Mantis Burn Racing [PS4, XO, PC] - Top down racer

goonergaz

Veteran
I've loved top-down racers since Indy 500 on the Atari with special paddles. Then Super Sprint in the arcades.

I've loved top-down racers since Indy 500 on the Atari with special paddles. Then Super Sprint in the arcades.
I also enjoyed quite a bit -it has its flaws though- Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX, which is like Super Off-Road with modern graphics. It's a fun game that kinda makes up for your investment, but don't expect endless addiction.

I am kind interested in this one, too -it has a PS4 version-, but I need to check the price first.

This game is definitely on my radar. Split screen x4 is great. 4K at 60fps will also be interesting, but somehow I would also like to see a VR option.

I also enjoyed quite a bit -it has its flaws though- Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX, which is like Super Off-Road with modern graphics. It's a fun game that kinda makes up for your investment, but don't expect endless addiction.

I am kind interested in this one, too -it has a PS4 version-, but I need to check the price first.

Yes, whilst researching Mantis I saw this...was really interested until I saw the score and then watched some reviews! If Mantis was out next year I might have got it though.

Anyone who likes top-down racers I strongly suggest you try out generally;

http://gene-rally.com/

It's a completely free and fully customisable top-down racer. With a bit of time you can find and download loads of fantastic home-made tracks including F1 tracks.

Yes, whilst researching Mantis I saw this...was really interested until I saw the score and then watched some reviews! If Mantis was out next year I might have got it though.

Anyone who likes top-down racers I strongly suggest you try out generally;

http://gene-rally.com/

It's a completely free and fully customisable top-down racer. With a bit of time you can find and download loads of fantastic home-made tracks including F1 tracks.

I downloaded the GeneRally file but Smartglass gave me a warning that the file could be harmful, so I couldn't try it out yet.

On a different note, Mantis Burn Racing is the first native 4k 60 fps game on the PS4 Pro

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-mantis-burn-racing-on-ps4-pro

Nice, native 4k:

We emerged from our meeting with VooFoo with 209GB of 60fps ultra HD captures swiped directly from the HDMI 2.0 port of a PS4 Pro test station (an anonymous-looking piece of kit, rather like a first-gen cable/satellite set-top box), and can confirm that it is indeed running at native resolution with no checkerboarding or other upscaling techniques. By and large, standard single-player gameplay does indeed stick to the 60fps target, but there are occasional drops down to the mid-50s.

Release date is 12th October :)

Gives me something to play while I wait for midnight to come round so I can go get my PSVR :LOL:

Looks cool. I really dug Motorsport RC on my Vita.
Still, it's kinda funny how Digital Foundry is positively tripping with glee because bloody micro machines is hitting native 4K. Sorry, but a Wipeout HD "miracle" this is not.

Yeah, I never quite figured why this running at 4k was special, sure it looks nice and that - but it's not exactly pushing the graphical boundaries!

Looks cool. I really dug Motorsport RC on my Vita.
Still, it's kinda funny how Digital Foundry is positively tripping with glee because bloody micro machines is hitting native 4K. Sorry, but a Wipeout HD "miracle" this is not.

You are exaggerating DFs response. They are just interested that it is the first game that actually hits 4K 60fps.

So I picked this up, only managed a couple races (played via the VR headset :p) - it seems to hit the spot for me...really nice :)

You are exaggerating DFs response. They are just interested that it is the first game that actually hits 4K 60fps.

I read the article the same was Sigfried1977 did. DF seemed overly blown away by this game being 4K/60.

Back