Sure, we can do a separate one for E3.
So for April maybe we can do Scorpio Hardware Prediction:
CPU Architecture
GPU Architecture
RAM Amount and Speeds
Hard Drive Size and Speed
Secret Sauce (if any)
How BC with Xbox One native programs are handled
perhaps we are going to know more before that?

Rumour has it Scorpio is going to be showcased next week, a journalist said, in a web (Digital Foundry?):

2eWEJkP.jpg

Last edited:
So what would be the exclusive titles that fully showcase the graphical fidelity of the system at launch? I'm skeptical about games like Forza 7, Crackdown 3 or Sea of Thieves while good looking, to be any sort of eye melting showcase title that kills the competition. It needs something like a new Gears of War, Alan Wake or secret new game to steal gamer's heart. Can they brew up a graphics heavy hitter a couple of years before PS5 gets announced?

So what would be the exclusive titles that fully showcase the graphical fidelity of the system at launch? I'm skeptical about games like Forza 7, Crackdown 3 or Sea of Thieves while good looking, to be any sort of eye melting showcase title that kills the competition. It needs something like a new Gears of War, Alan Wake or secret new game to steal gamer's heart. Can they brew up a graphics heavy hitter a couple of years before PS5 gets announced?

Crackdown with its destruction could look very good. Sea of Theives is also a good looking game so that could be amazing too. Forza already looks amazing

Then you have 3rd party games like shadow of war , destiny 2 and so on .

A lot of the games can look good simply by making use of the extra ram that is rumored. If it is 12 gigs and they keep the same 3 gigs of ram for apps you could have 9 gigs for games vs the 4-5 gigs we have now.

I'm also assuming they would have a trailer for 2018 Halo .

Crackdown with its destruction could look very good. Sea of Theives is also a good looking game so that could be amazing too. Forza already looks amazing

Then you have 3rd party games like shadow of war , destiny 2 and so on .

A lot of the games can look good simply by making use of the extra ram that is rumored. If it is 12 gigs and they keep the same 3 gigs of ram for apps you could have 9 gigs for games vs the 4-5 gigs we have now.

I'm also assuming they would have a trailer for 2018 Halo .
Crackdown is a Cloud gimmick, take away the Cloud and what you're left is nothing special. SoT is a MMO and honestly Ass Creed 4 looks much more impressive to me. F7 is still yet to unveil but knowing it's a 60fps game and a possible native 4k, the graphics would be no more than Forza 6 with a little tweaks. Unless they offer a 1080p graphics mode which then would be something to see. I know I'm making some bold claims here but this is how I imagine things gonna go down.

Jez post on neogaf:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233180992&postcount=280

To clarify for all of you beautiful people.

A major outlet visited Microsoft this week to take a look at Scorpio and its specs, using Forza Motorsport 7 as a showcase.

I've had the information about FM7 being a 4K "showcase" for a while, but it wasn't until a friend of a friend of a friend of a writer at this particular outlet (no prizes for guessing who) leaked the big reveal to me that I considered it confirmed. It made previous information I had make more sense, combined with info I got from what's happening with the Forza guys, etc. Expect a deluge of coverage next week.

The fact MS is showing off Forza and Scorpio now potentially bodes well for E3, hopefully they're going to give us a better idea of what their games line-up will look like in 2018 and beyond, but they're prob going to be cautious with how far out they go, due to the whole Scalebound thing. I think they're aware of the narrative surrounding how their line-up looks like compared to Sony's.

We generally have good info on Microsoft's internal happenings from years and years covering Windows, Surface, Lumia (RIP) and whatnot, as tech press rather than games press.

Cheers

We don't know anything about Crackdown. The Cloud aspect hasn't actually been shown working on the cloud, so for all we know the final game will be mostly locally based physics. And regardless about the physics engine, it may look fabulous. 'SoT is an MMO' - does that preclude it from looking good? I'd say the cartoon art-style probably holds it back from looking jaw-droppingly good. It's possible Forza could look better than GTS if they can get the lighting right as there's a lot more they can do with the scenery and lighting with Scorpio exclusive version.

We don't know anything about Crackdown. The Cloud aspect hasn't actually been shown working on the cloud, so for all we know the final game will be mostly locally based physics. And regardless about the physics engine, it may look fabulous. 'SoT is an MMO' - does that preclude it from looking good? I'd say the cartoon art-style probably holds it back from looking jaw-droppingly good. It's possible Forza could look better than GTS if they can get the lighting right as there's a lot more they can do with the scenery and lighting with Scorpio exclusive version.
Well show me one MMO game that looks eye meltingly good, I've yet to see any. I think some aspect of being a MMO holds it back from getting all the graphics juice, the art style doesn't help either. As for Forza7, let's not forget the game also has to work with Base X1 too at 1080/60. Adding too much detail in the environment or whatever would undoubtedly cause issue for their "leaving no one behind" narrative.
As for Crackdown 3, I thought they already demoed the MP part of the game on the Cloud?
Also heard there wont be a Single player part at release which is pretty lame.

Well show me one MMO game that looks eye meltingly good, I've yet to see any.
They're designed to run on as many PCs as possible. There's nothing intrinsically more limiting than an open world game.
As for Forza7, let's not forget the game also has to work with Base X1 too at 1080/60. Adding too much detail in the environment or whatever would undoubtedly cause issue for their "leaving no one behind" narrative.
The game won't be a Scorpio game if it doesn't take proper use of the power. Assuming games are going to be improved, Forza would be a good candidate. The game would run and play the same on XB1, but look heaps better on Scoprio.
As for Crackdown 3, I thought they already demoed the MP part of the game on the Cloud?
These early demo's were over local networks, not the internet. But as I say, it could look amazeballs still on Scorpio with a fancy GI solver. Well, it's stylised too so probably not. ;)

They're designed to run on as many PCs as possible. There's nothing intrinsically more limiting than an open world game.
The game won't be a Scorpio game if it doesn't take proper use of the power. Assuming games are going to be improved, Forza would be a good candidate. The game would run and play the same on XB1, but look heaps better on Scoprio.
These early demo's were over local networks, not the internet. But as I say, it could look amazeballs still on Scorpio with a fancy GI solver. Well, it's stylised too so probably not. ;).
We'll just have to wait and see wont we Shifty:), in fact we'll find out in a matter of days. I just think if anything some third party game has far more chance to be a graphics showcaser than any exclusives they have announced.

As for Forza7, let's not forget the game also has to work with Base X1 too
this can be said about any Scorpio game. In the end you either believe they can scale up the graphics or you don't I guess.

in fact we'll find out in a matter of days.
in regards to crackdown,I don't expect us to hear/see anything in next couple days, I reckon will have to wait to E3.
next week I suspect is more of a technical reveal. If they show games that are for release after E3, then E3 would be a fail before It's even started, with less games to show.

Says its 12GB GDDR5, also that Scorpio has an incredibly "compact" design.
it's hard to tell with jez, he mixes up things he believes i.e. What everyone has excepted as fact 12GB gddr5, with what he knows from sources or documents.
so I wouldn't take what he's written there as confirmation, unless he actually says it's confirmed - if you get what I mean.

Last edited:
We'll just have to wait and see wont we Shifty:), in fact we'll find out in a matter of days. I just think if anything some third party game has far more chance to be a graphics showcaser than any exclusives they have announced.
I'm not saying it will, or won't. Only arguing against your reasoning. Your determiners for these games being limited in what they look like on Scorpio don't wash IMO. They could of course all end up looking like poop, but if so it won't be because they are MMOs or have cloud based physics.

it's hard to tell with jez, he mixes up things he believes i.e. What everyone has excepted as fact 12GB gddr5, with what he knows from sources or documents.
so I wouldn't take what he's written there as confirmation, unless he actually says it's confirmed - if you get what I mean.

Pretty sure he tweeted that he read the 12GB GDDR5 from a document.

Also my impression from him is he really isn't really a person interested in tech specs. Most of things he writes seems like it is stuff he has heard/read from sources rather than him speculating. I could be wrong but that's just my impression.

Pretty sure he tweeted that he read the 12GB GDDR5 from a document.

Also my impression from him is he really isn't really a person interested in tech specs. Most of things he writes seems like it is stuff he has heard/read from sources rather than him speculating. I could be wrong but that's just my impression.
if he said that then fare enough. If that is what happened.

he's not a tech guy which is why he confuses what he hears from sources sometimes, especially when he's trying to put it all together.
and because he's very hmmmm excitable, he draws incorrect conclusions, or confuses things. Not a bad person, and not saying he's lying, you just need to filter what he's actually heard and read out of what he thinks or concludes.

anyway don't want to sound like I'm attacking him, or defending him, so I'll just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back