Gears of War 4 [XO, XPA]

But, I like Gears. But, there's no excuse for the grenades. Really none.

Obviously just your opinion, but I have to say that how grenades are handled in Gears is one of the best and most realistic that I've ever seen. That's one part of the game that I think stands out head and shoulders above all the competition.

That also means it would not be at all suitable to a run and gun shooter where realism is not what is desired.

Regards,
SB

Damn, that last act, whoooey. And the cliffhanger ending, argh! And make sure you watch to the end of the credits!

I still like the first Gears the best, but this one was damned good.

Regards,
SB
GoW 4 feels more like the first game than GoW 3.

John Dorian (X-D) and Marcus are sometimes like Batman/Bruce Wayne (Affleck) and Alfred (Irons).

Last edited:
Playing the game on ultra @ 1080p. About the end of A3 graphically the game really starts to take flight.

Especially with all the gun fighting happening everywhere from your guns, team mates, turrets, the enemies. Lol it's a 100fps rave.

I thought Myrrha was Marcus' mother, but it looks it's not the case: she was Kait's grandmother.
IIRC, she died while exploring the underground. Myrrah has different origins related to some research center. I can't quite recall since it's all buried in the novels.

Last edited:
This game has probably the best image quality next to FH3. I hope 343 learns from them for Halo 6.

The combat sequences in Act 3 and after are just great. The AI is incredible. I have literally stoped and had to take in how they fight and flanked me many times. Played on Hardcore. Great job Coalition

This game has probably the best image quality next to FH3. I hope 343 learns from them for Halo 6.

Well, it's a tad different when you're shooting for a rock solid 60fps. Their resolution jumps around more than a Halo player, so they probably couldn't do much with temporal reconstruction.

Well, it's a tad different when you're shooting for a rock solid 60fps. Their resolution jumps around more than a Halo player, so they probably couldn't do much with temporal reconstruction.

True. I'm not sure if I would like the single player to be 30fps for Halo 6 since going from 30 to 60 in a fps would throw me off. But maybe they could do it. Would it be possible?

True. I'm not sure if I would like the single player to be 30fps for Halo 6 since going from 30 to 60 in a fps would throw me off. But maybe they could do it. Would it be possible?
They could, but considering how good BF1 looks. May as well cap the resolution lower and up the quality per pixel. The tradeoff seems worth it.

It's a bit disappointing they're still using pre rendered FMVs, but the fact those aren't even coded with HDR pisses me off. The transition to FMV from in game is pretty stark after being accustomed to the HDR.

Back