Microsoft Xbox Gold Quests start today [2017-10-03]

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Microsoft started another initiative to provide further value to Xbox Live Gold subscribers, known as Xbox Quests. I'm sure most are asking, what is that? The way it's described on the landing page is a fun way to get rewarded for being an Xbox Live Gold member.

How it works is each month there will be 3 new Quests posted in the Gold Membership area. Each person that completes the quests is guaranteed to win some sort of prize. The top prize of the month is a 65" Samsung 4K TV.

See additional details here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/xbox-quests?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Video_lrn_10.3.2

That's a pretty cool concept and a free bonus for XB gamers. What are the quests? I see these are console only for the moment.

Not sure if everyone's quests are the same or not, but here's what I see:
1) Log in to Xbox Live account on 15 different days this month
2) Earn an achievement in 4 different games
3) Request to join 3 clubs

October_Quests.jpg

Again MS opening its coffers and throwing money to try and lasso people and buy market share. The optics are terrible; they're so desperate they must resort to bribing people to gain market share (never really worked with Bung tho - they're still a way distant bit player even in the U.S. - euros they don't bother to even try to bribe... :rolleyes:)

Also, request to join 3 clubs, how does that work? Is it a good idea to ask people to spam clubs with join requests even though they may have no interest in actually joining, just for the remote chance of winning something valuable?

Again MS opening its coffers and throwing money to try and lasso people and buy market share.

You have it all wrong. It's certainly not an effort to expand market-share, considering market-share is measured in hardware and this is not hardware.

It's not enough of a perk to draw people to become Gold and they know that. It's a free perk for people already subscribed to Xbox Live Gold.

Again MS opening its coffers and throwing money to try and lasso people and buy market share. The optics are terrible; they're so desperate they must resort to bribing people to gain market share (never really worked with Bung tho - they're still a way distant bit player even in the U.S. - euros they don't bother to even try to bribe... :rolleyes:)

Also, request to join 3 clubs, how does that work? Is it a good idea to ask people to spam clubs with join requests even though they may have no interest in actually joining, just for the remote chance of winning something valuable?
Serious question here, but why do you care what Microsoft does?

Tommy McClain

You have it all wrong. It's certainly not an effort to expand market-share, considering market-share is measured in hardware and this is not hardware.
Hm, I'd say most everything a corporation does is about market share*... They obviously want to buff the attractiveness of its options, which would qualify as an attempt to draw in more paying customers, even those who might previously have been ambivalent about buying an xbone in the first place.

*Arguably not executive "compensation", but that's a different discussion, probably for a different forum too. :p

Serious question here, but why do you care what Microsoft does?
Can't I have opinions on things and share them without your permission?

The only thing this does is to raise game activities, increase people's game choices (improve LFG for rarer games) and broaden people's gaming horizon(clubs) by trying something new. It's an "event" people can join or not.

Why that should be "immoral/stupid/bad/pointless" by Grall's logic I can't fathom.

Last week I recieved a message from Xbox about my first quest reward. I cant really complain about it, cause free is free and the estimated normal retail price is $10. Did anyone else get their reward from last month?

Congratulations! You completed your Xbox Quest. Your reward is… a GTAV Shark Card ($500,000 in-game GTA V currency)! Redeem on your console or Xbox.com/redeemcode. For more info visit Microsoft.com/giftcard.

They're just adding incentives to increase the "sticky" with their userbase and increase the LTV (lifetime value) of each member. The longer you have someone on your platform, the more inclined they are to spend and develop a habit around it.

Decembers quests are a bit meh...
  1. Add Xbox Live Gold Tile to Home
  2. Play Online Multiplayer for 10 hours
  3. Add 10 new Friends

Congratulations! You completed your Xbox Quest. Your reward is… a GTAV Shark Card ($500,000 in-game GTA V currency)! Redeem on your console or Xbox.com/redeemcode. For more info visit Microsoft.com/giftcard.

So my second rewards was also a GTA V Shark Card. Make that two GTA V Shark Cards.

I'm now a GTA V Millionaire! Very nearly a Multi-Milionaire. :LOL:

Back