Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could sell it as an I'm Even Eliter Edition and charge an extra $50 for it. :p

Weather, Time, Cortana says stuff, chassis temp,

They need to debut Halo 6 at e3, Scorpio version with mind blowing graphics...

At least they've announced renewed focus on Master Chief, great news.

They would be really stupid to sell this to end users with the display. The amount of negativity when some game doesn't keep some fps stable MS+game studios can't afford.

Exactly, dumbest idea in a long time. Edit: because I guess Polygon put up an actual article saying MS should ship the console to consumers with FPS counter.

It does look cool though.

Exactly, dumbest idea in a long time. Edit: because I guess Polygon put up an actual article saying MS should ship the console to consumers with FPS counter.

Halo is an interesting title. Mainly because they've been trying to make an eSport of it. If you release Halo 6, then the population dies for H5 for eSport and everyone i forced to jump on h6.
They could use a big Halo 5 DLC that would focus on single player.

imo, Ryse 2 with mind blowing graphics would get juices flowing. Theres a lot more potential in that title for a good SP experience.
e3 is just around the corner. it's quite the case of the calm before the storm

Halo is an interesting title. Mainly because they've been trying to make an eSport of it. If you release Halo 6, then the population dies for H5 for eSport and everyone i forced to jump on h6.
They could use a big Halo 5 DLC that would focus on single player.

imo, Ryse 2 with mind blowing graphics would get juices flowing. Theres a lot more potential in that title for a good SP experience.
e3 is just around the corner. it's quite the case of the calm before the storm
Ryse 2 with a greatly expanded combat system and maybe some light RPG elements would be great to show of running on Scorpio at E3. Crytek could certainly use the work and extra income from developing an exclusive. I doubt any of this will happen though.

Actually I wouldn't mind a display for things like internal temperature. We just moved into a condo and who ever built that it thought it would be a good ideal to vent the dryer exhaust right between one the bedroom windows and the balcony that leads to the living room. So me and my neighbors have to contend with all of us blowing lint into each other's units.:p

We have to dust mop just about every other day or else the microfiber mop looks like a lint trap after a month of not cleaning out your dryer. Makes me worried about the electronics as it's probably just as bad as having a cat that sleeps on top of your console.

Displaying the percentage of how much battery your controller has left would be welcomed. The low battery message warning given by the Xbox seems to come at the most inopportune for me. A display would allow you to be a bit more proactive without the need to back out to the main menu or require you to check before a gaming session.

It suppose to be a premium console so whatever little things MS can add to create that sense of premium or luxury, I'm all for it as long as it serves a function.

Last edited:
Actually I wouldn't mind a display for things like internal temperature. We just moved into a condo and who ever built that it thought it would be a good ideal to vent the dryer exhaust right between one the bedroom windows and the balcony that leads to the living room. So me and my neighbors have to contend with all of us blowing lint into each other's units.:p

We have to dust mop just about every other day or else the microfiber mop looks like a lint trap after a month of not cleaning out your dryer. Makes me worried about the electronics as it's probably just as bad as having a cat that sleeps on top of your console.

Displaying the percentage of how much battery your controller has left would be welcomed. The low battery message warning given by the Xbox seems to come at the most inopportune for me. A display would allow you to be a bit more proactive without the need to back out to the main menu or require you to check before a gaming session.

It suppose to be a premium console so whatever little things MS can add to create that sense of premium or luxury, I'm all for it as long as it serves a function.

For every use like this they could cut costs and not bother with the screen and just have it available in a smartglass dash

Or also support it as a USB addon for those who want a minidisplay.

Or they could display the frame rate and resolution in the corner of the screen as an option that could be turned off or on.

Ryse 2 with a greatly expanded combat system and maybe some light RPG elements would be great to show of running on Scorpio at E3. Crytek could certainly use the work and extra income from developing an exclusive. I doubt any of this will happen though.
Ryse is a game that I enjoyed a lot. The idea and the setting has enough potential for an excellent sequel.

tumblr_ohj18m7cZh1rn5gv3o1_500.gif

Or can you???

Secret Sauce Confirmed!

I had wondered about this recently. Could video setting make their way to Scorpio?

The console experience is one that is controlled and stable or that is the platform aim, my thought comes from the idea of Scorpio being the premium experience and where games may offer more than just the choice between visual fidelity or better frame rates.
With the inclusion of variable refresh rate if enabled (with a suitable TV) altering the graphical settings would not have the same console experience breaking effect.

I don't see that if included they would go mad but I wonder if vrr makes this more of a possibility of controlled, ie settings between the hard presets of performance or fidelity.

Edit: clarification on performance settings.

Last edited:
Yes, so I was thinking allowing more control than that. Pretty large point I forgot to add; doing this with an unlocked frame rate so you are picking your own performance / fidelity balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back