Visceral's Star Wars (totally not 1313)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13524
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13524

Rumors and/or leaks are up for that game.

SDjMvLQ.jpg

It seems to be set between Ep. IV A New Hope and Ep. V Empire Strikes Back, and the main character is a mercenary/smuggler portrayed by Todd Stashwick (who is also a writer for the game).

This is what the rest of the article says, though be careful because it may be too spoiler-ish:

I recently heard a few interesting things about the main hero of “Project Ragtag” aka Amy Hennig’s Visceral Star Wars game. The story for the game as I’ve heard it sounds very complex and practically film quality in totality. The hero’s connection to the main story is strong and the structure is pretty tight overall. The story takes place after A New Hope and just before The Empire Strikes Back.

We’ve been told that Todd Stashwick (12 Monkeys, The Riches, the Originals, Supernatural, Gotham and writer of Visceral’s Star Wars game) is playing “Dodger.” Dodger isn’t his real name. He was forced into the criminal underworld when he “dodged” the draft into Imperial service, leaving home on very bad terms. When he decided to run he became wanted by the Empire and basically went into hiding in the seedy underbelly of the galaxy. He learned to be charming and how to talk fast. However, his life got a lot worse after the destruction of his home world of Alderaan and he found himself on a wanted “survivors list” held by the Empire (a story idea which popped up in Marvel’s Leia comic series).

When the Rebels blew up the Death Star, the Empire focused its retribution towards the outer rim where the “terrorists” that blew up the battle station originated from. This is bad for Dodger but also gives him opportunities to make money. The Empire’s new involvement with the outer rim shakes up the criminal underworld in interesting and threatening ways to Dodger and his compatriots. Friends begin to turn on one another and criminals become heroes willing to aid the rebels for the first time.

Dodger is thrust into the story when he has the opportunity to work for Jabba the Hutt (more on that in a future update). The job will give Dodger the money he needs to buy himself off the list of Alderaanian survivors via corrupt Imperials. In the process Dodger finds something terrifying about what the Empire wants to do with the weapon that hits close to home and forces him to confront his past and the destruction of his home-world head on.

Dodger is completely cable of taking care of himself and his foes. He’s armed with a light whip/grapple stick and a blaster. His signature move is to activate the light whip/grapple stick and ensnare his enemies with his left hand and then blast them into oblivion with the the pistol in his right hand. There are a lot of variants on these weapons which might mean they just conceptualized a lot of these things or there will be DLC and variants to obtain in game. Either way, he uses his “magic lasso” and his pistol to stop his enemies cold.

Dodger and his crew feel really unique overall and I’m happy that we don’t have a Dash Render situation where Dodger is just Han Solo with variations. His backstory and his drive to stop a catastrophe and solve the murder of his mentor makes him a good Star Wars hero. More soon!

Note: All of this information appears to be accurate at the time of this writing. However, due to the nature of games and such minor details could change before release.

I was really expecting a reveal during E3 considering Amy left ND long back and has been on it since, IIRC. Wonder what is the release timeline for this.

Dodger is completely cable of taking care of himself and his foes. He’s armed with a light whip/grapple stick and a blaster. His signature move is to activate the light whip/grapple stick and ensnare his enemies with his left hand and then blast them into oblivion with the the pistol in his right hand.
So Indiana Jones/Han Solo in one character.... Cool.

Cheers

I was really expecting a reveal during E3 considering Amy left ND long back and has been on it since, IIRC. Wonder what is the release timeline for this.
E3 absence makes me think either very late 2018 or 2019. Or even a launch title for 9th-gens.

Back