Clukos

Bloodborne 2 when?
Veteran
Supporter
EU: November 29 release date
UK/NA: December 2

Some new gameplay

Looks good, can't wait :)

Looks good but it does not seem they improved gameplay.
First one was pretty boring. Only last puzzle section was entertaining.

More than 1 hour of gameplay from PS Japan

Big fan of the moblur used in GR2
Looks good but it does not seem they improved gameplay.
First one was pretty boring. Only last puzzle section was entertaining.

It's fair to say that if you didn't like the first one this won't be that much different. Although, i can say having played both the Vita version and the Ps4 remaster, controls are much more enjoyable on the Ps4, and i can use all the different mechanics more easily (gravity slide for example), making the gameplay better imo. This time they seem to have added different gravity styles to increase variety.

Direct feed gameplay

Super clean IQ :yep2:

Another 15 minutes of gameplay in the same area (this one has the new gravity styles too)

Last edited:
Love the art.

Yep, the game oozes character, it's a lovely looking game and i like the twist with Jupiter/Lunar/Normal modes in the gravity powers, it seems like a refined Gravity Rush which is pretty much all i wanted from this sequel. Apparently the world is also huge in comparison to the first game. It's definitely one of my most anticipated games this fall, i just hope they don't end up delaying it because of TLG/FFXV :neutral:

There's a limited time GR2 demo in the Japanese store, currently downloading

201609210757148bq82.jpg

If you don't have a Japanese account you can follow this video

And then to get free 24 hours of PS+ (you need it for the demo) try to upload one save in the cloud (even if you have no save in that account). Will post some impressions/screenshots here once it's finished downloading

This game uses pom in a lot of surfaces, good moblur and i also think it's using tssaa. But because they don't do sharpening on top it looks a bit soft overall (even though IQ is temporally stable, no shimmer or pixel crawl). Very clean presentation :yep2:

It also plays nicely once you turn off sixaxis camera movement (kinda hard to do it with Japanese though :)).

This game uses pom in a lot of surfaces, good moblur and i also think it's using tssaa. But because they don't do sharpening on top it looks a bit soft overall (even though IQ is temporally stable, no shimmer or pixel crawl). Very clean presentation :yep2:

It also plays nicely once you turn off sixaxis camera movement (kinda hard to do it with Japanese though :)).
How the character handles compared to the remaster? How is the camera?

How the character handles compared to the remaster? How is the camera?

Animation and movement is smooth in GR2 in comparison to the first, camera is similar but it doesn't use the aggressive acceleration from the remaster so i'd say it's better. Overall it feels similar to the first gravity rush but it is more refined. I'd recommend trying the game without the sixaxis movement because it is much better that way. Anyway, some screenshots!

gravitydaze2_5_201609s6o0y.jpg

gravitydaze2_5_201609ugql7.jpg

gravitydaze2_5_201609bjp2g.jpg

Nice to see Japanese games embracing temporal aa :)

Edit: The lunar and jupiter styles are really good additions to the gameplay loop, really fun to use in combination with the "normal" mode, the game is also pushing a lot of physics and destruction, sometimes at the expense of framerate

Last edited:
Regarding any framedrops or bugs in the demo, this is the same build as E3 and TGS (the same demo basically)

4UxQUml.png

The user interface presentation is really quite special.

29873800015_71e8e5957b_o.jpg

This is the map screen before you arrive in town, so the full background's visible.

29873797005_a3006fd4d9_o.jpg

29760111032_0b66660007_o.jpg

29760110922_a2bd0fc5c9_o.jpg

Yep art direction is on point. Also, the move to physically based materials is really nice here even with the somewhat cartoony look, all around it is a stunning looking game :)

gravitydaze2_5_2016099esgz.jpg

gravitydaze2_5_201609ezsqz.jpg

gravitydaze2_5_2016092ss80.jpg

https://abload.de/img/gravitydaze2_5_201609yksnx.jpg
https://abload.de/img/gravitydaze2_5_201609mes91.jpg

In regards to how it plays i just played back to back the remaster on ps4 and GR2 and i'd say both the control of the character as well as the aiming and responsiveness have been improved significantly over the original (remaster or not). It's night and day difference in comparison to the vita version and it is significantly better than the remaster imo.

Last edited:
Aaaaaand it's been delayed. Quelle surprise. January 18th it is now. Not being sandwitched in between all those behemoths is probably a good thing, though.

Sad about the delay but it's probably better for the game :(

It was the one game i was looking most forward to these holidays, especially after playing the demo.

Back