Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol!
Once again sadly only confirming details already known or assumed.

MS lock down is pretty hardcore. I don't get how they are doing this. hardware dev kits may not be sent out just yet. Perhaps prepping them for after full announcement and for now providing target spec hardware for GPUs ?

that would have provided them a full 12 months since last E3 to develop their Scorpio games.
Then they get their dev kits after announcement. Certification begins shortly after until launch.

To me this is the most plausible scenario. A great deal of many things are all being released in this June/July time frame to be coincidence.

What's to lock down? We already basically know or can easily infer the foundational tech details (no it's not going to include Zen, almost surely).

I'm not sure what you're after.

I'm more interested in some pre e3 event. E3 is so far off.

What's to lock down? We already basically know or can easily infer the foundational tech details (no it's not going to include Zen, almost surely).

I'm not sure what you're after.

I'm more interested in some pre e3 event. E3 is so far off.
Details :)
Its always about the details.
E3 is 3 months away. Quite close when you think about it, they did announce this device 9 months ago. And 9 months later we've learned nearly nothing about it.

Do you regard negative comments here about the plausibility of Zen as backhand leaks from people in the know?:)

So latest rumor is that it's a PS4 Pro copy, that's rather amusing...

6TF isn't budging, so what does that even mean?

Do you mean about the supposed hardware in PS4pro for checkerboard rendering? Scorpio has that also? Do you mean because they both just have Jaguar?

It should be almost certain the GPU would have vega improvements, although I guess, maybe to aid compatibility they just kept GCN. That'd be boring but, you'd still have 6TF at least.

Last edited:
6TF isn't budging, so what does that even mean?

Do you mean about the supposed hardware in PS4pro for checkerboard rendering? Scorpio has that also? Do you mean because they both just have Jaguar?

It should be almost certain the GPU would have vega improvements, although I guess, maybe to aid compatibility they just kept GCN. That'd be boring but, you'd still have 6TF at least.
It's amazing that all your 'should be certain' comments are just speculation, educated guess, assumptions.

You asked before what more people would like to know:
GPU type and any modifications,
CPU type and speed
Memory type and amount
Additional upgrades e.g m.2 etc

Hell they even refused to come out and answer if it had a uhd drive or not.

So let's not pretends that we all know more than we actually do. All we know for certain is what was released at last years E3.
I'm willing to accept the white paper leak as some additional information regarding no ESRAM.
So where are you getting all your leaks and information from, because you seem to know more than anyone else.

Let me guess it's common sense, the same common sense that people used to justify why the 4pro would have a uhd drive in it, oh wait, what.

There's a difference from expectations, educated guesses, to them coming out and saying what's actually in the machine.
Nothing wrong with educated guesses, but that's all it is, don't try to portray it as anything different. Unless you have leaks or inside information to back it up.

As for it having checker boarding, the x1 and ps4 is able to do checker boarding, it's whether Scorpio has additional hardware to facilitate it or not that's in question. e.g. buffer id's.

I mean that the main differences between the system arch was the ESRAM, and if Scorpio doesn't have any, it's just like a PS4/Pro... And with Scorpio coming, I guess it means the cloud wasn't powerful enough after all :p

It's amazing that all your 'should be certain' comments are just speculation, educated guess, assumptions.

We dont have a lot else to go on. Is there somebody here just telling us facts? I thought that was the point of the thread? What's so amazing about that?

Zen doesn't make sense for a few reasons. Expense is a big one. Probably perfect compatibility with Xbox One is another.

I mean, I dont know what we could exactly bet on this board, but, wanna bet on it? LOL. I'm pretty comfortable that it's 95% not Zen. I mean I HOPE it is, but...

Vega makes sense for more reasons than it doesn't as well. For starters you will need significantly more CU's than any AMD chip currently has (at console clockings anyways) to get to 6TF. Therefore it almost certainly has to be a Vega chip of some ilk. Which should provide some nice architectural enhancements.

It is funny I actually felt like a super detective around Xbox One/PS4 release, there were people actually passing PS4/XBO specs around in PM weeks before Vgleaks or whatever that site was got them. I felt like one of the first to know. That's gone now...but again there's not much mystery to Scorpio anyway so yeah. It's not like "Xbox Two totally new gen" or anything.

These things are >95% likely

-6TF (slight chance of significantly more)
-Not zen
-12 GB GDDR5

Til proven otherwise...

Almost April...not TOOOO far away. No hint even of a pre-event yet.

We dont have a lot else to go on. Is there somebody here just telling us facts? I thought that was the point of the thread? What's so amazing about that?

Zen doesn't make sense for a few reasons. Expense is a big one. Probably perfect compatibility with Xbox One is another.

I mean, I dont know what we could exactly bet on this board, but, wanna bet on it? LOL. I'm pretty comfortable that it's 95% not Zen. I mean I HOPE it is, but...

Vega makes sense for more reasons than it doesn't as well. For starters you will need significantly more CU's than any AMD chip currently has (at console clockings anyways) to get to 6TF. Therefore it almost certainly has to be a Vega chip of some ilk. Which should provide some nice architectural enhancements.

It is funny I actually felt like a super detective around Xbox One/PS4 release, there were people actually passing PS4/XBO specs around in PM weeks before Vgleaks or whatever that site was got them. I felt like one of the first to know. That's gone now...but again there's not much mystery to Scorpio anyway so yeah. It's not like "Xbox Two totally new gen" or anything.

These things are >95% likely

-6TF (slight chance of significantly more)
-Not zen
-12 GB GDDR5

Til proven otherwise...

Almost April...not TOOOO far away. No hint even of a pre-event yet.
After reading back my post, it sounded like I was attacking you, glad you never took it that way as it wasn't meant that way.

I wouldn't bet you as I agree with most of what you say, and I would come pretty much to mostly the same conclusions.

The difference is though, is that as I said, there is stuff to be confirmed and disclosed and that's what people want to know about.
At the moment it's still conjecturer, even if you end up being 100% correct.

You also said it yourself, "until proven otherwise". Well that won't happen untill the reveal or leaks.:LOL:

Breakdown of what you said:
6TF - Well yes we was told that, but what Gpu IP, what customisations if any.
CPU Not zen - what is it, what frequency
12GB Gddr5 - guess based on a render, which is taken as being fact by most people.

So yes, plenty to still know and the bits you said are very vague. Apart from memory.

Not too far away? It feels like its been forever :runaway:

I mean that the main differences between the system arch was the ESRAM, and if Scorpio doesn't have any, it's just like a PS4/Pro... And with Scorpio coming, I guess it means the cloud wasn't powerful enough after all :p
Heh. I think cloud has its good points at least in the near future or something. But being applicable/the correct solution to gaming issues seems limited (at least for now).

Im not sure if maybe we can expand cloud to handle intense AI processing. I don't believe that AI necessarily needs to operate with very low latency.

For starters you will need significantly more CU's than any AMD chip currently has (at console clockings anyways) to get to 6TF.
Fury X and R9 Nano have 64 CUs. At R9 Nano clocks (1 GHz) that is 8.192 TF. You only need 732 MHz clock rate with 64 CUs to reach 6TF.

RX 480 is only 36 CUs and is 5.161 TF. 1.12 GHz clock rate is high compared to current consoles, but still pretty low compared to recent Nvidia clock rates.

Last edited:
http://projectxbox.it/2017/03/28/in...i-dettagli-tecnici-svelati-e-annuncio-pre-e3/

Rumor on the top right of the page you can choose english language. 6,3 Tflops custom vega GPU and custom zen, 12 Gb GDDR5. Price is not fixed but one 1Tb version at 449 euros and one 2 Tb version at 549 euros. Price can vary by a maximum of 30 euros. Price of base Scorpio between 419 and 479 euros...

Gears of War 4 improved asset version but most of the time better resolution and framerate for different version of the game...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back