Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the motherboard is mounted on the top with the component side facing down. Look at the 5 "buttons" below the slot of the Bluray drive versus the Xbox One S teardown...

Exploded_View.jpg

Tommy McClain

Great find, this makes it even more plausible, from the exploded image that puts the blu ray drive in the lower part of the console as per the Dev kit which only leaves the laptop drive above which is quite thin (compared to blu ray drive) and so I think the top section will be thinner than the Dev kit and may indeed be smaller than the S.

Wow that's a great pic! We know the drive is essentially the same just tweaked for the new chassis so similar in size. HDD may be a faster drive since it needs to support 50% faster transfer rates, would that mean 7200 rpm drive? I think overall it'll be a tad wider than the S and a tad shorter. Kinda like an S with lowered suspension and some wider rims/tires =P

Data density increases from going to 1TB may be enough to hit 50% speed increase for contiguous reads. Iirc, denser platters can potentially be more vulnerable to read errors due to vibration, so MS's efforts in vibration management may be smart even with 5400 drive. Certainly, anything that makes read speed reliable across different machines is good.

https://twitter.com/Ross_McDougall/status/856370049761792000

1440p oled inside out 6DOF august for $400

I believe its 1440x1440 per eye and it weights 380g

If this is the base line for Scorpios VR this could really ignite the vr space. This + Fallout 4 VR can push a ton of units
for whatever reason the link is not working for me.

Phil Spencer has talked about a Netflix like service for games.

http://www.businessinsider.com/xbox-chief-phil-spencer-netflix-gaming-2017-4

Other than that, sometimes I think that sometimes Microsoft are jerks. They have a unique position. With your capable Scorpio and 6 Teraflops you can let play in console mode and you have a normal Windows 10 PC mode. A machine for everything.

You leave ballast, break into the PC market with a stomp and for 400-500 € you have the mythical MSX, in this case MSX3.

Are they making.... UNSC Infinity? *cough*

Halo, Gears etc mini figurines too.

Maybe 343i is reviving the Halo blocks idea and then some.

Last edited:
They would be really stupid to sell this to end users with the display. The amount of negativity when some game doesn't keep some fps stable MS+game studios can't afford.

I'm not suggesting for a second i think the retail unit should have it, but the display is fully under the developer control, so can be used to display details other than fps

I'm not suggesting for a second i think the retail unit should have it, but the display is fully under the developer control, so can be used to display details other than fps
sounds like the best case use scenario is to put the time there then lol.

Would make a nice notification display when you get invites or something.

Such a small PM OLED is probably under $10 in large quantities. Just displaying time or whatever would enhance the "premium" look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back