CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

Right. I thought your 56 rates were low. Is that because you have to dork a 56 to hit those mh/s numbers? My 580s are flashed with the memory timing mod then undervolted, core clock reduced and memory overclocked.

if i push the HBM i can get up to about 40mh but the ram gets hot to fast and the card will lock. I pushed my vega down low to about 90 watts from the wall. If i flash the vega56 to a 64 i can get more hash out of it and of course this has been out much less time than a 580 so no one has optimized timings or anything else yet.

I am waiting to see if someone makes a bracket for an AIO water cooler for it before i push the card more.

Where did you generate the Ethereum adress you're mining to and what kind of wallet are you using? First, it seems your payment threshold is still at the default one full ETH. You need to lower that to the minimum amount of 0.05 to force a payout. Then there's the transcation fee and maybe a fixed amount deducted, and then the remaining ETH tokens are credited to you adress. Whereever you got that from - maybe it even is inside your wallet by then.

Is there a reason to think that the GTX 1070 Ti will perform better than the original GTX 1070 in mining?

I know the memory bandwidth and latency specs should be the same but hopefully the memory will be of a better quality to allow higher overclocking.

Also does the extra 27% CUDA cores help with mining.
Remember that Mining, contrary to public opinion, is not Ethereum-only, which indeed is largely memory bound and where you can eek out maybe a better efficiency due to two factors (if you're lucky): One, you could clock the chip lower to reach the same minimum FLOPS to saturate memory bandwith, thus saving a few watts. Two, you're practically guaranteed a newer GPU production wise, which could have slightly better electrical characteristics due to improved process management at TSMC.

But, there are (a lot of?) coins which also depend on FLOPs, foremost Zcash comes to mind. Here, higher TFLOPS lead to higher earnings and that's a niche where a TI would show an advantage over a non-Ti. BUT - and this is the big but - on the other hand, pricing so far seems to put the Ti almost on par with the cheaper 1080s, which in turn do have slightly more FLOPs again. But with those, you're basically giving up on the option of mining ETH because of GDDR5X.

1070 Ti, if you can get a decently priced one, would be your most flexible, but not the best-in-all-cases option for mining and gaming from Nvidia. And there are Radeon RX Vega to consider as well, especially fro XMR, DCR and ETH they seem to do well; in fact, for ETH I know it, for the others it's an educated guess.

Last edited:
Polaris seems to be a beast in dual mining ETH + DCR. I get 90 % ETH hash rate + 70% DCR hash rate out of one. Even @ ridiculous power consumption, it currently is more profitable than just mining ETH with moderate power optimizartions (still can't get undervolting to work on my cards, sadly :( )

I'm trying to get more dual mining tuning done though, hopefully i won't loose too much DCR rate

Yep, dual mining can be a thing. But the little profit to be made from DCR is not worth it for me since I have rather high electricity costs. Same reason, I'm not into ZEC so much, ETH-only is quite e-bill friendly in this regard.

Yeah, I've been mining some ZEC, but the best gpu settings (1070s) include overclocking the core so higher consumption.

Anyone read up on hashgraph? By all accounts it puts blockchain to shame but it's private and patented.

Yeah, I've been mining some ZEC, but the best gpu settings (1070s) include overclocking the core so higher consumption.

My 1070s are competitive mining Equihash algo (ZEC, HUSH, ZCL, ZEN ... I don't mine ZEC since 20% of mining rewards goes into the developer's pockets. That's utterly ridiculous. ) I'm using near-ETH (equihash loves good memory performance too) : power limit 85 % (=> 1060 W), + 200 core ( => 1700 - 1800), + 700 mem ( => 9000). I get 420 - 450 sol/s per card, which is in line with whattomine site.

With ETH, I draw 970ishW (pushing it I can reach 930W, but it feels like performance is compromized a little). So in my case, ETH -> Equihash only needs arount 100W extra for 8 cards, it's not that wasteful. And at the moment ZEC & ZEN are quite a bit more profitable than ETH

Apologies if this was already mentioned, but wow, just wow ...

ASUS LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI B250 ATX Motherboard for Cryptocurrency Mining with 19 PCIe Slots and USB 3.1 Gen1 (B250 MINING EXPERT)
  • Maximize your mining connectivity and speed with 19x PCIe Slots, up to 32GB DDR4 2400 RAM, USB 3.1 Gen1 and Intel Gigabit LAN
  • Triple-ATX12V Power Delivery separates 19x PCIe slots into 3 groups, each with a dedicated 24-pin for reliable power performance
  • 5X Protection III Hardware-level safeguards with Safe Slot Core, LANGuard and Overvoltage Protection provide component longevity and reliability
  • PCIe Slot State Detection provides a real time indication of the status of each GPU in your rig
  • Voltage-stabilization Capacitors provides steady voltage from your power supply units to your GPUs
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...6011&cm_re=asus_mining-_-13-119-028-_-Product

https://www.amazon.com/B250-Motherb...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3GAVG91D70T3DB91FGJA

916Qd6deErL._SY450_.jpg

Pretty mixed reviews. Apparently only supports 16 gpus at present (8 each of AMD/NV). Driver/BIOS update Q4 to remedy. Interesting.

I can view that site fine, with adblock on, sory .

It seems to be related to "AdBlock" Edge Extension, but doesn't trigger on "uBlock Origin" Edge Extension. I support sites I frequently visit, but sites I only go to once a year that are news aggregators or from linked content get lumped into the general "sites gone wild with annoying adverts" bucket and thus block everything.

Anyways, that seems a bit odd of a layout. Is that nothing but PCI-E Power plugs along the bottom and side? If so, doesn't the GPU cards plugged into that board still require PCI-E power connectors themselves? The original write-up at TechPower Up [ https://www.techpowerup.com/236961/...tandard-motherboard-with-eight-pcie-x16-slots ] doesn't give much details about that aspect, but I cant see it working any other way.

I'm using uBlock, so that checks out

I guess we'll have to wait for retail availability to know (not sure if this kind of card warrants a full review). I expect that all the PCI-e connectors of the GPUs need to be connected. As for the PIC-e connectors on the board, hopefully one should connect some depending on the number of GPUs installed. But without 24 pin ATX plug, how can you even start the thing?

I came back from holiday and finally had time to test newest driver with my Vega 56 @64 BIOS.
The results are quite good! From 38MH/s hash-rate jumped to 43.5MH/s at the same exact settings: P6: 962 / P7: 1037 @950mv and HBM2 1100MHz. Fan profile is set aggressively to maintain HBM temperature below 85C at all times.

Great driver for a gamer who also mines when working with desktop apps :)

Back