Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure 30fps will be the norm on Scorpio because most Xbox One games run @ 30. Now if a developer builds their game from the start with 60 fps in mind (Ex BF1, Forza,Halo5) the Scorpio will handle 60 fps with ease. They built the Scorpio to run most Xbox One titles that hit 1080/900p at full 4k regardless of the titles frame rate. Also the comparison of the Scorpio to the power of the 980ti isn't really valid. They have completely different architecture for one and consoles always punch well above their weight compared to PC parts.
60 fps in most games would be a dream come true on consoles. I am sure though that the users of 1080p displays are in luck and will run their games at 60 fps on Scorpio.

It is that aspect that I think matters to most. Internet speeds, Game mode on our TV's, Ping etc etc can create either advantages or disadvantages. It is going to be a good source of analysis seeing how games featuring unlocked frame rates on the XB1 games compare to the Scorpio version.

Not sure of many multiplayer games running closer to 30fps rather than to 60fps but it is entirely possible we will see a bigger difference than Battlefield 1 on PS4 Pro and PS4. The game isn't so much different but alas I think more people would be vocal and upset if future games were capped at several levels even if this means a smoother experiencing for Xbox One users.

x4fQ15a.jpg

Maybe somebody can estimate the size, is about the only usefulness. Other than it looks clean and compact.
what's the size of his thumb?
i can't think of a time i thought to myself, that chip looks messy. But yea, shinny

thought the chip had Scorpio engine on it, probably misremembering, it's just called that

Additional tweet: if extra 1GB is not used for games then will be used as cache for quicker load times.

doesn't read like that to me but you could be right.
to me it sounds like for example, if game uses 7gb then would be 2gb of ram drive.

do hope this doesn't limit the os to much. Overall system performance is important, but you would think they would take that into consideration

to me it sounds like for example, if game uses 7gb then would be 2gb of ram drive.

do hope this doesn't limit the os to much. Overall system performance is important, but you would think they would take that into consideration
Yup, I reworded my post.

Additional tweet: if all 9GB is not used for games then will be used as cache for quicker load times.

So it seems that no matter what the OS will only use 3GB now...

Makes sense to bring it in line with the 5/3 split of the OG XBO. Asymmetrical OS RAM between the platforms wouldn't make sense.

This is nice though just that in the theory of if PS4/Pro/XBO dedicated every last drop of RAM to games and none to OS (which we know will never come close to happening) they still couldn't catch Scorpio.

Uhh, 3GB seems enough, way more than enough!

Also noticed another tweet seen on Neogaf from a Xbox (maybe Spencer or Greenberg) on twitter that you should expect the show to run longer than the typical 90 minutes this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back