No Man's Sky [PC]

Actually it is the middle mouse button, its just mine is incredibly stiff plus you need to hold it down for a few seconds
ps: I can rebind my mouse buttons and have profiles ;)

Actually it is the middle mouse button, its just mine is incredibly stiff plus you need to hold it down for a few seconds
ps: I can rebind my mouse buttons and have profiles ;)
So what did you have set up for middle mouse then? Because using the mouse wheel button as middle mouse makes browsing much better because pressing middle mouse on a link opens it in a new tab (default behaviour).

nothing...
how do you even stand to wake up in the morning if you know you have to right-click a link and then left click "open in new tab"? I can't live without middle-clicking links

I had an idea, do we think the deal with Sony is partly responsible for the final NMS game? The original vision may have been heavily gimped by the weak CPU that Hello Games were then tied to once the exclusive deal with Sony happened. And if so, it's not like they can talk about that in their PR. "Sorry, but PS4's crappy CPU limits what we can do, and of course that rolls over into the PC game."

how do you even stand to wake up in the morning if you know you have to right-click a link and then left click "open in new tab"? I can't live without middle-clicking links
Because my middle button is dodgy, I have to hold the mouse with my right hand and press down on the wheel with my left hand

Because my middle button is dodgy, I have to hold the mouse with my right hand and press down on the wheel with my left hand
You could clean it or something

or buy a new mouse :)

Yeah, what kind of PC Gaming Peon plays with a mouse with no usable middle button? Pfft. Step up your game, son!

Back to the original topic: I think I've kinda broken my game, so to speak. I've capped out my ship, my exosuit, and my little multitool thing mostly by only visiting stars with at least four planets and just grinding. Now that I'm my own diety, I'm trying to grind my way through to the end of the game. Nothing has really put up much of a fight, and I've yet to even find my first anomaly (which is where I'm supposed to find those two aliens, right?)

Kinda wish I had more slots / more technology to discover :( Still want to see it through, but at this moment no part of the game is challenging. Still, I've found a few very pretty planets which are fun for a few minutes...

This is the extreme cold planet where I hit the level 10 journey requirement for extreme survival.

20161007143011_1.jpg

I have now finished all the journey milestones and got the Atlass pass v3.

So now I am just heading for the center of the galaxy. Hello Games have to add stuff to this game, it has amazing potential.

Interesting article on PC Gamer about NMS, false advertising in games etc

Somewhat interesting read. The biggest and most important thing to take away from this, however.

After restating his belief that Hello Games has neither broken the law nor purposely deceived any of its players, Morrison closes with a piece of advice it's always worth reiterating: "People need to stop pre-ordering games." If you aren't 100-percent confident you know what you're getting, give it a week before handing over your hard-earned cash. Watch Let's Plays. Read the reviews. A little research goes a long way.

Stop pre-ordering games.

And this is understandable but makes me sad.

Morrison also points out that, in legal terms, any comments made by Sean Murray in interviews or in Reddit AMAs are not considered advertising. Claims made in these forums do not fall under the official marketing umbrella, and as such do not hold up in a legal context. Any hypothetical lawsuit would be limited to the media distributed by Hello Games as a whole.

Basically you can go on national television on a talk show to do an interview about your game and make whatever claims you want. Doesn't matter if it factually represents your game. Doesn't matter if you have absolutely no intention of including it into the game. You can claim any feature you want. As long as it isn't in the marketing that your company releases, you can't be held legally liable for any claims that you make about what may or may not be included in your product.

OTOH: The internet and general public will likely hold you to it to some extent, so be careful of what you claim.

I also don't like the fact that the article implied that people's complaints about false advertising were limited only to the procedural generation.

Regards,
SB

Stop pre-ordering games.

And this is understandable but makes me sad.

So true, unless it's for crowdfunding purposes I don't know why anyone preorders goods that can be obtained digitally. I hope the day comes where preorder bonuses are seen as a tacit admission of deceit.

If people stop preordering it'll also take a lot of the wind out of sites that rely on early copies for reviews. Which will reduce the number of reviews that are more harsh than they should be because of buggy/incomplete early releases and less harsh than they should be because of buggy/incomplete early releases that they assume will be improved on. And which will give the game companies less leverage to shut out reviewers and smaller reviewers more opportunity to compete.

So true, unless it's for crowdfunding purposes I don't know why anyone preorders goods that can be obtained digitally. I hope the day comes where preorder bonuses are seen as a tacit admission of deceit.

If people stop preordering it'll also take a lot of the wind out of sites that rely on early copies for reviews. Which will reduce the number of reviews that are more harsh than they should be because of buggy/incomplete early releases and less harsh than they should be because of buggy/incomplete early releases that they assume will be improved on. And which will give the game companies less leverage to shut out reviewers and smaller reviewers more opportunity to compete.
For sure there is no excuse to preorder a game these days. I can't think of any exceptions. If it's good then buy it. Why would you buy something because the people making it tell you it's good? If you do you are probably not in your right mind.

Back