PS4 Pro Official Specifications (Codename NEO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some TVs have lag of at least 100ms while displaying HDR sources. Painful.
yea man, that was the eye opener for me as well, and held me off from buying. In a 60fps game where you are receiving inputs at 16.6 ms, that's going to feel really terrible. 30fps may not feel as bad though, but you're still seeing 3 frames behind, 6 frames behind you will hit an early ceiling in both fps and fighting games. Well especially fighting games where you have up to 6-12 frames to place an input.

And then you consider the difference between someone playing on a gaming monitor (2-10ms input lag, no refresh lag, no ghosting, 144Hz) vs your screen, and you're guaranteed to lose a majority of head on head fights. Where normally we could say it's a 50/50 toss up, it's now going to be heavily in your opponents favour.

I see this as being bad for your crucible career London-Boy ;)

I rather cut off my balls than go from my great plasma to LCD.
OLED is my only option, and it's not quite there just yet. I'd spend 3 grand, which was my plan. But for £3k I'd prefer something closer to perfect than LG can produce now. So we'll see what happens in the next couple months.

Yeah I wasn't really recommending it to you, just pointed out that it's a pretty good TV and many would be happy with its performance myself included, at the very least it would be nice all around intermediate solution before the "perfect" display comes (probably never happen). I know you plasma nutters aren't the target market. To be honest I was close to buying that 55" LG as well, as I would have gotten it for €1999 minus VAT, but I would like to see them drop the input lag down more. I hope the motion resolution issue gets sorted out at some point in the future, currently Oled is not in a good position for that.

Yeah I wasn't really recommending it to you, just pointed out that it's a pretty good TV and many would be happy with its performance myself included, at the very least it would be nice all around intermediate solution before the "perfect" display comes (probably never happen). I know you plasma nutters aren't the target market. To be honest I was close to buying that 55" LG as well, as I would have gotten it for €1999 minus VAT, but I would like to see them drop the input lag down more. I hope the motion resolution issue gets sorted out at some point in the future, currently Oled is not in a good position for that.
With OLED, sure the IQ is really great. but for the price, at the moment they need to fix motion resolution, input lag (that's sorted really, but should be better), and for me the biggest issue is that ridiculously aggressive auto brightness limiter which cuts the screen brightness by around 4 times the peak amount (peak ~600 nits, full screen capped at 120 nits WTF) when there is too much white on screen. Ridiculous.

Looking at some titles like Driveclub VR, I'll be happy if the PS4Pro allows for all titles to actually render at 2* 960*1080 plus some post-process AA.

At the moment, Sony is trying not to steal the thunder from PSVR which launched not even a month ago.

The details of the PS4 Pro and its influence on VR are probably under NDA in order to avoid osborning the vanilla PS4.

Wondering just how much of a difference PS Pro is actually going to make for PS VR. At least for me, the biggest revelation about PSVR is really how damn well the old PS4 is coping with the demands of the tech. Clean visuals and consitent framerates seem key to me, and save for the odd exception, all the games are doing a great job on both aspects. We went to see Robinson a while back, and it looked wonderful running on the PS4 hardware. When we asked about PSPro upgrades, we were told that it wasn't just not a priority, but that they didn't even have the necessary dev kits yet.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/03/ratchet-clank-ps4-pro-update-coming-soon/

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5327/30623725952_77b1e26e08_o.jpg
https://c4.staticflickr.com/6/5733/30652250931_8fcb3872c2_o.jpg

"temporal injection", it looks good in those pictures. 1:1 crop

1iguh5.png

Last edited:
Regarding the R&C screens: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222771643&postcount=151
Some stuff - those screens are straight pulls from the frame buffer.

Temporal injection is a different approach ban checkerbording to get to 2160p that gets you AA too. We think it looks better.

The game is designed to run at a locked 30 so making frame rate changes was never in the cards. Sorry

It looks even better in HDR.

The engine tech was developed on our current stuff first and then we ported it back here.

That's rather surprising considering the confirmed 8.4TF. It does seem to have great airflow, obviously made possible by the beautiful and delicious looking cheeseburger design. I'd wait to see a test with a really taxing game, which he probably doesn't have since the patches might not be out yet, and his existing games would run in compatibility mode?

That's rather surprising considering the confirmed 8.4TF. It does seem to have great airflow, obviously made possible by the beautiful and delicious looking cheeseburger design. I'd wait to see a test with a really taxing game, which he probably doesn't have since the patches might not be out yet, and his existing games would run in compatibility mode?
it's actually 4.2 TF (only at half rate you get more, but you don't want to do everything with 16-bit).
But it has a bigger case, which allows a better cooling solution. I really hope it is as quite as the xbox one, but it looks like, sony chose the "same" dust-sensitive design as the PS4 (get's louder over time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back