Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, PUBG [PC]

Jupiter

Veteran
This PC only game sold 10 million times in 2017 so far and there is still no thread?

It seems very addictive. The daily number of players is huge. Almost everyone I know plays the game each day for months. I remain stubborn because the graphics is too bad for me. A lot of people also play on low settings which brings benefits when locating targets.

Last edited:
I play it ;)
B3D is not really MP central tbh. Most folks here are of older crowd, not looking for these types of games. It's not a graphical powerhouse either.
but PUBG is different from the typical TPS/FPS. It's more strategy weighted than it is twitch shooting.

Definitely some really addictive core gameplay elements in this game.

If my concerns about the graphics would be clarified sometimein the future I would only play the FPS mode. Third person in such a Battle Royale game does not look enjoyable in my opinion. I find it sad that it almost all people I know play it. ^^ No Wildlands, no Battlefield or The Division partys anymore.

In Twitch Streaming it is also very far up.

This is my personal game of the year. I've put in some 40+ hours through out the year, and still haven't wow a game. I suck so bad.

The fact that it builds tension so well and how rewarding kills are (you just know that the person on the receiving end is so pissed) keeps me coming back for more.

This is my personal game of the year. I've put in some 40+ hours through out the year, and still haven't wow a game. I suck so bad.

The fact that it builds tension so well and how rewarding kills are (you just know that the person on the receiving end is so pissed) keeps me coming back for more.
I haven't won a chicken dinner yet either, my buddies have playing pairs, but when we do 4 man squads, we just seem to fall apart at the very end. Made it to 2nd last squad several times, with my team, but we always have a pub for a 4th member.

It's a great game, been playing it since it entered EA. It's the simplicity that does it. It just gets intense when the playing area closes in towards the end.

Also they have developed it during EA and they have addressed the most glaring issues as well. FPP changed the game for the better and when vaulting is introduced, it will revolutionize gameplay.

Is there a strategy for the remaining 4 people left on the map? Keep on losing during the face off.
I feel like our team is too trigger happy, relying on a lot of aiming and twitch skills, I think we should spend more time watching and scouting, figure out where the guys are before we start firing.

I don't know which is the correct answer.

Is there a strategy for the remaining 4 people left on the map? Keep on losing during the face off.
I feel like our team is too trigger happy, relying on a lot of aiming and twitch skills, I think we should spend more time watching and scouting, figure out where the guys are before we start firing.

I don't know which is the correct answer.
Are you talking solo or what? In general, if you shoot and you are not using a suppressor, you are basically hoisting a flag saying here am I. Sometimes you gain more by waiting to shoot if you are not guaranteed a kill. If you have a shot, take it but don't be surprised if you miss and the other guy turns around with his 8x Kar98 and headshots you.

In solo, if there are 4 left including you, I would stay low-key if you are not super confident in your aiming abilities. If you are cocky and good you can get the drop on people but it is very circumstantial because of where you are in relation to the blue circle and where it is going to end up. If you are at the very end with 4 players, then the circle will just close up to a point so that is about being stimmed up to your eyeballs and full health because the damage is so high from the blue.

Also movement is imperative, but of course if you are pinned what can you do? Drop nades (smoke isn't always reliable, because it seems it is very client-side), you can snake in the grass but if someone is above you, it is easy to spot someone snaking. Have other people fight it out and then get in there to mop it up.

In duos and squads it is very important to flank. Have someone lay down suppression and then run in defilade to flank the enemy.

In this game every thingis fair I think except of course the stuff that is against the TOS. Camping, crawling, hiding, going full aggro, sniping, guarding the bridges, hogging the circle, staying in a vehicle which has tipped over. There are pros and cons to every strategy.

Are you talking solo or what? In general, if you shoot and you are not using a suppressor, you are basically hoisting a flag saying here am I. Sometimes you gain more by waiting to shoot if you are not guaranteed a kill. If you have a shot, take it but don't be surprised if you miss and the other guy turns around with his 8x Kar98 and headshots you.

In solo, if there are 4 left including you, I would stay low-key if you are not super confident in your aiming abilities. If you are cocky and good you can get the drop on people but it is very circumstantial because of where you are in relation to the blue circle and where it is going to end up. If you are at the very end with 4 players, then the circle will just close up to a point so that is about being stimmed up to your eyeballs and full health because the damage is so high from the blue.

Also movement is imperative, but of course if you are pinned what can you do? Drop nades (smoke isn't always reliable, because it seems it is very client-side), you can snake in the grass but if someone is above you, it is easy to spot someone snaking. Have other people fight it out and then get in there to mop it up.

In duos and squads it is very important to flank. Have someone lay down suppression and then run in defilade to flank the enemy.

In this game every thingis fair I think except of course the stuff that is against the TOS. Camping, crawling, hiding, going full aggro, sniping, guarding the bridges, hogging the circle, staying in a vehicle which has tipped over. There are pros and cons to every strategy.
I've been doing mainly squads, but yea, I should do more solo play. My scavenging really sux, I never feel really prepped for the end game. Usually lacking armor/health kits of some sort. Do you have a general strat for beginning to mid game? I'm usually not in a lot of fire fights at the moment.

I've been doing mainly squads, but yea, I should do more solo play. My scavenging really sux, I never feel really prepped for the end game. Usually lacking armor/health kits of some sort. Do you have a general strat for beginning to mid game? I'm usually not in a lot of fire fights at the moment.
General strat is go somewhere there is enough for the amount of players to get armed with at least a shotgun or smg or something. If solo, that is almost anywhere with a yellow spot on the map.

In duos there are some places you can't drop because there will just not be enough to loot.

In squads we are usually a bit more daring because 4 people with pistols can take on a full squad where only 2 have pistols, if you get my drift. As soon as we have something and we have dropped in a dangerous spot, we go on the hunt just because the faster we get the other people there, the less chance they have to find heavier guns.

The thing to remember, if you are perennially understocked, you should engage. Looting enemies is a great source of equipment unless it is at the very beginning. What's the worst thing that can happen? You die and then you queue again for a new server. They loot you and you didn't have anything good.

This one time in duos, we didn't have anything good. A shotgun each and uzi and smg. We went to the big bridge in the east and camped cars going to the island. We just cleaned up and ended up winning that round from a really bad start.

General strat is go somewhere there is enough for the amount of players to get armed with at least a shotgun or smg or something. If solo, that is almost anywhere with a yellow spot on the map.

In duos there are some places you can't drop because there will just not be enough to loot.

In squads we are usually a bit more daring because 4 people with pistols can take on a full squad where only 2 have pistols, if you get my drift. As soon as we have something and we have dropped in a dangerous spot, we go on the hunt just because the faster we get the other people there, the less chance they have to find heavier guns.

The thing to remember, if you are perennially understocked, you should engage. Looting enemies is a great source of equipment unless it is at the very beginning. What's the worst thing that can happen? You die and then you queue again for a new server. They loot you and you didn't have anything good.

This one time in duos, we didn't have anything good. A shotgun each and uzi and smg. We went to the big bridge in the east and camped cars going to the island. We just cleaned up and ended up winning that round from a really bad start.
I noticed a lot of folks are able to parachute significantly faster than me, or just deploy later. Is there something they are doing that I'm not? Or is it a pure vertical dive to make that happen?

I noticed a lot of folks are able to parachute significantly faster than me, or just deploy later. Is there something they are doing that I'm not? Or is it a pure vertical dive to make that happen?
Depends. If you just want to go straight down fastest possible, look downward and hold w (if you are wasd)

If you want to go furthest, but fastest, look towards the horizon and hold w

If you want to go absolutely furthest, deploy at the earliest possible moment and periodically press w to rock back and forth to gain speed but don't lower altitude too much

Pubg 1.0 has cool 3d replay feature but I want to know if it will use more data if enabled? I only have 50GB a month on my internet so data is a bit of a squeeze.

I've been checking out the PUBG Global Invitation that just started. As an eSport, it's actually quite cool to watch. Once they get past the first circle it's just insane watching the teams vie for position, go through their rotations and adjust to the circle.

Back