Who is your idol, your reference? Mine is american even if I hate america right now

It's interesting to compare what Gates is doing compared to what Jobs' legacy is. One would have thought it would be the other way around (not talking about the horror of cancer etc., just the kind of people they are/were).

I'd day Bill Gates. Well, better put, he and his wife Melinda. He'd be the world's richest man weren't for the fact that they donated so much money. Any of them could make a great president of the USA for a better world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...and-won-t-leaving-70billion-fortune-dies.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-him-richest-man-title-idUSTRE72668V20110308

They even have ambulance fleet on Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

Anyway, I have no idol I think. There are many I consider awesome tho.

Bill and Melinda gate, hideo Kojima, yoji shinkawa, Abdurrahman Wahid, Ahok, Jokowi, Tesla, Einstein, shifty geezer, Arwin, brit...

I'll share my very pessimistic point of view.
When one have billions of dollars, I always try to find out where all this money comes from. And the result is often ugly, at the cost of many other.
It's great what Gates does for charity, he does more than many, but he's in a position of power, it doesn't cost him. Put him on a pedestal when he really renounces his wealth

When one have billions of dollars, I always try to find out where all this money comes from. And the result is often ugly, at the cost of many other.
It's great what Gates does for charity, he does more than many, but he's in a position of power, it doesn't cost him. Put him on a pedestal when he really renounces his wealth

But one with billions of dollars also can make you crazy with power. Look at the skhrelli fiasco with charging ridiculous money for essential drugs

It's interesting to compare what Gates is doing compared to what Jobs' legacy is. One would have thought it would be the other way around (not talking about the horror of cancer etc., just the kind of people they are/were).
They even have ambulance fleet on Yogyakarta, Indonesia.

Anyway, I have no idol I think. There are many I consider awesome tho.

Bill and Melinda gate, hideo Kojima, yoji shinkawa, Abdurrahman Wahid, Ahok, Jokowi, Tesla, Einstein, shifty geezer, Arwin, brit...
:LOL::LOL::mrgreen::mrgreen:
well, history is there and you can see the ups and downs of some biographies. The dark side of human nature I guess...it is always present.

Melinda was the mentor of her husband, it didn't come out naturally to him, afaik --from what I read in past articles. Do you think renouncing his health would make him a better person? I don't think so. Actually, if it doesn't come out to him naturally and make it because of vanity...

Being Genuine in a time where we're surrounded by fakeness is something I'd admire of someone. I have a brother like that and I'd like to be like him but I am different compared to him.
I was always torn between Hunter S. Thompson, Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Twain, Rudyard Kipling, and Speed Racer. :s
:LOL:I'd add the entire of Japan to the list. And the women which are my type of women.
fat mike, prolly the greatest song writer ever. Not to mention he is a true genius
now that you mention it, I know of a band whose name in English is Heroes of Silence, that...had they sang in English would be so famous around the world and their lyrics so loved that they'd be up there in any people's favourite music list around the world.

When I was a Christian, my reference was Christ. Then that space was left empty when I became an atheist, and it remains empty to this day.

"slaves obey your masters" that jesus christ,
the one who told his followers to bring unbelievers before him and slay them
The one who admonished the Pharisees because they weren’t killing their unruly children, like the Old Testament had explicitly ordered.
- sounds like a lovely guy.

Sorry but religion is my hot button topic

Last edited:
The problem is, that most of the times, even if they didn't get their money at the cost of others, (although that is almost always debatable) they are insanely detached from the reality the rest 99% face.
If you think you need 190 million to "keep your head above the water" something is wrong.
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-money-to-be-rich-2017-11

Back