The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2017 edition

We'll have to agree to disagree.
Sony PlayStation: for the haters

J/k we all have our own taste but for me the production values were very high for many of the titles. There are a couple games that didn't appeal to me like Monster Hunter and the Final Fantasy fishing game also the VR showcase seemed a bit lacking. I would have liked another 10 or 15 minutes but so far this conference has held my attention and I can't say that about any other conferences.

When you say "looks amazing" are you speaking of only graphics or of gameplay?

Kratos: Babysitter gameplay just looked awkward and a bit weird..
Eh, I doubt there's going to be a lot of handholding/babysitting in the game... that's not all I took from the trailer.
To me, it looks like a more story driven, cinematic God of War. The combat also looked great.

Sony PlayStation: for the haters

J/k we all have our own taste but for me the production values were very high for many of the titles. There are a couple games that didn't appeal to me like Monster Hunter and the Final Fantasy fishing game also the VR showcase seemed a bit lacking. I would have liked another 10 or 15 minutes but so far this conference has held my attention and I can't say that about any other conferences.
Yeah I don't have much interest in VR, so I kind of just tuned out during that moment. But I think PS fans were mostly happy with the games shown.

Again, I'm not saying the conference was great, just that I thought it was better than MS' conference.

This maybe for a different topic ...but are we gamers wanting "more and more" different game mechanics that haven't been touched yet, or discovered? I'm all for eye-candy like any other tech-junky, however, during the passing years the eye-candy shock is wearing thin. I'm looking for something different, which I overly-thought VR would accomplish, but I was wrong. The brain is craving more than eye-candy now... :sleep:

I can't speak for others, but graphics has always been an added bonus for me. Good graphics mean more satisfying bonus.

But the gameplay was always the most important thing. So far the best game of 2017 for me is Dead Cells, really good pixel art, but nothing earth shattering.

My top 10 games don't even have a game that would be considered graphically ground breaking.

Looking at this generation, so far, most of the "best looking" games have been really shitty games. The Order 1886, for example. Ryse was mediocre. Killzone: SF was mediocre. Horizon: ZD was actually the first this generation, IMO, to break the mold of GREAT Graphics = meh gameplay as it was actually good. Not counting GTA V since it's a last gen game with just updated graphics. Oh, I guess Witcher 3 is also there, although I never finished it (I don't particularly like open world games).

Regards,
SB

Yeah I don't have much interest in VR, so I kind of just tuned out during that moment. But I think PS fans were mostly happy with the games shown.

Again, I'm not saying the conference was great, just that I thought it was better than MS' conference.
Sony didn't show enough games but what they did show looked good.

Shadow of Colossus kinda rubs me the wrong way because this is a threepeat but then again it's the model Nintendo has been living off of for ever.

Oh, Destiny didn't really show much. Sort of a let down considering the main bad guy design looked like a big step backwards.

I think maybe two games were coming out in 2017. There were no HUDs, these were simply trailers... Sony failed utterly with this conference. SONY may have 2018 on fire but since we don't know when those games will drop the next E3 will be the battle royale.

For my money, Sony at most tied Xbox but with only like two games releasing this year... was just as bad as x1x releasing at $499.

Sony didn't show enough games but what they did show looked good.

Shadow of Colossus kinda rubs me the wrong way because this is a threepeat but then again it's the model Nintendo has been living off of for ever.
Yeah they made some odd choices. They showed off quite a few games and trailers (GTS, Ni No Kuni, Until Dawn team's game etc.,) in the pre-show. They didn't even save the FF Dissidia announcement for the stage.

It's what I expected as I hinted previously, most of the AAA exclusives coming out this year and early next year are already known (or expected). Many were left out of the conference, which is surprising.

Not much interested in days gone unless there is some indication it won't be that worn out theme (will wait for reviews). But I'm much more interested in spiderman than I was before. Many many new vr games look very cool. Detroit should be fucking great it's my most anticipated game, I expect a masterpiece. I'm obviously buying the uncharted and horizon dlcs at launch. I'm also buying GT Sports, SotC remake, knack 2 (yes, I like knack, shut up).

Did anyone expect any price drop from Sony after MS shot themselves in the foot at 499? I was hoping for a price war and it won't happen if MS doesn't even try, Sony have zero reason to drop the price now.

The major negative is that it was really too short. Felt rushed. Known games missing. :no:

I wasnt impressed with Sony's show. Sure God of war is a must buy and Spiderman looks interesting but seems really subdued for a insomniac game.

No Last of us 2 and no surprise original exclusive games. It was really short compared to MS show and the audience seemed to be in a trance with hardly any reaction.

They spent to much time on DLC for existing titles and the trailer for Detroit was super long and boring. No surprises for 1st party from either MS or Sony this year.

Glad i didn't stay up to watch it. I've been watching some videos. SOTC, Spiderman and GOW looked pretty good. The rest is meh. After last E3 and PS meeting they ran out of juice. Nothing new to show.Maybe they should time better their unveils.

Worst E3 in the last 4 years.

Did not watch this one either, just read comments.
But Sony get better grades for showing a bit more from already revealed titles, than ms did for showing new hardware. That surprises me.

Did not watch this one either, just read comments.
But Sony get better grades for showing a bit more from already revealed titles, than ms did for showing new hardware. That surprises me.
Who cares about hardware without games to show it off?
PS4 exclusives look way better than anything MS outputs on xbx.

Sony's games show real investment . It is kind of disturbing that they won't have not even one big game for another holiday season though. Ms needed to show huge, big budget, games with dazzling graphics to sell their 500$ console and they failed miserably . Sony's show was bad, ms' was a debacle, so unbelievably horrible that goes beyond words.

It was an okay conference, nothing too surprising. More trailers than actual gameplay which I wasn't a big fan of. Also, no Bloodborne, I guess Fromsoft is truly done with soulsborne games :neutral:
Stop it ! you are going to jinx it !

Have faith. The hunter will return. You can't kill what is already dead. :yep2:

Back