Destiny 2

PvP is actually not that bad. People get shredded by this Egyptian looking pulse rifle exotic! Furthermore....it is all about the power weapons, reminds me about the early Gears games, where the team that controls the power weapon wins.

I still feel that my Titan is super weak in comparison to the Warlock...Warlock seem to be the best DPS and the best Tanks in this game?!?

I finally got the Mask of the Quiet Man (lol Bungie...why in hell don't you take the chance and make a helmet a la Masterchef when it is called mask of the quiet man?!?!?!)...it feels good.

What are you guys Titan builds?
double check your gear setups, some folks like to run high resilience, if it even adds up to taking 1 more hit, that's a big difference.
That being said, warlock PVP gear is all mobility based. And void locks can only tank if they kill things, or are sitting under a healing rift.

Finally got the second exotic ai ever wanted: Insurmountable skullfort helmet for titan...fits to the arc class...need to test it out tomorrow!

Uriel's gift is insane

Hmm, I tried this and kept getting melted by Mida. also from a comment on reddit everybody in Trials is using Mida too. and that's the best indicator.

I think it's baloney I bet Mida is going to get nerfed quickly, due in part to community outcry, yet that same community was hunky dory with Palindrome and Eyesluna (same gun different skin really) being the only viable top tier primaries for like a year (literally).

Pretty sure the laser gun (Cold heart?) Will be the first one to get nerfed - ridiculously OP.

In PVE? I just vaulted mine early on, should I take it out and infuse it? Is it good in the raid?

It sounds like people are gonna be able to one phase the dogs reliably soon, which to me sounds like that's going to make it infinitely easier. So that's nice, maybe this raid wont be so awful.

I'm kinda taking it an encounter at a time and then when the group stalls out I go to youtube looking for guides on that encounter. I dont look at guides first partly to not be "spoiled", although it's not a huge deal, and also because I tend to need to experience the encounter first to really "get" guides. So by that token two encounters down, currently on Dogs (haven't raided since early in the week).

Anyway more crucible talk, I'm mr long range guy, so I thought a AR/Mida loadout might be fun, kinda dual long range (long and "long-short"). It's not it sucks. I think it was the much hyped Uriels Gift and Mida even.

So far since I cant use Antiope with Mida I use Mida and some Omolon sidearm, seems most effective I guess. I'd like to experiment soon with some other loadouts like a legendary 200 ROF (Mida class) scout and Antiope, or Mida and a non-Antiope 600 ROF Sub.

I sharded ALL my legendary scouts cause I wanted to get the "shard 5 scouts" phase of the Mida quest over with. I had a good scout, seven-six-five or something, it was 200 ROF, wish I'd get that one again.

I joined Timberwolf's clan (hope it was ok to do so?). Maybe we can do the Nightfall sometime. Haven't done it yet, and I'm stuck at 272. I hate how Bungie makes the good gear basically inaccessible to people with full time jobs.

I joined Timberwolf's clan (hope it was ok to do so?). Maybe we can do the Nightfall sometime. Haven't done it yet, and I'm stuck at 272. I hate how Bungie makes the good gear basically inaccessible to people with full time jobs.

I'm sure the guys won't mind at all. If you see us on line, just join the party and introduce yourself. If you're interested, we kind of talk games on slack and often set up games there too. The more the merrier and the quicker we get those clan buffs.

I finally got my Ratking exotic tonight and my current power level is 277.
Finishing with 5 minutes left to meet the Ratking requirements was what was tough. We did it on our 3-4 try.

Nightfall isn't to hard to complete by itself.

Reactions: NRP
Cold heart is actually an auto rifle tho. It even produce auto rifle sound on my surround speakers. Works normally on stereo tho

Furthermore....it is all about the power weapons, reminds me about the early Gears games, where the team that controls the power weapon wins.

I dont feel that way, in fact I'm surprised how often I get power ammo just because nobody seems to care about it that much sometimes.

The power weapons are not really THAT much more powerful than regular. Especially because the meta is long range team facedowns, and most of the power weapons are ineffectual at long range.

Rockets for example definitely seem less effective than in D1. There's no grenades and horseshoes, etc.

At least it's good I feel like power ammo is something you can get a decent amount, so it can vary the gameplay a bit. I was worried you would hardly ever see it in D2.

On another topic, it's all over reddit but I couldn't agree more, timed nightfalls is terrible. It just adds a lot of stress and makes them unfun. Hopefully they completely undo that sooner than later. Nightfalls are like the only non raid non public PVE I ever do for years, and now it's no fun? Yech.

Also, the mod and shader systems are pretty terrible. It's kind of amazing Bungie pays people tons of money to come up with often pretty bad systems.

The shaders, I barely cared before, but now you just get a bunch of weird amateur looking squares, I have no idea what they look like and they look like somebody made the icon in MS paint in 3 minutes. I dont care to drill down and see them. Then, you have to apply to each piece of armor and weapon? Blech. I'm not messing with all that. Most of them seem extremely muted too. Like, almost dull.

Maybe the old "one shader covers everything" system was too simplistic, but this is just terrible.

Also I jut realized I literally never see anybody do the hunter dodge in crucible and I pretty much forgot I had it either. Good job Bungie.

Last edited:
Damn, my Xbone broke. Wont turn on after I shut it down and unplugged it. Gotta get it repaired.
unplug the power cord from the wall. Wait until the breaker resets and give it another shot?

RenegadeRocks and I are hanging around doing the updated milestones if anyone's called sick today :)
Were u able to hear me ? cos I could see a speaker icon on ur emblem but didnt hear anything.

BTW, join me anytime u see me on :) . I have got a titan that needs these milestones doen too, so will be online again tomorrow. Finishing up the crucible milestone now.
Got a LOT OF STUFF from Hawthorne today. Our clan levelled up to level 3 too so HAwthorne gave me 3 packages in a go ! Got the Trials Scout rifle too from the clan stuff :D

Hmm, I tried this and kept getting melted by Mida. also from a comment on reddit everybody in Trials is using Mida too. and that's the best indicator.

I think it's baloney I bet Mida is going to get nerfed quickly, due in part to community outcry, yet that same community was hunky dory with Palindrome and Eyesluna (same gun different skin really) being the only viable top tier primaries for like a year (literally).
Trials has a different flow than Quickplay or even your typical Competitive match. There is a lot of distant coordinated teamshooting... it's very passive. Therefore scout rifles were dominant.
The map was also a scout rifle-friendly map... it was pretty much a must, and there are more limited options for scout rifles in the Energy slot (or at least they're harder to get), so loadout comes into play here. The only 2 good/decent scouts in the Energy slot that I've come across are Manannan and the Trials scout is decent.

The most common loadout in Trials that I saw was MIDA + Uriels and/or Prosecutor (Trials AR that is similar to Uriels). MIDA + Mini was a fairly close second. This is solid loadout for PVP in general, but especially for Trials, and it's easy to obtain these weapons.

So with that said, I don't really think MIDA is overpowered, just a very popular weapon because it's familiar to a lot of players, is fairly easy to obtain, and easy to find an energy weapon to pair with. There are other scout rifles that can easily go toe-to-toe with MIDA, and inside midrange, Uriels/Prosecutor (or even a good 600RPM AR) will outgun a MIDA more times than not IMO. It's easy to stay within this range too, because most of the maps aren't very big.

So both Uriels and MIDA are top-tier PVP weapons, hence why it's a common pairing.

Here's a list of weapons I've tried that I think are solid for PVP:
Kinetic SRs: MIDA, Nameless Midnight
Kinetic AR: Origin Story
Kinetic PR: Nightshade
Kinetic HC: Better Devils, The Old Fashioned, Judgement (Trials HC)

Energy SRs: Manannan, The End (Trials SR)
Energy AR: Uriels Gift, Prosecutor (both 450RPM), Martyrs Make (600RPM)
Energy PR: Nergal
Energy HC: Minuet, Annual Skate
Energy Sidearm: The Last Hope (or most of the Omolon burst Sidearms)

I've also heard good things about 600RPM SMGs but I haven't been fortunate enough to get one to drop for me.

Last edited:
I've also heard good things about 600RPM SMGs but I haven't been fortunate enough to get one to drop for me.

I was just going to ask , have you tried Antiope-D?

Yeah it's strong. Probably even stronger than the Omolon sidearms as it has a lot of range. Really strong, you feel like you always will outgun the other guy up close. I think it's definitely the meta king up close already, and significantly better than Mida-mini (the 600 archetype is better than the 900 archtype). Why I feel it's better than Omolon sidearms is both are pretty dominant close, but the Antiope can reach out a lot farther.

The main issue is you cant run Antiope and Mida simultaneously. So I've been experimenting with finding other passable scouts to pair with Antiope, and or I'm looking for a 600 SMG that may be close to as good as Antiope to pair with Mida (it doesn't appear I have any other 600 SMG's currently, who know how many I may have sharded before I knew it was a thing).

I'm still pretty bored of Mida from D1 so any excuse to run a not-Mida loadout I'll usually take, even if it's less effective. So I've been running random scout+Antiope, mixing with Mida+Omolon sidearm (dont have actual Last Hope yet).

On other note the Flashpoint milsetone came in big for me, 290 get! It bumped my energy slot from 283 to 294 (I upped my Mida mini!) which was a huge boon. Now doing the Clan/Crucible ones simultaneously, that'll just leave nightfall, when all that's done I'll be free to raid.

I definitely see different rewards have different loot levels. I get a bunch of random clan packages now, but most of them are kind of middling-decent. Exotics aren't particularly good anymore. I guess actual milestones have the highest potential?

I saw on reddit they're varying all three pre-bosses phases in the raid randomly, for example Dogs is now the first phase. That works well for me because I'm sure to beat it now, as the LFG groups can at least beat one phase before tiring out. I was pretty worried about the Dogs phase. So then I'll just have to learn gauntlet and the boss.

Last edited:
Reached 290 today and got my resilience up.

Still 2 powerfulgear milestones to do...should push me up 1 or two levels hopefully!

I will say I bitch about hunters all the time, but arcbolt grenades+lucky raspberry seem dang decent (Bungie nerf incoming)

Lucky has the armor perk for faster grenade charge for starters (minor effect). But then it makes the bolts chain, good for this meta of people stacked up, you can tag multiples. It also makes the bolt reach farther. Finally, if you do damage with the bolt, it has a chance to instantly regenerate the grenade. This procs at a pretty decent rate (seems like maybe 30-40%). In this grenade starved meta, that's pretty big.

All told it's pretty effective.

But yeah seriously huge nerf incoming. Heaven forbid hunters have anything that isn't garbage.

Edit: Got a huge Sweet Business exotic AR drop at 302. 295 now with nightfall to go. Pretty much hate the gun.

296 after Nightfall. Milestones done...

Last edited:
did bungie silently/accidentally nerfed autorifle/coldheard?

it "tickles" bosses now. Or bungie raised the public event level?

or its simply my super laggy internet

Have you tried the Sidearm "Drang" in Crucible? I seem to win more encounters than "usual" with it.

Yeah I do like it. Nobody ever talks about it (mainly on reddit I guess) so I figured it cant be that good. I used it primarily for a spell.

Should try it again. See if it still feels good after using the Omolon SA.

Got 297 due to some raid loot.

Tried raid, stalled out at dogs (yep) but at least I got some good experience in. You can already tell people are figuring out much better strats already.

I cant find my way around that foggy place for shit. In order to find my designated dog to kill I would just go to the guy with the dog next to mine, then slide over LOL. Since it's easy to find a person.

Were u able to hear me ? cos I could see a speaker icon on ur emblem but didnt hear anything.

BTW, join me anytime u see me on :) . I have got a titan that needs these milestones doen too, so will be online again tomorrow. Finishing up the crucible milestone now.
Got a LOT OF STUFF from Hawthorne today. Our clan levelled up to level 3 too so HAwthorne gave me 3 packages in a go ! Got the Trials Scout rifle too from the clan stuff :D

Nope, couldn't hear anything!! Did al my milestones yesterday (except those stupid Trials) and got to 294 I think?
Time to get my new warlock up now.

Back