Crazy shit went down in my neighborhood

homerdog

donator of the year
Legend
Supporter
A couple moved into the house where some of my best friends grew up in, 2 houses down from where I grew up (my parents' place), a few years ago. The dude went to jail a couple years ago for beating his wife but they got back together.

Sunday morning around 5AM my dad heard some loud BANG noises and figured it was the trash truck picking up garbage at the local school. About 20mins later my mom got up and there were cop cars, ambulances, and fire trucks lining the street. Keep in mind this is a quiet, upper class neighborhood where nothing ever happens. Apparently the dude got wasted (he was an alcoholic) and went on a rampage, shot his wife and kid, then himself. The wife and kid made it outside after being shot and called 911. By the time the cops showed up the dude had already blown his brains out. Thankfully the wife and kid will live, though they'll never be the same I'm sure.

I've actually met this couple and they seemed really nice. Apparently the wife is crazy and was always cheating on him (though she obviously didn't deserve to be shot) and he was a long time alcoholic (maybe why she cheated on him, go figure). Goes to show looks can be deceiving. Really sorry for the kid in all this, he is a great little guy who loved to play basketball but now apparently has nerve damage in his arm.

Remember folks, if your partner starts hitting you it's probably not a good idea to continue the relationship.

Had a friend once (he lives don't worry) that went through a similar situation, his father found out his mother was cheating on him and one night he decided to stab her to death then drive off a bridge. They had two kids, my friend and his sister. Pretty tough situation, that only gets worse because everyone is like "I feel so sorry for you" etc. and it all seems fake after a while, at least that's what he told me. They grew up with his uncle after that happened so at least they had family support, it's really hard to predict when someone is going to snap like that but being a chronic alcoholic is usually a bad sign.

Had a friend once (he lives don't worry) that went through a similar situation, his father found out his mother was cheating on him and one night he decided to stab her to death then drive off a bridge. They had two kids, my friend and his sister. Pretty tough situation, that only gets worse because everyone is like "I feel so sorry for you" etc. and it all seems fake after a while, at least that's what he told me. They grew up with his uncle after that happened so at least they had family support, it's really hard to predict when someone is going to snap like that but being a chronic alcoholic is usually a bad sign.
Plus the fact that he had previously been abusive, TBH she never should have given him a second chance especially since he was still boozing. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and at the end of the day no matter what she did, there's no way to put any of the blame on her. I mention that because apparently the husband's parents are saying it's all her fault. Pretty damn scummy IMO.

Also I heard someone say something I thought was interesting: It's 2017, if you think you heard gunshots, you heard gunshots. My dad said if he'd been more alert at the time he would have busted it over there with the AR15, since he knew the situation. And he would do it; when I was a kid there was a peeper in my window and my dad went crawling through the bushes with a pistol in his whitey tighties :D

I was thinking, they got lucky that he was so drunk that he missed most of his shots, and for the fact that he was using a gun in the first place since they got away when he was reloading. At least the mom would likely be dead if he'd decided to stab her or hit her with a baseball bat or something else that never runs out of ammo.

Last edited:
oh my god... this is really heavy morning read

is it really that bad in the US?
Well people do get shot all the time in my town, though it's almost exclusively black on black gang related which the cops don't pay much attention to unless innocents get involved. But it's always been this way. I recall a few years ago this guy who was in a band with one of my best friends was shot dead while working at a pawn shop, as some kind of gangster initiation.

I once heard that the Secret Service or some organization like that once implemented a system where drones would constantly fly over Washington DC and monitor for gunshots. They had to shut the program down because they found that there was near constant gunfire in the nation's capital and the system became useless lol.

I think the 2017 statement was a reflection on how crazy people get these days over stuff that used to be considered normal. There is definitely a lot more general animosity out there than there used to be.

Well people do get shot all the time in my town, though it's almost exclusively black on black gang related which the cops don't pay much attention to unless innocents get involved. But it's always been this way. I recall a few years ago this guy who was in a band with one of my best friends was shot dead while working at a pawn shop, as some kind of gangster initiation.

I once heard that the Secret Service or some organization like that once implemented a system where drones would constantly fly over Washington DC and monitor for gunshots. They had to shut the program down because they found that there was near constant gunfire in the nation's capital and the system became useless lol.

I think the 2017 statement was a reflection on how crazy people get these days over stuff that used to be considered normal. There is definitely a lot more general animosity out there than there used to be.

oh my god, i can't imagine living in a place like that.... in my place the loud bangs i keeps hearing are just loud crackers fortunately... unfortunately some of those crackers are too lethal (kids got killed, losing body parts, etc).

hmm now i think our places are not that much different hahaha.

ugh this is not a laughing matter, whats wrong with me

whats wrong with me

Something we all would like to know ;)

OT: Sick shit happens everywhere. Over here I've already heard of parents setting their house on fire while everyone is sleeping a couple of times and I don't watch the news that often. Stabbings happen as well.

Not interested in starting a gun debate but obviously having guns (freely) available doesn't improve things.

Its really bad how we treat mental issues. Perhaps if he had proper care this wouldn't have happened. I hope the wife and kids heal as best they can after this .

Back