-ryzen-3-1200-cpu-with-eight-active-cpu-cores-enabled.html

Curious...! 8 full cores should be significantly faster than 4 cores/8 threads.

I wonder how such an abomination of a chip could slip through the QC checks. :p

Back