The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2017 edition

Very disappointing conference.
C-
Crowd wasn't even into it. Instead of take a breath, he should of said wake the hell up!

Wasn't as good as I was hoping (it was short!) but I disagree... they had a much better showing of games IMO.

But both of the exclusive games that were good were shown before. This was nothing new at all that was engaging.

Though I might agree with your grading differential, if one was a C- the Other was a C. If one was a C+ then the other a B-.

Don't want to turn this into a versus thread but much of what MS showed is coming to PlayStation, much of what Sony showed is exclusive to PlayStation. And many of those titles appealed to me both in terms of the artistic direction and game play.

The low light for me was definitely Shadow of the Colossus the remaster of the remaster of the original.

And I love that game. I'm now fully expecting Shadow of the Colossus remaster for PS5. :p

Regards,
SB

I think this E3 has been a bit underwhelming as a whole if I want to be honest.

But both of the exclusive games that were good were shown before. This was nothing new at all that was engaging.
Define good? Detroit, God of War, Spider-Man and Days Gone all looked great.

The only disappointing thing about the conference was the length and lack of surprises. But the showcase of games coming out this year, or early next year, was very strong IMO.

It was nice to see more of these games, as well as release dates.

Last edited:

The only disappointing thing about the conference was the length and lack of surprises. But the showcase of games coming out this year, or early next year, was very strong IMO.

I'm concerned about how long we'll have to wait for some of these titles but in terms of the games Sony highlighted look very good.

I think this E3 has been a bit underwhelming as a whole if I want to be honest.

If you haven't seen it, the UBIsoft conference was actually pretty good. I'd say that was the highlight of this E3, other than the Anthem reveal at the MS conference.

Oh and Metro: Exodus, but then I'm a HUGE fan of 4A Games and the Metro franchise.

Regards,
SB

Everything looked nice from a graphics perspective, that's practically a given today with the console tech. From the perspective of actually wanting to play, only Horizon: Frozen DLC and Days Gone hit the spot.

I saw that (the Ubi conference) but I thought it had too much CGI and less gameplay, seems like people just don't want to show their games this E3, it's all trailers, teasers, CGI etc. :D

At least Days Gone and Spiderman got some sort of demo.

Everything looked nice from a graphics perspective, that's practically a given today with the console tech. From the perspective of actually wanting to play, only Horizon: Frozen DLC and Days Gone hit the spot.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think God of War looks amazing, and Spider-Man was the star of the show.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think God of War looks amazing, and Spider-Man was the star of the show.

When you say "looks amazing" are you speaking of only graphics or of gameplay?

Kratos: Babysitter gameplay just looked awkward and a bit weird..

This maybe for a different topic ...but are we gamers wanting "more and more" different game mechanics that haven't been touched yet, or discovered? I'm all for eye-candy like any other tech-junky, however, during the passing years the eye-candy shock is wearing thin. I'm looking for something different, which I overly-thought VR would accomplish, but I was wrong. The brain is craving more than eye-candy now... :sleep:

Back