Apple A10X SoC

If indeed it has an A10x. We'll know in five hours.
Giving it 4GB RAM would also increase mem b/w by 25% at least (more if it has DDR4 over DDR3), which benefits games more than anything else on a device like Apple TV.

If it targets 4K, that thing needs all the processing power it could ever hope for!

...Only a bit over 4 hours left now! *bites nails* lol

A10X, 4K, HDR. Home screen in 4K/HDR, screen savers in 4K/HDR.

Some software updates, particularly centered around sports it seems.

They also showed ThatGameCompany's (Flow, Flower, that sand game whatsitscalled...), next title, it's about flying around in the clouds, optionally with friends. Uses A10X, Metal 2. Looks very pretty.

That's about it. Device even looks exactly the same.

A10X, 4K, HDR. Home screen in 4K/HDR, screen savers in 4K/HDR.

Some software updates, particularly centered around sports it seems.

They also showed ThatGameCompany's (Flow, Flower, that sand game whatsitscalled...), next title, it's about flying around in the clouds, optionally with friends. Uses A10X, Metal 2. Looks very pretty.

That's about it. Device even looks exactly the same.

New entry price is $179, $30 higher.

For the same 32 GB, which with 4K HDR movies now seems totally inadequate.

Criticisms seem to be, same bad remote and no support for some of the better surround sound audio formats like DTS HD MA.

HDMI is 2.0a. I guess too early for 2.1. Too bad.

I may stick with ATV 4 for another year at least. Well I don't have a 4K HDR TV, though I might have gotten one if there was a really compelling 4K content.

based on ifixit teardown, apple 4k have 2 different ram memory SK Hynix H9HCNNNBRUMLQR 2 GB LPDDR4 RAM and SK Hynix H9HCNNN8KUMLQR 1 GB LPDDR4 RAM for a total of 3 GB. does it possible two different capacity ram memory operating dual channel?

with power supply rated for 12 V at 1.083 A(12,996W maximum power supply) i think apple tv 4k efficiency is so great if i compare xbox one s(700GFLOPS vs. 1403.9GFLOPS). eurogamer test xbox one s to run Project Cars (Disc) and draw 79W.

Last edited:
does it possible two different capacity ram memory operating dual channel?
Yeah, in many/most PCs with dual channel memory controllers it's possible to use mismatched memory sizes, except you'd get only half bandwidth to the larger stick memory of course.

As for efficiency, the A10X is not as powerful as the xbone S and is using low-power silicon manufacturing process, whereas the xbone probably uses a higher power process. Also power consumption curves in general tend to rise faster than processing power curve; we'd have to compare apples with apples so to speak to really find out which chip would be the most power efficient (IE, a theoretical 1.4-ish Tflop A10X...)

The Apple TV is built on the Apple A10X SoC, which also features in its iPad and iPad Pro devices. Inside this SoC is a customised version of the PowerVR Series 7XT chip – a GT7600. Not only does this ensure that everything looks clean and crisp at 4K but it also helps make the box a great choice for gaming. Here you can find 15 great gaming titles available on tvOS, demonstrating how thanks to PowerVR the latest Apple TV makes for a very accomplished entertainment platform for the home.
Link

my post from last year
yes Intel will be shitting themselves, 'literally'. As I have written here before, It is inevitable that Apple will be moving to ARM for their laptops, this fanless CPU is within spiting distance of the top of the line intel macbook pro 'fan cooled' cpu's.

speaking of apple predictions, heres one of mine from 2012
What Im proposing is arent different models in the traditional sense eg samsung Y is different from S or whatever.
Im proposing the same specs in all phones (same cpu/gpu/memory/resolution) just different screensize (& perhaps battery)

now will apple patent the idea, since noone could possible think of it
apple should be paying me

Back