Horizon: Zero Dawn - Graphics de-Gushing

Clukos

Bloodborne 2 when?
Veteran
Supporter
Similar to the UC4 thread, it'd be best if we kept the graphics, images videos and whatnot out of the game topic (so we can discuss the game there). I don't have the game yet but I'll be posting anything interesting (graphically) I find here.

To start the thread, here's some videos from gamersyde showcasing environments, weather, lod etc.

You can download the full 4k source videos from here: http://gamersyde.com/news_a_bit_more_horizon_zero_dawn_beauty-18817_en.html

What we know: The game is using the in-house engine called Decima, it renders at 1080p on Ps4 and 2160p checkerboard on Ps4 Pro, it aims for a locked 30 fps on both consoles. The Ps4 Pro also seems to have extended lod, better anisotropic filtering and high res textures in addition to the higher resolution. As can be seen here: Ps4 -> Ps4 Pro

^ Images by Digital Foundry, full article here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-horizon-zero-dawn-ps4-pro-performance-analysis

Last edited:
Still from Gaf (PS4 Pro) :

e1qpH0y.jpg

The lighting...

I don't understand why Guerrilla chose to show only day time in their demos. Night time looks soooo good in this game.

I really don't know if I should watch the new Gamersyde vids on environments due to spoilers..I think I've reached a point where any more footage would just reduce the full on impact for my first playthrough. What to do guys?

I really don't know if I should watch the new Gamersyde vids on environments due to spoilers..I think I've reached a point where any more footage would just reduce the full on impact for my first playthrough. What to do guys?

It doesn't show anything spoilery imo, and I avoided almost every review to not get too familiar with the combat/world etc. It's just beautiful landscapes, and i don't think I've seen anything that they haven't shown before.

It doesn't show anything spoilery imo, and I avoided almost every review to not get too familiar with the combat/world etc. It's just beautiful landscapes, and i don't think I've seen anything that they haven't shown before.
You're making me wanna download them all don't ya:)?
Already shamelessly downloading

Can you see any signs of real time GI used here Clukos? The kind of volume and depth this game creates is astounding, everything just feels more tangible as a result.

Back