CryptoCurrency Mining with GPUs *spawn*

Still below TR1920/1950X. XMR is optimized for 2 MiB Cache per instance, which Skylake X struggles with. :D

Thanks for the insight. But if XMR is compute - limited at any moment, I'd imagine an AVX-512 miner could help there. It might not be though, XMR being very sensitive to memory performance as we know.

Quick question for anyone who has used LocalBitCoins. To sell Bitcoin do you first need to transfer the amount you want to sell (or a little more) to your LocalBitCoins wallet or can you send the transaction directly from your primary wallet outside of LBC?

And it seems that the fix previously included only in the blockchain driver is now included here as well. So finally one can properly game and mine on the same machine

my vega 56 went from 28mh to 32 mh with the same power settings and cooling targets . Quite happy with these drivers as I also game on this pc

I'm just saying GPUs being good at this kind of workload will only make them more expensive by the VC sellers.

Yes, but you quoted my post needlesly and confusingly, in my opinion.

This driver release really helps gamers, rather than miners. Since gamers likely want the latest drivers for the latest game-related optimizations. So previously, your mining performance was compromised with the latest drivers. Now it's not the case anymore. So gamers now get the choice to mine competively, when they're not using their gpu for other purposes

As a miner (I do have one rig w/ 8 RX 580), I'm not impacted by this much. I just keep the driver release that yields the best mining results, no matter how old it is - the 23 August blockchain release does that. I will update to the latest (especially since there seem to be some voltage tuning fixes), but I'm betting performance won't change when I do

Right. I thought your 56 rates were low. Is that because you have to dork a 56 to hit those mh/s numbers? My 580s are flashed with the memory timing mod then undervolted, core clock reduced and memory overclocked.

v56 should still be able to hit 37-38 MH/s. Especially when you flash a v64 vBIOS in order to hit 1100 MHz mem-clock.

Back