What are you playing now? (console edition) [2011 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Nintendo selling Snes games in the 3DS Estore? I know they do for the Wii(U). Then again, they probably don't even offer it in your country. You're in India, right? Everything you'd expect to be convenient and easy is a goddamn nightmare when in comes to Nintendo.

So I played some Link to the Past via a emulator on the vita and ended up losing my save but boy the game is so good ! No wonder ppl fell head over heels for Zelda series. man, if I had played this stuff in my childhood too I would also be dissappointed by the progression games have made from then to now ! I mean, if games could feel like this with that hardware then why did everything turn into a handheld spoonfeeding festival later?
Cant wait for my 2ds now though Link to past wont work without a R4 card, I guess as its a snes title. Or am I wrong? Getting an R4 card for older games is going to be another major hurdle for me, boy nothing related to Nintendo is easy here -_- ! ANd add to that I just realised the seller hasn't even shipped my 2ds yet :cry:
You could buy a SNES and play the game on the original hardware. Still a great way to play this masterpiece IMO.

Yay ! So I cancelled my order for the 2ds as the seller was anyways not shipping it after 5 days and now I am buying a used 3ds xl from a local forum guy ! Good part is that it has a R4 card and gateway thing with it so the whole drought of Nintendo games in my country shouldn't matter ! I shall have my Zelda now, from the oldest to the newest !
Now I have to find ways to sell off the games I had already bought for the 2ds [emoji14] !
So @Sigfried1977 ur review of the stereo3d was a major push which made me spend more and get a 3ds instead. The R4 and gateway card is just a stroke of luck that happened.
Now the wait begins again and hoping this old 3ds xl holds for long in my hands !

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

The original 3ds models cannot play the snes virtual console games from the eshop. They require the "new" 3ds hardware because the original wasn't fast enough to emulate the snes.

I specifically said "new 3DS", though (the older models don't have eye tracking). So don't you camplain about it later ;)
He he...thats not happening. Beggars can't be choosers in my situation here. I am just happy now I will have a 3ds XL with access to all games hopefully. That in itself is a huge achievement that I managed it without travelling to US .
Like I said my eyes don't really feel happy watching stereo 3d , at least I will get to see how glass less 3d feels like to me.
If my eyes feel fine playing link between worlds in 3d, I might upgrade to the "new" 3ds next year or so. :) it will only get cheaper and I will know if I even care about this handheld enough to spend even more.

I played Zelda on the original NES back in high school but wasn't until my early 20's that I fell in love with Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX on the Gameboy Color. It was the only game I played on that system. Man that was an awesome game.

Tommy McClain
Yep. In the future books will be written about this game. Truely epic. :yep2:

Thinking Nintendo never even tried to remaster / re-imagine this game on a modern hardware*. :nope:

*displaying more than 56 colors simultaneously on screen

Finished Nier: Automata. Really cool game, but certainly not without its problems. The rpg aspect is completely superfluous. You level up. You get more HP. You become stronger. That's it. No choices. Nothing. And since enemies level up with you, the changes in numbers become utterly meaningless anyway. The actual character upgrades have nothing to do with your level. You have a limited amount of space to cram certain attribute enhancing chips into, and you expand that space buy purchasing upgrades at a shop. The chips themselves are being sold by shopkeepers, dropped by enemies, or rewarded by completing quests. The chips are also way too powerful. You'll quickly find some that restore health when dealing damage, as well as some that do so by killing enemies. You can pretty much say bye, bye to the game over screen at that point. The combat itself is fun and looks flashy, but it's also extremely shallow. Too shallow to remain engaging over the course of a 30-40 hour campaign. This is no Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising. I'd argue that even Transformers had more depth in that regard.
Where Nier shines is in its storytelling. The game is joining Doom 2016, The Last Guardian, and the Souls games as another one of the very few titles in which the medium video games is actually an essential story telling component. It's also one hell of a surprising game. Not so much in terms of its plot twists (you can see those coming from miles away), but in terms of the outlandish scenarios you'll repeatedly find yourself in. The writing is also incredibly sharp. Oh, and lest I forget, Nier Automata has what can only be described as a God Tier soundtrack.

SO got the 3ds, first bad deal of my life: the damn main screen is full of scratches and the guy refuses to take it back -_- ! ig uess never buying a used product again. The damn scratches float over the 3d image when i turn the 3d on. on 2d they are manageable.

Anyways, have to live with it now, goddamnnit though, he was supposed to be a trusted guy. I should have just bought that cute little 2ds. But whats done is done. I just hope the scratches dont interfere too much in my games.

First impressions: what a shitty device :p ! :LOL: I mean the damn 3d screen has suge huge pixels that u can see each and every one of them making the 3d objects have sharp cutting edges! Whatever its a repeat of my first experience with VR, could unsee those dmaned pixels for weeks !
3d looks good and is enjoyable but after I had played 30 mins of Super Mario and Zelda:ALBW my daughter looked at me and said "Pa! Your eyes are all red ! " Its pretty but damn tiring to me. Switching to 2d makes th emagic go away but I instantly feel as if my eyes are cooling down or something. Such a relief ! So, I guess that 3d slider is going to stay all the way down for the sake of actually playing the games and not just oggling at the 3d effect. Zelda does make good use of it though. Firs time I entered the dark area, the 3d looked so cool. Doesn't look that cool to me in fully lit areas but objects look really palpable when underlit in stereo!
But it makes me so tired. ...and anyways those scratches float on the damned screen :( !
So, 3d off and I am enjoying Super MArio 3d land actually ! Considering I have never liked any of the side scrolling Mario, I am surprised I like running around here.
Looking forward to my time with Zelda.
But can't shake off the bad taste of a bad deal. Could have had a brand new 2ds. Well, life is strange ! Atleast I got a bigger screena nd access to all zeldas, even if they will always appear scratched !

Is there no easy way of replacing the screen because of nonstandard 3d display and size and resolution?

Sorry, man. That's quite a bummer. As for the pixel size: it's why I specifically went for a new3DS and not the new3DS XL. Thankfully we actually have that option in Europe. I think in the US it's new3DS XL or nothing.

Sorry, man. That's quite a bummer. As for the pixel size: it's why I specifically went for a new3DS and not the new3DS XL. Thankfully we actually have that option in Europe. I think in the US it's new3DS XL or nothing.

Well one doesnt know until one sees. I didnt know the pixel density was so low ! ALthough I feel like selling it off whatever it sells and ordering a 2ds again, now I do feel that its display might feel too small after having played on the 3ds XL. OTOH I feel it will have tighter smaller pixels so actually might feel better. HAvent been able to take a decision yet. 3d is so jarring with those shimmering pixels.
Anyways, played some Ocarina of Time finally and boy yes, this game is good ! :)

It feels strange that I feel cramps after playing on the xl. Never expected that from a company making the maximum selling handhelds. I know millions of hand sizes out there but never had such problems with either the psp or the vita ever. My hands get very uncomfortable over the xl. The shoulder buttons do not let me wrap my hands around it properly. Doesn't matter in Mario as it doesn't use the shoulder buttons but zelda requires me to press them and that makes my hands very uncomfortable.
Kind of strange.

I finished Kingdoms of Amalur yesterday.
I think my days of 40+ hour games are behind me. It's a fine game, but I just kept wanting it to be over.

I am enjoying Ocarina of time , albiet with thumb and finger cramps, wow nintendo, why?

Loving the game and surprised how it doesn't feel old at all ! I was expecting it to feel archaic at this point of time but it feels smooth and intuitive like a new game and there are surprises in almost all interactions which bring that rare charm into a game. I mean floating with chickens was awesome and then realising there is kindof a puzzle to figure out with it, even more awesome !
The game does feel opaque in some stuff like I have no idea what to do to progress mostly and really requires trying out stuff. Whne the stuff is logical u feel awesome ! but the songs that need to be played are sometimes not so logical.
BUt all, in all,except for the cramps in my thumb and ring+little finger of my right hand, I am really enjoying Ocarina of Time.

Instead of buying a PS4 Pro, I bought the Nintendo Switch instead...just to play Zelda, which seems to be right my thing.

Started the game, a couple of hours in...yep, it is great. Seems to also have a super huge world! I like the design...it is great, not so much the constant break of the weapons after a couple of hits.

Overall, seems to be worth the 400 Euros so far :)

Also started Horizon Zero Dawn...dang, what a nice game. Also, quite mysterious world and story...I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back