Microsoft Xbox One X Scorpio Price Prediction and Reaction

Predict Scorpio's launch price:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They have to recognize that a penny over $399 will doom it.

Especially when Sony can cut the prices of the PS4 and Pro by the time the Scorpio launches, if necessary.

Don't forget 499.99 is more than 499.

biologists-confirm-foxes-sneakiest-little-fuckers-in-animal-kingdom-14149075.png

They have to recognize that a penny over $399 will doom it.

Especially when Sony can cut the prices of the PS4 and Pro by the time the Scorpio launches, if necessary.

Xbox One Elite was $499 and I think some people thought it was good value, because it had the Elite controller. I think Scorpio would be better value at that price point with or without an Elite controller. I agree that $499 as a lone SKU would be a bad idea and we already saw that with Xbox One at launch, but this a range topping premium SKU and it actually has quite a bit of extra over the standard unit.

But hey I'll take $399 any day :)

People on B3D will pay more.

It's the larger world of people who will balk at paying over $400 that they have to worry about.
and that's pretty much precisely the type of people it's aimed at.
well DF readers etc

Still trying to figure out if Microsoft truly views this as a premium product alongside Xbox One or as a product to attempt to take back market share from Sony.

Was thinking that the fact that it'll be 4 years after the Xbox One/PS4 have come out and that Scorpio will probably be viewed as bigger leap than PS4 Pro was relative to the base models there might be some broader market demand than just a "premium product". A price of $399.99 would definitely tap into/drive demand in that market.

This might be wise if Microsoft wants to take back some of those 360 owners who may have switched and ultimately take back some of the console market in general.

Scorpio is something of a guarantee of some value since it will play multi-platform games better than any other console for the next 3 years so a $100 dollar difference with its nearest Pro competitor will be fine. A fair amount of manufacturing costs are wrapped up maechanics and pairing APUs to motherboards, I bet those costs don't go down as much as you would like later on, besides a good amount of R and D so I am thinking $500 as pretty solid.

Scorpio is something of a guarantee of some value since it will play multi-platform games better than any other console for the next 3 years so a $100 dollar difference with its nearest Pro competitor will be fine. A fair amount of manufacturing costs are wrapped up maechanics and pairing APUs to motherboards, I bet those costs don't go down as much as you would like later on, besides a good amount of R and D so I am thinking $500 as pretty solid.

Well there will always be the exception, also how many people would actually benefit/notice the difference? Again, PS4 still outsells Pro and we're expecting a similar performance difference. I'm just saying the people willing to pay $100 for a 'nice' upgrade (let's face it Pro versions will not be broken) just to 3rd party titles will be small.

It would be nice if MS pushed 4K@30 & 1080@60 on its Scorpio, that would make some hardcore gamers happy at least.

Well there will always be the exception, also how many people would actually benefit/notice the difference? Again, PS4 still outsells Pro and we're expecting a similar performance difference. I'm just saying the people willing to pay $100 for a 'nice' upgrade (let's face it Pro versions will not be broken) just to 3rd party titles will be small.

Agreed to all of this as well. I will say that even if you actually can't tell the difference just knowing that you will STILL be getting better graphics etc or a more Premium Premium experience so to speak, which may sway folks even if they don't know they are being swayed. Of course my 100 isn't someone else's 100. The amount over the XBox One will be interesting and say a lot about the One's Destiny :devilish:

Agreed to all of this as well. I will say that even if you actually can't tell the difference just knowing that you will STILL be getting better graphics etc or a more Premium Premium experience so to speak, which may sway folks even if they don't know they are being swayed. Of course my 100 isn't someone else's 100. The amount over the XBox One will be interesting and say a lot about the One's Destiny :devilish:

lol, yep - I'm one of those sad people - I bought a Pro for the better performance - not that I'll likely see it, I switched the modes on Tomb Raider - no idea so I just stick to the 60fps mode (note I'm a 1080p owner). But yes, I also upgraded to SSD for a quicker load at great expense.

However Scorpio is a bridge too far, XB exclusives don't bother me so I upgraded my PC instead.

It would be nice if MS pushed 4K@30 & 1080@60 on its Scorpio, that would make some hardcore gamers happy at least.

So far the reaction from most h/c folks is positive. We're getting a nice piece of kit here and definitely a powerful machine. Now the price needs to be realistic.

Someone may have brought this up earlier. I think there is the possibility of MS dropping the xbox one S price along side the Scorpio price announcement.

Especially since Phil excpects to sell a lot more S models in the future. The One S could drop to $249.99(1tb) or even $199.99(500gb) permanently. If this happens I could see the Scorpio having skews ranging from $399 to $499.

If I had to put money on the Scorpio launch price I would go with $399.

I think that $349 with a 500gb HD would be the best business decision to help grow the install base though.

If I had to put money on the Scorpio launch price I would go with $399.
You as a customer or as a Microsoft shareholder? It's amazing how customer and shareholder views conflict! But I agree that it would be an ideal time to lower the cost of the Xbox One S. :yep2:

You as a customer or as a Microsoft shareholder? It's amazing how customer and shareholder views conflict! But I agree that it would be an ideal time to lower the cost of the Xbox One S. :yep2:
"If I had to put money on" meaning if I had to place a bet.

If MS thinks the reception for Scorpio would be more enthusiastic, with greater preorder demand, then they'd try to push the price.

Otherwise, they have to think $399 is the market price for any new console at this point in time.

Back