Destiny 2

Ok so engrams don't scale up, they are fixed. Blue items continue to go up based on your power level, but once you hit around 265, they will always be ~5 points lower than your overall power level.

edit: oops meant to edit my older post but made a new post instead.

That I've seen they drop exactly 8 lower, no more no less. Sometimes because of the exotic bug *(where the game only counts one exotic armor and one weapon in it's calculation) or something else they will drop 7 lower (meaning the game decides your power is 1 higher than it is, possibly because of something I'm not accounting for). Legendaries go by the same rules.

You may have gotten confused because you weren't always running your max gear.

What resource are you guys using to find a group for Nightfall?

It's tough, all the sites either crapped (destinylfg.com became some unusable garbage) and Xbox LFG well, it tends to be the absolute masses, a lot of crappy players, and not particularly easy to use imo. Although could be limited sample size.

I finally had nightfall success with destinylfg.net. After one post, my notifications went crazy for like 15 minutes. Destiny popping again.

Finished today 284. Didn't really get to play all that much.

More than ready for raid I guess. The only powerful gear I have left is Sturm (not got an exotic to drop yet to finish that quest), and two planetary quests. And Rat King but I'm not planning to do that one.

I'm guessing the raid will quickly invalidate all our grinding anyway (EG with raiding we'll quickly shoot past 300). So there will be no point trying to eke out a couple more power outside the raid.

Honestly with crucible not being as fun as before, no grimoire etc, this game could run out of steam pretty quick. Albeit the raid then the hard raid will buy it some more time.

I've actually gotten quite a few exotics via engrams. Almost all of them are underwhelming. I don't see anything unique and cool like Gjallarhorn or Ice Breaker.

Which are daily and which are weekly milestones?

I swear this morning I saw a 3 Strike Completion for powerful gear as a reward. Then I did a strike and now it showing 5 challenges for Rep Rewards. Everything else is the same.

Has anyone done the raid yet? I'm guessing there will be a ton of precarious jumping sections, given that those types of things were prevalent in the campaign missions.

Has anyone done the raid yet? I'm guessing there will be a ton of precarious jumping sections, given that those types of things were prevalent in the campaign missions.

So far it seems fairly easy. I'll try more later. Beat the first section which is easy, didn't get that much couple lackluster ordinary legendary engrams 274 and 286 (I'm 284) for me, but I guess thats random as some other guy got 293 i believe Luminous engram.. Next section "baths" some guy said can give raid weapons.

Looks nice, very ornate, cool to see a cabal raid I suppose.

King Goth has 78,000 viewers on Twitch doing the raid!

Last edited:
And it's a complete pain in the ass.

You expected less with everybody not knowing what to do?

Actually seemed easy relative to past raids to me. First two sections anyway. Of course the tricky part is getting everybody knowing what the hell they are doing, but that's to be expected.

Did you play D1? I dont recall.

All time worst PITA IMo, Kings Fall!

I'm surprised Skribbles isn't claiming to beat it yet. Maybe world's first...j/k

Hell I coulda beat 2nd stage earlier. Just didn't feel like hunkering down this early in the afternoon, plus I was hungry! I like doing my heavy playing late. It sucks though cus the group I was in was a cool one, hate to leave good groups cus theyre so hard to find.

Slayerage was already worlds first I guess minutes ago. Still like 90k watching Goth.

Not sure why Goth is so popular, I dont hate him but I dont get his absurd popularity either.

And why would you watch that stream? I dont wanna spoil the whole damn raid...

This Destiny feels totally different because for the first time I feel like I have nothing to do on raid day 1 than raid. Just my mindset, but I never felt that way before. I'd usually wait 2-3 weeks before raiding.

As I keep saying I like the simplicity but at the same time worry the game will get shallow. OTOH since I dont want to play this near as much as D1, it kinda works for me.

The new blandness of crucible though is just a problem.

Last edited:
OK never mind raid is a PITA. Got to the Gardens or whatever, pretty PITA for LFG especially.

The loot seems terrible. For beating two major phases I basically got almost nothing to help increase my level. Did not gain one point. Get lots of token that you cant use until you beat the raid anyway. And a key...

In fact I seem terribly stuck on power level right now, at 284. the problem is blues and legendaries are dropping at 274. They cant even come close to helping me.

I think the game gets in a weird rut I dont fully understand. But for example I had one (lowest) slot at 278 (with +5 mod). So getting a 274 blue was FINALLY able to nudge that up one, to 279.

It's confusing but if a Reddit post I read yesterday has any validity, it may trigger something. At least blues can start dropping 275 now (I think), which can help two slots now (I now have two slots at 279).

Or maybe it was just the old case of a couple low slots dragging down the rest. But how can you rectify that when 99% of the loot in the game is dropping freaking 10 power lower than your level. It's normally like, 7-8 low. Ten is crazy.

Even the most recent planetary quest did jack for me. Gave me a 274 engram, when many of my slots are high 280. Joke.

I guess other than raid (or making another character, nah) the only thing i can do til next week is farm PE's for a 1% chance at an exotic. Helluva wall.

You expected less with everybody not knowing what to do?

Actually seemed easy relative to past raids to me. First two sections anyway. Of course the tricky part is getting everybody knowing what the hell they are doing, but that's to be expected.

Did you play D1? I dont recall.

All time worst PITA IMo, Kings Fall!
Of course, of course, I wouldn't expect anything less. Still a pain! :)

I'm surprised Skribbles isn't claiming to beat it yet. Maybe world's first...j/k
Heh, streamers always get world's first. They literally play video games for a living and can level up quicker than most. Plus they have chat helping them out. We went in blind and wanted to figure everything out on our own..that's part of the fun for us. It's really rewarding doing a lot of trial and error, finally figuring it out and actually completing it. And we started a few hours after release because I couldn't get online that early.

But yeah, we beat it earlier tonight. It took a really long time but we took a few lengthy breaks.

I would say it's the hardest raid by quite a margin. It was VERY mechanically heavy. I love mechanically heavy raids, but I almost feel like they went too far. I see a lot of LFG struggling with this one, even when everyone knows the strategies.

That said, I would rank this top 3 for Destiny raids. The last two encounters were really well done IMO.

Guy in my group got the scout rifle and I'm really jealous. It has full auto and dragonfly (which is basically firefly). I got the auto rifle and chest piece on my Warlock.

Last edited:
Only managed to enter the raid. Had to stop at the pools. We attempted a couple of times, but we struggled with having 4 guys down long enough to make the counter weights shootable.

Good first boss, at least in terms of coordination and mechanics.

Reminds me of the first boss of BWL.

I am stuck at 284 too. The nightfall gave me nothing literally and nothing othjer than raid can give me anyhtiing this week. Even with all the stuff that dropped with this week's activities whihc give powerful gear, I just went from 282 o 284.
What should I do now? I cant raid, will crucible drop higher gear? Strikes are capped and vendors are all giving me low level stuff.

Back