XBox 360 Emulators for the PC

I'd love an original Xbox emulator as I'd love to be able to play some of the original Xbox games (especially Soul Calibur 2) without pulling out my Xbox. Bonus points if it also supports mods for Xbox games like you could do with a compromised Xbox. I have so many skin mods installed for Soul Calibur 2 and DOA 3.

Regards,
SB
nude ones I guess ;)

Microsoft could possibly sell some 360 games on their store for PC, think RDR (360 emulated) exclusive on Windows 10 store... I think it would sell.

now back to reality, nice to see progress with the original Xbox emulator
even the official emulator on the 360 was not very good (poor performance, missing effects), so it's probably not going to be easy to get something on the level of Dolphin and PCSX2.
preferably the emulator could be sold and for those who have the digital copy of a game and since we paid for it, we'd only invest on the emulator.

It would be a good idea to pack both emulators into one. The X360 original Xbox emulator was not perfect, but I managed to complete one of the best games ever, Ninja Gaiden Black using it, without a single issue. In fact I could never believe how I could miss that game in the original Xbox. When I played it on the X360 emulator I got so hooked.

I also got Fable 1 (this one I also missed the original, never got a liking for Fable) and Forza 1 (I had the original in 2005) but all the good memories I had about Forza were gone after seeing it on a HD Ready TV and noticing blocky pixels and ugly textures everywhere, the upscaling looked so bad. Ninja Gaiden Black looked amazing though.

XQEMU, new Xbox emulator which is still wip and very green but looks quite promising.

http://xqemu.com/

XQEMU is a open source, cross-platform emulator for the original Xbox (and Sega Chihiro). It is currently in very early stages of development. XQEMU is built on-top of QEMU.

e95r0z8.png

wRQBjCF.png

K61IMhS.png

Xdab9Wp.png

some major milestones achieved. They used DirectX 12 instead of Vulkan because of some key features that makes emulation possible using DX12.

PS3 emulation video following this one, at least based on what the commentator said.

Last edited:
Finally! The original Red Dead Redemption on PC.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.00 GHz, 32 GB of RAM and a GeForce GTX 1080, API DirectX 12, RDR is running at 30 FPS 1440p. It doesnt seem much, but it is a LOT better than the framerate of the game in RPCS3 (PS3) emulator.

1440p (still love the intro of this game to this day) 3:00 mins mark, obviously the trees and the soil need fixes, but impressive nonetheless

1080p 30 fps stable

Last edited:
Back