Virtual surround on Xbox One with headphones

Thanks for the move to the proper forum.
So my original question remains, will PS4 be able to do this without having to throw resources from the CPU.

Thanks for the move to the proper forum.
So my original question remains, will PS4 be able to do this without having to throw resources from the CPU.

If Sony want, I don't see why they couldn't use the True Audio DSP for this.

yea nice man! yea I've got 2 PSB Image T6 towers here, lol I thought it (PSB) was so rare, I didn't think anyone else would know about them.

Good to hear.
I almost bought those several years ago, but ultimately went with Paradigm Monitor s.7 towers (another CDN speaker company). Still have some (very old) large PSB 800 towers though (dual 8" drivers)... still sound pretty good.

No it is a hardware decoder, thats not all it is but thats its raison d' etre so to speak and there's nothing wrong with that.
It does all the audio mixing. If there was no audio decompression block, it'd still do all the audio mixing. You may as well say the GPU is a graphics hardware decompressor! After all it's just about putting compressed textures on the screen and saving the CPU from the effort.

Windows Sonic now enabled for games in the most recent update. Virtual surround is finally here. Also, the Dolby Atmos app is going to be available, but because of licensing you have to buy it. Not sure on price.

Windows Sonic is available by default in the Windows 10 creators update, so is Dolby Atmos. I listened to both and Atmos sound slightly fuller and better, demos aside, but it is only free for a time, basically a 30 days trial, if you want to have it afterwards you must pay 18€. Windows Sonic is not as good but it sound okay.

Maybe someday soon we will be able to enjoy this new sound technology for the cinema called something 11 (I think it is something like Aural 11, or Aureon 11, or so, but I can't recall).

Windows Sonic is available by default in the Windows 10 creators update, so is Dolby Atmos. I listened to both and Atmos sound slightly fuller and better, demos aside, but it is only free for a time, basically a 30 days trial, if you want to have it afterwards you must pay 18€. Windows Sonic is not as good but it sound okay.

Maybe someday soon we will be able to enjoy this new sound technology for the cinema called something 11 (I think it is something like Aural 11, or Aureon 11, or so, but I can't recall).
This is also now available for XBOX. I may pay if the difference is that massive. Otherwise sonic it is!

It's available now on Xbox?
yes it is.
xb3cp3tyubyy.jpg

Kinda off topic but sine I am a PS4 owner, I have been trying to find anything that points support of ATMOS on PS4, but to my understanding, only XBOX One currently supports it in general. Is this correct?

yes it is.

I don't think so. I searched for it and nothing at all comes up. Some comments in the reddit post you got that image from say the same thing, they cannot get it. I was excited to try it. Maybe the reddit poster is in a preview program or something I don't know.

Seems no solid ETA still.

Edit: Windows Sonic seems like kinda roughly the same thing (slightly lesser, but the gist is the same), free, and available on Xbox One now though. I wasn't aware. will try that tomorrow.

On Xbox One, Windows Sonic capabilities are always available for the consumer, and are enabled via the Settings App -> Audio.
IC868853.png

Last edited:
I don't think so. I searched for it and nothing at all comes up. Some comments in the reddit post you got that image from say the same thing, they cannot get it. I was excited to try it. Maybe the reddit poster is in a preview program or something I don't know.

Seems no solid ETA still.

Edit: Windows Sonic seems like kinda roughly the same thing (slightly lesser, but the gist is the same), free, and available on Xbox One now though. I wasn't aware. will try that tomorrow.

IC868853.png

From what I read it's part of an update. I guess you update first then the app becomes available to download.

Edit: Nope. Updated but no app.

Last edited:
Back