Zelda: Breath of the Wild [WU,NX]

It's got a 10 from EDGE (printed version). So there is that. :runaway:

Really dig the art style of this game, truly a beauty in motion and gameplay looks pretty fun too:yes:. I've been waiting for a Zelda game in the spirit of Ocarina of Time with modern tech and this offers just that and then some, might have to get a Switch at some point.

Really dig the art style of this game, truly a beauty in motion and gameplay looks pretty fun too:yes:. I've been waiting for a Zelda game in the spirit of Ocarina of Time with modern tech and this offers just that and then some, might have to get a Switch at some point.
Ditto. A Link who can jump and climb is going to feel very weird but also familiar given that's been the norm for third person action games for years.

Yeah the more I see it the more I really appreciate the art style/look of the game. I'd even say it's one the better looking games I have seen recently if we are talking from a pure aesthetics point of view..

Yeah the more I see it the more I really appreciate the art style/look of the game. I'd even say it's one the better looking games I have seen recently if we are talking from a pure aesthetics point of view..
Yeah for sure, I know it's 900p and a bit rough here and there but the art, use of lighting, color palette and aesthetics really carry it through.

Yeah for sure, I know it's 900p and a bit rough here and there but the art, use of lighting, color palette and aesthetics really carry it through.

Performance aside, I'm thinking this will look pretty nice at 900p on 1080p display.

I'd like to see 3rd party developers take cues from this when they are a making their games for the Switch. Go for a stylized look instead just a downgraded version of what you might see on other platforms.

Wish this was on the ps4 or atleast PC. Thier platforms have nothing else that interests me even remotely. Zelda and Xenoblade are what I feel I want to play but cannot.

I've read the game is embracing its open world to a degree we haven't seen since Morrowind. Apparently you can pretty much walk straight to the final boss and get your ass kicked (or beat him if you're one of these Soul Level 1 kinda players). That is seriously cool if true.

Wish this was on the ps4 or atleast PC. Thier platforms have nothing else that interests me even remotely. Zelda and Xenoblade are what I feel I want to play but cannot.
Well... Monster Hunter is also worthy of interest.

Last edited:

well technically it will be available on PC...not sure how playable it will be though

Talking about it on the Co-Optional podcast right now. One person has a review unit Switch and the Zelda game. He hopes he isn't breaking any part of the NDA. :p All of them know multiple people that have the Switch and the Zelda game.
  • Describes it as Dark Souls meets Zelda - IE: game can be difficult. Jirard (the guy that has the switch) got destroyed in some fights at the start of the game.
  • 4-5 days of playing, and he hasn't touched a single Main Story mission. Just exploring, looking at things, and doing mini-dungeons and side quests.
  • Map is HUGE.
  • Game is beautiful. Very beautiful.
  • The least Zelda like game, and yet the most Zelda like game?
  • Open World game but your actions in the game will influence the development of parts of the world in the game.
  • Lots and Lots of puzzles to solve.
  • Anything you can see, you can get to. Talking about climbing the mountains. Temperature changes based on elevation on the mountains. It's really cold at the top.
  • Lots of clothing options.
I've never played a Zelda game before, but listening to them talk, I really regret not trying to pre-order a Switch. Even though the Switch sold out of pre-orders in less than 30 minutes at all major US retailers when it went on Pre-order. And I'm not getting a Wii-U just to play it. :p

And I don't even like open world games, I generally dislike the genre a LOT.

Regards,
SB

I would say if you don't like open world games and don't have a history/nostalgia with Zelda games then the game might not be as big a deal for you. That being said, I expect this game to be very good and will probably one of the highest rated games of the year if not the highest.

I would say if you don't like open world games and don't have a history/nostalgia with Zelda games then the game might not be as big a deal for you. That being said, I expect this game to be very good and will probably one of the highest rated games of the year if not the highest.
I reckon Zelda will be many people's GOTY. And that's a year with ME3, HZD and Red Dead Redemption 2 in it! :runaway:

Apparently some people managed to gain access to the full WII U version sitting on the Nintendo eshop servers earlier this week, before Nintendo closed the hole.
So now pirated copies are being spread and spoilers like videos of the end boss ended up on Youtube.
The good news would be that the WII U version is supposedly also looking great, just lower res.
My WII U isn't likely to ever see it tho - with a bit of luck I'll have the Switch this weekend.

Too many people rely on nostalgia for giving those high scores.

well seems like this game sucks...currently 98 score on Metacritic right now: http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild?ref=hp
C56KoyfWcAAs8Rr.jpg

crazy stuff,really,makes me want to have a Switch

Back