Movie Reviews 2.0

They need a Logan for Star Wars. It would probably be the only one I'd actually really enjoy but it's not going to happen.

I saw Thor: Ragnarok last weekend as well. It was fun and entertaining, most of the jokes worked well. I was surprised to see quite a few scenes changed or missing from the trailers and the movie itself had a few turn of events that actually I didn't see coming. As a Hulk fanboy I would have liked to see more of him in action, especially at the end of the movie. The final battle in general could have been a little better. The arena battle was alright and imo can be interpreted in quite many ways :)

I actually thought the second Thor movie was reasonably good, but yeah this was the best of them so far and among my favourite Marvel movies.

Thor was meh. Too much „comedy“ for my taste, also half of the time not funny.

Didn‘t overshadow the ultra weak plot either...holy shit, are kids writing these stories nowadays?!?

Comic books used to have great and complex stories...it is brutal how superficial movies are. When the comedy part is not working...nothing is left. CGI action is seen that done that imo, let‘s move on and hope Justice league is better.

Thor was meh. Too much „comedy“ for my taste, also half of the time not funny.

Didn‘t overshadow the ultra weak plot either...holy shit, are kids writing these stories nowadays?!?

Comic books used to have great and complex stories...it is brutal how superficial movies are. When the comedy part is not working...nothing is left. CGI action is seen that done that imo, let‘s move on and hope Justice league is better.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I'm not sure if Justice League / DC in the future will be any different because that is where money is, unfortunately. Judging from the trailers Flash is the comic relief of the movie, imitating Marvel Studios's Spiderman in a way. I don't really love Spiderman Homecoming and still believe that Sam Raimi's trilogy is the definitive movie version of the character. Plus when they make a superhero someone that is insecure and goofy, it really breaks the "suspension of disbelief" in me. I mean, how would someone so insecure and unstable act like a superhero and the bad guys into a pulp? How would they do that, looking like the most self-confident person in the world and in the next shot they are back acting like an idiot that is still finding their place in world? At what point is comedy inserted into the script just for the sake of comedy and not as part of real character development?

How would they do that, looking like the most self-confident person in the world and in the next shot they are back acting like an idiot that is still finding their place in world?
how would prince et al get up on stage in front of 10s of thousands of ppl to entertain when facing crippling shyness etc

how would prince et al get up on stage in front of 10s of thousands of ppl to entertain when facing crippling shyness etc

I don't think these two situations are comparable..

I'm not exactly the most extroverted person myself and I did a bit of theatre in the past. When you enter a stage you had weeks of preparation and rehearsals.

When a super hero would enter into a fight to save the planet, there would be no script. Everything needs to be improvised. And you can only be a good improviser if you have self confidence.

Well I thought BvS was fucking great, so it'd be awesome if it was even better. I seriously like Snyder's GrimDark style (although I hear JL isn't dark/as dark, so I guess I'll have to live with that! :D)

Dik does indeed means fat in Dutch, and German may even use the same spelling. Very likely traces back to the same origin as the English thick.

Wow. Just got back from Justice League and... it was fakkin brilliant!! Maybe I’m crazy but I loved it, it had a lot of surprises I wasn’t expecting, a lot of amazing moments and it was very funny too. Kinda prefer it to Thor Ragnarok.

The big bad, totally useless, but I’m ok with that. It was really all about the heroes and the chemistry between them, and it was brilliant for it.

So in my mind, all the bad reviews and the obvious hate trend for anything DC are fake news.

Wasn’t perfect, but what’s perfect anyway? You can kinda see where they might have cut some scenes a bit too much but that’s why we have directors cut releases for home viewing.

Last edited:
Wow. Just got back from Justice League and... it was fakkin brilliant!! Maybe I’m crazy but I loved it, it had a lot of surprises I wasn’t expecting, a lot of amazing moments and it was very funny too. Kinda prefer it to Thor Ragnarok.

The big bad, totally useless, but I’m ok with that. It was really all about the heroes and the chemistry between them, and it was brilliant for it.

So in my mind, all the bad reviews and the obvious hate trend for anything DC are fake news.

Wasn’t perfect, but what’s perfect anyway? You can kinda see where they might have cut some scenes a bit too much but that’s why we have directors cut releases for home viewing.

I just came home from a late night showing. I liked it a lot, but felt a bit like I was watching two movies here. The first 70% was amazing, then the tone changed a lot, a little too much imo (Whedon effect?) At first the occasional humour was clever and funny, but the overall tone was serious and menacing, then the last part of the movie was more of hit and miss imo. The constant humour didn't work so well anymore. In Thor the tone pretty much stayed consistent even if it did have some serious moments. The same happened to the bad guy. I thought Steppenwolf was done pretty good until the final battle. At First He felt menacing, quite powerful with a clear task, but lost a lot of that in the end.

I also don't hate Batman Vs Superman. I liked this more. I think they did a good job here overall.

The scene when Superman comes back was just perfect! Answer to my prayers really. Finally DC or any superhero movie got and showed the power levels correctly/=how I want ;) OMG I was in heaven, almost cried watching it :) After that though... It went little too lighthearted and easy. They should have kept Steppenwolfs threat level a little higher and certainly not have his own army attack him, because he turned scared...

Last edited:
Agree completely. That one scene was by far the best thing in the movie. Just wow.

Big bad was, well, a bit of a punching bag for the league. Especially at the end.

Back