Star Wars Battlefront 2 (SW:BF2)

Got a closed Alpha invite for the PC version where people can already test it.

EDIT:

Played it on PC and it could look a lot better if DICE would:
-remove chormatic aberration
-remove vignetting
-remove film grain
-remove moire effect
-increase general shadow distance and close up shadow distance
-enable higher draw distance
-decrease visible pop ups

The game looks even more blurry than Uncharted 4 which has an extreme amount of film grain..

Last edited:
I dont have time to translate my opinion manually (auto translated text with minimal manual correction)

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II is awesome!

My current play time is between 9 and 10 hours.

Already at the start it is noticeable that the general feeling is neither a BATTLEFRONT I nor a Battlefield 1. I like the weapon handling very well and it is no longer like BATTLEFRONT I where the accuracy of the weapons is much higher when walking. In BATTLEFRONT 1 I can always go to the left and right when shooting so that the enemy hits me badly and the weapon hit exactly where I am going. In BATTLEFRONT II accuracy is reduced.

Grenade hail is still present but greatly reduced by the much longer base charge time of about 42 seconds. Two special classes the Super Battle Droid and the Jump Trooper have rocket launchers.

What I find very good is that the different classes do not stand the same. The sniper class has 100 energy points while the heavy class has 200.

Overall, BATTLEFRONT II is by no means as hectic as BATTLEFRONT I. Even Battlefield 1 is more hectic than BATTLEFRONT II. The heavy class which is my favorite can be played very slowly. This class can activate a shield infront where can be shoot trough. With this one I fought once in Theed City meter by meter slowly in line with others. I like tactical fighting in a city. This tactical and slow approach is excellent! Battelfield 1, however, I find to be mixed and fast.

Because of the selection of the pieces I find the music much better than the first DICE BATTLEFRONT.

The concept in the Battlepoints through various activities like the defense of projectiles with shield, the healing of comrades and the self-healing, I find outstanding! From my point of view BATTLEFRONT II stands out from other DICE games.

On some points, however, Battlepoint is annoying. The player gets battle points through different actions and only when he dies he can use them in the round. Only then he can select additional classes such as a vehicle, SBD, or a hero/rogue like Darth Maul. If the player has 7000 points at the end and can unlock Rey for 5000 points but the class can not unlock because it is occupied, this can be frustrating. As soon as the player has 5000 points at the end of a round he wants to die voluntarily so the points can be redeemed. The majority of the players have the most points towards the end of the round. Here the crowds are the highest during the beginning hardly one creates many points. If someone has 5000 points the motivation to aim for the objectives declines when the team almost wins. Finally, he could unleash Rey. When the round is over the player always starts at 0 Battlepoints. The system should consider it and half of the points may be taken to the next round. It is also important that the player can move back to change the class. For example, it would be useful for him to hold down a key for 15 seconds to use the class. This would be a better alternative to dying.

In addition, only the best players usually get the popular game characters like Rey, Darth Maul etc. However in BATTLEFRONT I this was random because a Token appeared somewhere on the map. For a N00b the probability is low that he can get characters like Rey.

As a vehicle player in games like Battlefield or BATTLEFRONT 1 I get vehicles only rarely in BATTLEFRONT II. In BATTLEFRONT and Battlefield 1, however, I can get some if I want it.

Each time the player spwans with different players and that every time he dies. This is especially disturbing when the officer class which promotes teamplay is selected. If the group members are dead he can not upgrade their abilities and which they can particularly reinforce. The player is only together for one life with the same people.

Unfortunately it is not an early access otherwise I would buy it and play so long until the final version comes. I'll find it a pity when the alpha is over.

Last edited:
I don't know why they bother with photogrammetry when they fuck all the tones with their awful color grading anyways.

Would it be too much to ask for Dice to include a decent chunk of gameplay footage instead of "In Engine footage" in their trailers? Still waiting on HDR support too.

One minute into the video shows how stupid they're going with their artistic liberties. Yoda flying a star-fighter?! There's no way his feet would reach the pedals!
lol, had no idea these things require pedals. Seriously though it is time for new gameplay. They haven't shown any besides E3. If the 3rd person view works well I might be in. Then again they are probably already working on the next one which will be a step closer to their final vision.

How the colors should look:

That's a very different lighting setup. In the movie it is like sunset, in the game video more like midday lighting Thus the movie's reddish tint.
If those are realistic lightings in space, that's a different matter.

That's a very different lighting setup. In the movie it is like sunset, in the game video more like midday lighting Thus the movie's reddish tint.
If those are realistic lightings in space, that's a different matter.
It's not about the lighting but the lack of excessive color grading. Blue looks blue, green looks green, red looks red, yellow looks yellow, all in the same shot. It all looks natural instead of the instagram look of modern films and games full of annoying color filters.

New gameplay videos (beta) featuring different modes are getting released. If I had to bet PC only gameplay so far but it looks just beautiful. I also like smaller details like storm stroopers collecting dirt on their white suite. Pretty cool. One negative thing that caught my eyes is that Naboo looked bit empty in galactic assault mode even while traversing with ground vehicles (Yeah doesn't really look like a Battlefront).I don't understand why they went 20v20 with larger maps like that Battlefields 32v32 may have been a better option.

Back