Minecraft, Rocket League, Fortnite, etc CrossPlay on every Platform but Sony because...

iroboto

Daft Funk
Legend
Supporter
Changing it after seeing what Sony has shown.

C-

Cons:
- Lost opportunity
Cross Platform Minecraft is the most massive reveal we've had in ages, even though a majority of us here at B3D don't care for it. It's quite possibly the biggest announcement they've made at any conference.

I'm a little shocked that everyone is just shrugging it off like it's nothing.
This game has just been upgraded to support W10, 1S, 1X, Switch, and mobile into a single universe.
If that isn't ground breaking for a game _ any game _ and many have tried, I don't what is.
Graphics happen all the time. Stories happen all the time. Rehashes happen all the time.

When was the last time a Nintendo, iphone, android, xbox and windows players all played together?

They managed to get through all business hoops to make this happen. Just consider the landmark made here.
This is the first title, ideally the first of many that go this route.

Cross Platform Minecraft is the most massive reveal we've had in ages, even though a majority of us here at B3D don't care for it. It's quite possibly the biggest announcement they've made at any conference.

I'm a little shocked that everyone is just shrugging it off like it's nothing.
This game has just been upgraded to support W10, 1S, 1X, Switch, and mobile into a single universe.
If that isn't ground breaking for a game _ any game _ and many have tried, I don't what is.
Graphics happen all the time. Stories happen all the time. Rehashes happen all the time.

When was the last time a Nintendo, iphone, android, xbox and windows players all played together?

They managed to get through all business hoops to make this happen. Just consider the landmark made here.
This is the first title, ideally the first of many that go this route.

Sony didn´t want to party then??

Sony have had more cross-platform games to date believe, so that seems less reasonable than the other way round. But more likely its technical hurdles between two disparate systems.

Sony have had more cross-platform games to date believe, so that seems less reasonable than the other way round. But more likely its technical hurdles between two disparate systems.

But with the massive lead this gen, I´m not so sure if it´s just a technical matter.

I remember an article were Rocket League dev noted that sony was the last hurdle to complete cross-play between all the systems

anyway, so off topic

I know PSN gets a bad rap but really ... ;)

Rocket league goes pc to either console and I believe Microsoft OKed it against other consoles when they relaxed the Xbox outside live connectivity but Sony went quite. They were keen in the PS3 era up until Microsoft agreed it seems.

Rocket League just launched on Nintendo swtich, and they claimed cross platform play. The platforms have not yet been identified, but it doesn't bode well if we see a repeat here.

edit:
Online Multiplayer supports up to eight players, and Cross-Network play will be supported as well, allowing Switch players to hit the field with players on Steam and Xbox One.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390804

Last edited:
Phil was asked about this in the Eurogamer interview:

Minecraft - cross-platform play is brilliant, but it's not with PlayStation.

Phil Spencer: Yeah, you have to talk to them about that.

Did you ask them?

Phil Spencer: We want Minecraft to be playable on all platforms with cross-play. I'm committed to that. Our relationship with Nintendo has been great. But you'll have to ask them. The team has done a nice job supporting Minecraft on PlayStation platforms pre us owning it, post us owning it. I like the fact it's there. I think the connected world of Minecraft we're building, I'd love to be able to bring it to all consoles."

Someone needs to get onto Sony and confront them with the idea they're console-racist.

Bruh. Naw. Stopping the console on console violence.
Violence-a.png

So to protect the kiddies from foul-mouthed XBox Minecraft players (are MS's Minecraft players adults, or just a lower class of kid?), Sony are walling off their garden. Maybe the only reason Nintendo are on board is they don't understand online, have never used voice chat in their lives, and don't know how potty-mouthed the average XB owner is?

:???:

Last edited:
Does the crossplay even support voice chat apart from Xbox Live?

Last edited:
Back