• Yes, Already Pre-Ordered Project Scorpio Edition

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • No.

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Yes, Will Pre-Order the Plebeian Edition when it's available

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Yes, eventually but won't PreOrder it.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
Just wondering...

Personally, I purchased (pre-ordered) the Scorpio edition through Amazon. I wasn't planning on it because of my current and future PC builds. But the few games (Killer Instinct, Gears of War, etc...) that I want to play are tied to Windows 10 and MS storefront on the PC. I can deal with it being tied to a game console, but not so much my PC, that houses thousands of Steam games running perfectly (close to perfectly) on Win-8.

I cast my lot in with an upgraded Windows machine last year, figuring there was a very good chance Microsoft would bring more Xbox exclusives to Windows and bet right. Had I not gone WIntelPC I'd have no hesitation of getting an XOX.

Slightly adjusted the poll to allow for eventual normal edition pre-orders and also for buying but not pre-ordering.

Not totally convinced it'll be worth it without a 4k tv, but if a lot of games start showing up with 60fps modes ... then maybe.

no because i think it's too late, for me, i'm ready for 3 years cycles/refeshes, but i already bought the pro and PSVR last year, so 800€, if it had been released at the same time as the pro i may have bought it instead.
might buy one next year if i was sure next gen consoles are still a few years away.

Not totally convinced it'll be worth it without a 4k tv, but if a lot of games start showing up with 60fps modes ... then maybe.

Are you talking 4K/60p or 1080/60p gaming? I don't see many native 4K/60p current-tech games happening in XB0X future. 1080/60p gaming I can see happening more than anything.

I pre-ordered. i tumbled with the idea for a long time @BadTB25 can attest to that lol.
The biggest issue being that i have a perfectly competent PC with gsync (I already dolled out $670 for my 1070 why do it again for fun?), with the same performance footprint As Scorpio (probably higher, hard to account for software optimization though).

But the other issues being that I'm older now, my PC is no longer beside my bed, but instead downstairs in a cold dank basement, and a lot of my gaming buddies are on Xbox playing.

So I guess I'll play on both lol. Undoubtedly, my PC will become my RTS/MMO/ > want > 60fps type of machine.

Last edited:
Moving soon and have other man-cave needs to prioritize. My monitors are crapping out on me and I need a new PC.

I wish the 1X and X1 were dual voltage. I know for sure the X1 isn't, but not sure about the XB1X.

I think I'd actual prefer to put money into a new display than into a new console right now. I think I'd be happier watching 4k HDR Netflix than getting a gaming upgrade. Sounds like the apps on some of the new tvs are very good.

I will get one but it might not be for awhile. $300 is about my limit for a new console. Maybe late 2018 or early 2019. Maybe I would have gotten one this year if it wasn't for needing a new console to replace my fat's Blu-ray drive earlier in the year. @ $200 I think the XB1S was the smarter buy this year. Maybe in 2019 I will finally go for a 65"+ 4K TV. My 55" LG is doing quite well so far.

Tommy McClain

I might buy one whenever some porcine creature spontaneously evolves functional wings.

Otherwise my home theater is cluttered enough with my gaming PC, ps3, ps4 pro, Wii, WiiU, AV receiver, two sub amps, parametric EQ, networking stuff, UPS for the projector, and charging/storing space for the million different controllers and gimmicks. Cables... cables everywhere.

A new GPU for my HTPC might be a better investment, if any PC-only games justify it. I might throw away my wiiu, since 99% of my "nintendo time" remained gamecube and wii games. Worst impulse purchase I ever made. Maybe Switch will be better I don't know.

Also I hate microsoft because of my work, so there's an emotional barrier right there. :runaway:

No need for xbox. Microsoft is kind enough to support pc well enough to make xbox obsolete for casual gaming. It's not like I have to get to play every single game out there. Consequently I recently gave my ps4 away as I just don't game enough to warrant multiple systems.

Otherwise my home theater is cluttered enough with my gaming PC, ps3, ps4 pro, Wii, WiiU, AV receiver, two sub amps, parametric EQ, networking stuff, UPS for the projector, and charging/storing space for the million different controllers and gimmicks. Cables... cables everywhere.

Honest question, why do you have Wii and WiiU, doesn't the WiiU have complete BC for Wii games? Can't it handle GC too?

Back