The Division

I find it good that you tried it. At least you have seen it by yourself. ^^

Yes it has a good game engine which runs very well and at the same time The Division feels like it is build as a PC game. I do not know why it is claimed that Ubisoft games were the worst optimized games in gaming. Because graphics/ performance is excellent compared to a linear game like RYSE. I hope they will develop more titles with the Snowdrop Engine in the future.

At the moment Ubisoft uses six open world game engines:
-Far Cry
-Assassins Creed
-Watch Dogs
-The Crew
-The Division
-Ghost Recon Wildlands

But if too many studios would use the same game engine this could lead into many problems from my point of view. Then even more communication between the studios would be needed. As far as I can remember sometimes 5-6 studios were busy even for one Assassins Creed title.

I find it good that you tried it. At least you have seen it by yourself. ^^

Yes it has a good game engine which runs very well and at the same time The Division feels like it is build as a PC game. I do not know why it is claimed that Ubisoft games were the worst optimized games in gaming. Because graphics/ performance is excellent compared to a linear game like RYSE. I hope they will develop more titles with the Snowdrop Engine in the future.

At the moment Ubisoft uses six open world game engines:
-Far Cry
-Assassins Creed
-Watch Dogs
-The Crew
-The Division
-Ghost Recon Wildlands

But if too many studios would use the same game engine this could lead into many problems from my point of view. Then even more communication between the studios would be needed. As far as I can remember sometimes 5-6 studios were busy even for one Assassins Creed title.
herm... not really, or at least it depends what you call "different".

This morning I stepped into the Dark Zone for the first time, level 11 currently. Of course in any PvP online game, I was killed within 5 seconds of zoning in by another player.

herm... not really, or at least it depends what you call "different".

From my distant perspective the game engines differ a lot. But I have not seen The Crew yet.

I dont know which game would use the Anvil engine except of Assassins Creed. Same goes for Disrupt or Snowdrop.

This morning I stepped into the Dark Zone for the first time, level 11 currently. Of course in any PvP online game, I was killed within 5 seconds of zoning in by another player.

Dark Zone alone is hard. This is the game I am the worst in PvP. After more than 400 hours I've only killed about 50 rougs so far.

Let It Snow Christmas pack with xmas sweaters and xmas themed skinned for your guns..... $6.99 :LOL: Gotta love companies like Ubisoft and EA.

Seriously, this is $7....

Capture.JPG

There are only 3 engines : FC, AC, TD. Other games customize one of the first two to their needs. Although it might be argued that their differences is enough to call them different engines, but I'm reluctant to do that.

Tried survival mode tonight. Was an intense experience trying to stay warm whilst searching for resources to stave off the infection etc. Died half way to the Dark Zone but enjoyed the challenge.

Damn this game is gorgeous though. The amount of detail they put in just for the Xmas decorations is crazy. String lights everywhere, reindeers, wreaths, xmas trees. Looks gorgeous at night roaming the ruined streets with the xmas lights.

Let It Snow Christmas pack with xmas sweaters and xmas themed skinned for your guns..... $6.99 :LOL: Gotta love companies like Ubisoft and EA.

Seriously, this is $7....

View attachment 1807

And Hatsune miku X give 5 or more, dunno, Christmas costumes for free. When usually Japan games are very stingy with costumes.

What a weird time we live in

Tried survival mode tonight. Was an intense experience trying to stay warm whilst searching for resources to stave off the infection etc. Died half way to the Dark Zone but enjoyed the challenge.

Damn this game is gorgeous though. The amount of detail they put in just for the Xmas decorations is crazy. String lights everywhere, reindeers, wreaths, xmas trees. Looks gorgeous at night roaming the ruined streets with the xmas lights.

People don't play the survival mode because of loot. It is simply the experience. Hoping that in the future more AAA Battle Royal games will come.

In my opinion this is the Open World game with the highest details density by far. Of course it helps with streaming that no vehicle can be used. Drwas distance and object detail can easily set on maximum.

Destruction is Is also very good. It is a lot of fun just to shoot at some objects. Video about details and destruction:

So many details and interaction.... This was a completely new standard for me.

Last edited:
1.6 is out. Is it just me or is the image now much sharper? Massive claims in the Patch Notes they improved Temporal Supersampling. I already liked the TAA in this game but now it seems to be even better. Extremly sharp image (look at the edges of the buildings) and almost no aliasing. I would say it is the sharpest image with TAA I have ever seen. Ghost Recon needs this TAA. ^^

Some notes: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/5whzan/the_division_update_16_last_stand_patch_notes/

EDIT:

I am playing in 75%UHD/60fps but here are FullHD screenshots:

FullHD before
The Division by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

TheDivision by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

AA can better be compared in Motion btw.

EDIT:

Looks like Massive is developing an Avatar game. This could be good with the new Snowdrop engine.

Last edited:

Maybe there will be a few more patches but if not the game ended very well. Over two years there have been many changes and some new and also free content. I am impressed by the long-term support of Ubisoft.

Although I'm not playing the game this much because of the loot stuff it's currently my most played game of all time (560 hours). One can do so much.

Last edited:
I have to say that overall (with the exception of SC) that The Division 1 is the most extraordinary title of this decade for me.
The game world, atmosphere and the level of immersion are unique. In my opinion it was a mistake that The Division 2 is not playing in winter/New York City. Whenever I see videos from the start of The Division 1 I get a rare feeling that I don't know from any other game. I didn't play The Division to get one percent better equipment. It was because of the game world and the game mechanics. They can take out the equipment levels completely and put more emphasis on the NPCs, survival, missions, etc.
The Division 2 made many points better at the beginning but for me it will never be able to reach the impression of the first game.

What the... My last comment (directly above) with the linked video was from two years ago?!

Last edited:
Back