Windows 10 [2014 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 10 Gmail users: These new Mail & Calendar features are coming your way
After syncing the account, Gmail users in Windows 10 Mail and Calendar will begin to see Microsoft's Focused Inbox smart filter, the ability to track travel dates and shipping deliveries, Twitter-style @mentions to grab someone's attention in an email, and themed calendars to keep track of sporting events.

Over the next few weeks Mail and Calendar users in the Windows Insiders program will be prompted to update Gmail account settings when the new features are ready to go.

"To power these new features, we'll ask your permission to sync a copy of your email, calendar, and contacts to the Microsoft Cloud," said Kumar.

"This will allow new features to light up, and changes to update back and forth with Gmail, such as creation, edit or deletion of emails, calendar events and contacts. But your experience in Gmail.com or apps from Google will not change in any way."
http://www.zdnet.com/article/window...w-mail-calendar-features-are-coming-your-way/

Apparently there is a long time problem with NV Optimus and Windows 8/10. Windowed games exhibit a strange diagonal tearing. Some kind of sync problem. Full screen gaming works fine on 10.

Both NV and MS are aware of this behavior. Both have given some run around about fixes in the works. There are some giant threads about it, including one on NV's forum. It seems to affect Pascal hardware too.

Example:
image1.jpg

Last edited:
NV drivers best drivers!
I'm not sure it has anything to do with NV. The NV output is routed through the Intel IGP and it seems the problem is something with the Win8/10 DWM and this mechanism. That DWM has been a source of problems in a variety of situations. Windowed mode works fine on Win7.

Last edited:
116Gb??? Why the fuck is it that big?

PC Master Race has the storage space and demands noncompressed textures for noncompressed pixels and noncompressed sound ... ?

Windows Store is a piece of crap. Why? Because I cannot backup/transfer GoW4 (116 GB!) from my laptop to my PC.

Idiots.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...other-pc/8f33d25f-9513-4c02-b7b6-edfdb05489c3
ugh man, I can feel the pain. Wonder what's your connection speed but mine is 6MB and I am not sure I'd ever re-download the game again except if I left home for a few days since if I was there I could become a statue of salt waiting, so I wouldn't try to download it again..

ugh man, I can feel the pain. Wonder what's your connection speed but mine is 6MB and I am not sure I'd ever re-download the game again except if I left home for a few days since if I was there I could become a statue of salt waiting, so I wouldn't try to download it again..
My connection speed is 32mbit/s, so I need ~10 hours for downloading GoW4. Or 20 hours to download it on my PC and my laptop. And you cannot just look in the WindowsApp folder and copy the GoW4 on your externe HDD and transfer the data to your another PC, because the TrustedInstaller doesn't allow to open the WindowsApps folder, you need a registry "hack".

Three or four weeks ago I bought Doom (2016, PC), it's ~70 GB big. So I downloaded it on my laptop, then I made a backup of the game with Steam on my USB 3.0 HDD and installed the backup on my PC. And I can unistall Doom everytime and install it again from the backup.

Windows Store is a piece of crap. Why? Because I cannot backup/transfer GoW4 (116 GB!) from my laptop to my PC.

Idiots.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...other-pc/8f33d25f-9513-4c02-b7b6-edfdb05489c3
RTFM?

Windows Update Delivery Optimization: FAQ

Windows Update Delivery Optimization lets you get Windows updates and Windows Store apps from sources in addition to Microsoft. This can help you get updates and apps more quickly if you have a limited or unreliable Internet connection. And if you own more than one PC, it can reduce the amount of Internet bandwidth needed to keep all of your PCs up-to-date. Delivery Optimization also sends updates and apps from your PC to other PCs on your local network or PCs on the Internet.

I'll check this tomorrow, if and how it works.

300 Million people now use Windows 10 Daily
Bloomberg did an interview with Microsoft's vice president Yusuf Mehdi, in that interview he announced that over 300 million people use Windows 10 on a daily basis.

It is an interesting fact considering last year Microsoft announced it had 400 million devices active with Windows 10. Though such numbers always are to be taken with a grain of salt, the daily usage however should be fairly accurate.
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/300-million-people-now-use-windows-10-daily,2.html

The question ist: Will Apple pay 30% to Microsoft, when I buy a movie with the iTunes app? :runaway:

An iTunes app could make Windows Store (music, movies, tv shows) obsolete.

I think Apple will now promote Microsoft Office for Mac users.
-------------------------

Last edited:
Pretty enough. That artsy-fartsy design speak made me want to puke, though! TBH what I liked best were the 3D 'icons' - I was hoping we'd see that ported to the interface so where iOs and Android have gone pretty minimal, Windows would go minimal geometry with high-level lighting and shading.

Does Windows have a vector-based drawing interface yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back