Someone please talk some sense in to me!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
It's a terrible time to upgrade, just the worst, blah-blah-blah. No argument, but my dying mobo is annoying the bejebus out of me and it's long past time.

I can pick up an FX-8320E black edition at MicroCenter with an MSI 990FXA Gaming AM3+ mobo for just barely under $200 with tax. Yeah it's a crap time to upgrade, but it's a damn good deal and I could give it to my wife or daughter who's PCs are also rather old and dyingish.

But it's not time, it'll all be cheaper soon! Convince me, please! It's just the idea of the bump I could get for only $200 that's killing me.

No but I'd happily say it's either the motherboard, CPU, or PSU for sure with my monies being on the CPU or mobo. Like I said, I haven't been able to access the bios in a few years and if I plug in one of my USB ports the whole system crashes. I'm betting on the motherboard.

lol it sounds like youre experiencing some problems over there, does the pc fail to boot with a usb device plugged in?

i think you should really wait for zen to come out.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, there is literally one specific port that if I plug anything in to the computer will immediately blue screen. I leave it alone and it goes just spiffy.

I do want to wait 'til Zen, but I hate limping along on a crippled rig! Just whiney I guess.

Mwahahaha! B3D has become the breeding ground of Orangpelupa's electronic misfortune virus!

No but I'd happily say it's either the motherboard, CPU, or PSU for sure with my monies being on the CPU or mobo. Like I said, I haven't been able to access the bios in a few years and if I plug in one of my USB ports the whole system crashes. I'm betting on the motherboard.

Have you tried to unplug every drives and boot directly to USB?

If it works, then you have bad PSU.

Anyway, it's much better for peace of mind to just trash all of it, wait for Zen, and buy all new computer

Can't be the cat, I have three dogs that keep the computer room sacred from the cats. Seriously, the dogs do NOT like the cats coming in to Daddy's rooms. Neither my computer room nor my bedrooms.

3 cats and 3 dogs, a very happy/fun household. :)

EDITED BITS: We've had 2 cats and 3 dogs for at least a decade before the new kitty arrived, I really don't think that's a factor in this equation.

If she's working fine now, just don't put your stick into the hole that causes her to freeze up..

As you said, it's a terrible time to upgrade. why force it upon yourself just because of no bios interface and 1 bad USB port? makes no sense. Curb that ADHD of yours :)

Back