PS4 Pro vs PS4 Graphical Comparison Thread

they just did not notice or did not want to really take a look. Environment mapping is totally absent on standard PS4, it is there on the pro, i'm pretty sure there are more leaves floatting in the air too. And it's definitely cleaner, but that's impossible to see on the social screen as it is still outputting at 720p no matter what resolution it is in the headset.
Evo even said there would be some pro improvements.

Last edited:
they just did not notice or did not want to really take a look. Environment mapping is totally absent on standard PS4, it is there on the pro, i'm pretty sure there are more leaves floatting in the air too. And it's definitely cleaner, but that's impossible to see on the social screen as it is still outputting at 720p no matter what resolution it is in the headset.
Evo even said there would be some pro improvements.

Exactly. No improvements. :rolleyes:

it__s_something_by_rober_raik-d4czhxe.png

Rushy confirmed pro support is there since DCVR launch. Agree that all these comparisons via social screen are dumb. You can only compare game environments that way, not the IQ.

DCVR pro support was total letdown, image clarity did not improve at all. same muddy low res horizon/scenery as before..

Environment mapping is totally absent on standard PS4, it is there on the pro ...

Yeah, but unless you're driving in third person it's kind of a mute point. Same with a couple extra leaves fluttering in the wind. IQ is far and away DC VR's biggest issue, and unfortunately the Pro didn't do anything for the game in that regard. IQ differences are a lot more pronounced in other games. Oddly enough these are the games which looked quite clean on the old PS4 to begin with no less.

Sure with more time and budget they could have made more improvements, but still, since i have it i only played the standard game once, immersion is king here and i love it despite the low res.

You are aware that Evolution Studios were closed like half year ago and it's a miracle that we even got the PSVR version and additional city tracks recently, right?

Sure I knew that but is it too much to ask little more? Sony had really good change to make game shine (not envmap shine) as it is only real car racing game for PSVR just by giving few green ones to devs and add that resolution boost that was that sore point of this game. Lot of money has already gone to this game development and there was change to really polish it with little extra cash. Wasted opportunity..

Got myself a Pro the other day just to be on the "safe side" and have the best experience possible in the future (hopefully) But I was super close on getting a good slim bundle.

Hope it pays off even with a 1080P screen. For me The comparison videos of early pro games showed a clear enough visual-and in some cases performance difference even on youtube so i was more interested in it but looking at all the 60fps non Pro Demos ive downloaded(i've yet to find a super graphics 30fps game Demo) it looks like i may have been cool with a slim too.

Last edited:
How much you happen to have spent on something doesn't intrinsically give it future value.
Lol. Imma SMH if I were honest.
I do my best to curb this habit from my life. Try to borrow more, rent more instead of purchasing.

But man, my list of no ROI and no usage purchases are pretty high. My road bike comes to mind as being my last serious misstep.

Got myself a Pro the other day just to be on the "safe side" and have the best experience possible in the future (hopefully) But I was super close on getting a good slim bundle.

Hope it pays off even with a 1080P screen. For me The comparison videos of early pro games showed a clear enough visual-and in some cases performance difference even on youtube so i was more interested in it but looking at all the 60fps non Pro Demos ive downloaded(i've yet to find a super graphics 30fps game Demo) it looks like i may have been cool with a slim too.

little self correction here: I think some Demos like Nier are running in Pro mode by default. I didn't know that I thought only Patched full versions are pro enabled.

I don't know that's a complete list. In fact I know there are several games that don't have any updates yet, such as Pinball FX2 VR, Harmonix VR thing, etc. But also: Thumper shows more geometry in VR I'm pretty sure.

Back