Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
3HojDVw.jpg
Got to love the use of the stand to make the S look wider (or taller here) when it's widely reported the X is actually wider but thinner.

Panel on Xbox One X. Some devs on there talking about how it is to work with. The gears dev said they had more overhead left at 4K on Xbox One X than at 1080p on Xbox One S.

Which isn't saying much, considering the massive amounts of power you need to make a noticeable onscreen difference...

That and the "30% GPU left over on Forza 4k" convince me more than ever the need for checkerboarding on X1X.

Also about the size pic, cool and all but once again I'm wondering if MS is spending too many dollars on style and being svelte instead of going as cheap as possible. If the X1X was a big box could it have come in at 449 or 399? Again I look to Sony, with PS4 it's mostly not any looker (well the original IMO was pretty nice, but the slim/pro not so much) but it's getting into consumers hand cheap which is what matters IMO.

Got to love the use of the stand to make the S look wider (or taller here) when it's widely reported the X is actually wider but thinner.
the image looks a bit odd...

But a Digital Foundry article mentioned this:

"Side-by-side with the Xbox One S, it's instantly apparent that the new X is actually smaller, despite its enormous increase in performance". The instantly part puzzles me 'cos it is not too apparent.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ox-one-looks-stunning-but-we-need-to-see-more

Here is the final retail scorpio motherboard
The southbridge seems to be absent on the motherboard, perhaps its not attached on yet, perhaps its on the backside near the dense cluster of resistors north of the IR port where there there are 6 holes in a square configuration.

Could the southbridge have been incorporated into the main soc?
Scorpio-Motherboard.png

the image looks a bit odd...

But a Digital Foundry article mentioned this:

"Side-by-side with the Xbox One S, it's instantly apparent that the new X is actually smaller, despite its enormous increase in performance". The instantly part puzzles me 'cos it is not too apparent.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ox-one-looks-stunning-but-we-need-to-see-more

smaller but still wider, motherboard shots and measurements derived from USB ports confirmed a wider motherboard which would almost certainly need a wider shell so this was always suspected and here is the proof.

xbox-one-x-e3-2017-7857-022.jpg

Microsoft has already said on Sunday that the X is only 2% smaller in volume compared to the S.

This was kind of my original point, the side by side shot a few posts back used the Xbox one S stand and makes the difference seem far more pronounced.

What's the 2nd button on the bottom left(laying horizontal)? The other button on the bottom right is the controller sync button. Supposedly it's for Bluetooth?

Tommy McClain

It actually kind of sucks the Xbox One X does not have the formality of FCC approval yet, as such you cannot preorder it officially anywhere. It just feels a bit weird. To have a big coming out party and no preorders available.

I think a lot of people myself included would preorder right now (just to be safe) if they could. But, you have a bunch of people waiting around instead. Some theoretically might even lose interest.

I think it's even worse. The more news that comes out for Scorpio the harder it will
Be likely to secure that pre-order. I think if they allow for trade ins, that's where things will get crazy.

Most wished for on amazon is unrelated to preorders or sales. A new product being added will get the most clicks during that period. The only button available being "add to wishlist" which is a way to get notified when it's stock or when preorders started.

You see things appear there whenever there's a stock depleted.

It actually kind of sucks the Xbox One X does not have the formality of FCC approval yet, as such you cannot preorder it officially anywhere. It just feels a bit weird. To have a big coming out party and no preorders available.
I don't think that's the issue. Most retailers won't open pre-orders until they know what stock they are getting, otherwise they can't offer that all-important Day One delivery.

I don't think that's the issue. Most retailers won't open pre-orders until they know what stock they are getting, otherwise they can't offer that all-important Day One delivery.

That may also be an issue, but it's absolutely true that they can't sell the product, even as a pre-order, until it gets FCC approval. That's why the FCC listing is so often how we first find out about a product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back