Xbox One Insider Dashboard OS Previews [2016]

Come on folks, settle this in various game battle arenas on xbox live.

Okay, I'm done.

I'd love to settle it Man to Man with Scott except when I say "Xbox Halo 5" it doesn't friggin work, then I have to say "Hey Cortana, play Halo 5" and by the time I've done all of that, Scott is already in a full group and I can't join his game!

:) (Just joking, that has never happened.)

Its much more fun to read this discussion imagining cortana is a real woman Scott actually is in love with and does jerk his _Arm to while doing bing searches with her, and this Rancid asshole is shattering his heart publicly. Also, scott is played by Joaquin Phoenix in a mustashe is this dream of mine.

Got the latest update. I'm seeing the "warming up" message with Cortana a lot more frequently, but it still responds pretty fast. The detection rate for the commands I was issuing was very very good. For me, commands are responding essentially as fast as the original commands. If they're slower, it's not by much. The one exception is the screenshot command. It seems to take a while to process. Oddly enough, the command to record video is much quicker. Things seem to be progressing well, but there are people that are still having major problems. I'm wondering if it's something more to do with capturing audio locally with Kinect more than it is Cortana processing the audio locally or via cloud processing. This update did force me to calibrate my kinect again the first time I tried to issue a command to Cortana. They must be trying to rule out calibration problems. Maybe one of the updates trashes people's calibration settings. I know I didn't re-calibrate after installing the first update for the new os. I'm guessing Cortana doesn't roll out until after the Anniversary update for Windows 10, so there's another month to go, at least. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Kind of OT, but why does Kinect no longer recognize the word "Yes" after the statement "Xbox Turn Off"?

This used to work 100% of the time for me. I leave for a few months and now it never works? Did something change?

Kind of OT, but why does Kinect no longer recognize the word "Yes" after the statement "Xbox Turn Off"?

This used to work 100% of the time for me. I leave for a few months and now it never works? Did something change?
Its working fine for me even with Cortana (as of July 4th morning), but in the preview forums plenty have issues with this.

Are you not on the preview dashboard?

Reactions: NRP

I had exactly the same problem. At some point "yes" became a 0% success. Seems to work with Cortana now. No idea how to explain it.

Reactions: NRP
I'm not in the preview. Anyway, thanks guys. I won't bother recalibrating until the update rolls out.

Looking for groups could be a game changer for Destiny....

Most of my 150 or whatever "friends" on XBO are just randoms from Destiny (In the beginning, if a raid went well, I'd add everybody). Most of them I've never played with again. I've culled the list a bit but it's slow removing them.

The point is I've got a friends list of mostly 150 Destiny randoms I rarely or never play with. Now, at least those that still play Destiny, we can use this LFG thing. It seems to have some advantages over LFG websites (the idea of putting out a call to raid at a certain time, or waiting until it "fills up"), besides being in the OS. Downside is it wont be easy to type things.

We will see how it goes and if it actually is better than LFG websites.

Try looking for Beyond3D.

Just created, playing around with interface on how to expand options etc.
how do I look for it? Lately with stuff in my rl and the fact that I am playing the PC a bit more I lost my preview member status when I reset the console time ago.

I'm not in the preview. Anyway, thanks guys. I won't bother recalibrating until the update rolls out.
I am waiting for the Wireless App to be available. It seems like they removed it, and now that I have a Miracast capable PC I can't play on the TV using the Xbox One as a miracast device too. :mad:

how do I look for it? Lately with stuff in my rl and the fact that I am playing the PC a bit more I lost my preview member status when I reset the console time ago.

Without Preview you can't. But if you did it would be in the Friends section of the Quick Guide or the Community tab on the upper right.

Tommy McClain

One of the new features being released to the preview dashboard is support for Arenas/Tournaments. The first Arena is being used by Killer Instinct.

Here's the full announcement details from MajorNelson's site: https://majornelson.com/2016/10/03/arena-on-xbox-live-and-more-start-rolling-out-to-preview-today/

Last month, we released Clubs and Looking for Group on Xbox Live to Preview members on Xbox One and the Xbox app (beta) to give you more choice in how you play and who you play with. Today, we’re starting to roll out even more features to Preview, including Arena on Xbox Live, special updates to Achievement Rarity and Looking for Group!
Big thanks to Xbox fans for sharing your thoughts – your feedback continually inspires us to make Xbox the best place for gamers.

Now, here’s a bit more on the new features rolling out to Preview members on Xbox One and the Xbox app (beta):

* Arena on Xbox Live: Beginning today, Arena launches to Preview on Xbox One with the pilot title and legendary fighting game, Killer Instinct. During Preview, you can look forward to competing in daily Killer Instinct tournaments across Xbox One and the Xbox app (beta) on Windows 10 PC. For the initial roll out, Arena will only be accessible to Preview members through practice tournaments on Xbox One in the U.S., with plans to add additional features and expand to the broader Preview audience later in October. To start competing, all you have to do is register on the Tournament tab in the Killer Instinct Game Hub. We’re really excited about the potential of Arena and eager to hear your thoughts as we evolve it and make eSports more accessible for gamers everywhere, regardless of skill-level.

* Achievement Rarity: You might have already seen some buzz about Achievement Rarity from @XboxQwik and me. If you missed it, Achievement Rarity, a top fan request on Xbox Feedback, launched to Preview a few weeks ago. Now, you’ll be able to discover just how unique an Achievement is among players of a given game and celebrate the Achievement itself with a special notification and diamond icon highlighting it. Unlock one today and let us know how you like the new animation!

* New Looking for Group (LFG) Features: Starting today, you will be able to create LFG posts for future gaming sessions – up to seven days in advance! Additionally, based on your feedback, you can now create LFG posts directly in a Club and control who sees them: just members of the Club or everyone on Xbox Live. When creating LFG posts, you can also note what language the party will be speaking and filter your LFG searches based on the language.

* Group Messaging on Xbox Live: Last week, we launched Group Messaging on Xbox One and the Xbox app (beta) on Windows 10 PC. Group Messaging helps you coordinate and keep in touch with your friends and fellow gamers by sending a single group message to everyone in the group. You can also add people to the group and dynamically change the conversation topic. Group Messaging will soon work across the Xbox app (beta) on iOS and Android devices.

group-messaging_console.png

I've still yet to get this preview. It's like it won't update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've still yet to get this preview. It's like it won't update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're in the preview program but don't have the build with the goodies then you might be in the "control" group. Each dashboard cycle they select a certain number of users to suffer, which means they're not updated at all until about a week or two before they're set to release to the public. Then they will update you and you can file any bugs about the mass update. This is to attempt to catch any gotchas on updating normal users.

One of the new features being released to the preview dashboard is support for Arenas/Tournaments. The first Arena is being used by Killer Instinct.

Here's the full announcement details from MajorNelson's site: https://majornelson.com/2016/10/03/arena-on-xbox-live-and-more-start-rolling-out-to-preview-today/

Last month, we released Clubs and Looking for Group on Xbox Live to Preview members on Xbox One and the Xbox app (beta) to give you more choice in how you play and who you play with. Today, we’re starting to roll out even more features to Preview, including Arena on Xbox Live, special updates to Achievement Rarity and Looking for Group!
Big thanks to Xbox fans for sharing your thoughts – your feedback continually inspires us to make Xbox the best place for gamers.

Now, here’s a bit more on the new features rolling out to Preview members on Xbox One and the Xbox app (beta):

* Arena on Xbox Live: Beginning today, Arena launches to Preview on Xbox One with the pilot title and legendary fighting game, Killer Instinct. During Preview, you can look forward to competing in daily Killer Instinct tournaments across Xbox One and the Xbox app (beta) on Windows 10 PC. For the initial roll out, Arena will only be accessible to Preview members through practice tournaments on Xbox One in the U.S., with plans to add additional features and expand to the broader Preview audience later in October. To start competing, all you have to do is register on the Tournament tab in the Killer Instinct Game Hub. We’re really excited about the potential of Arena and eager to hear your thoughts as we evolve it and make eSports more accessible for gamers everywhere, regardless of skill-level.

* Achievement Rarity: You might have already seen some buzz about Achievement Rarity from @XboxQwik and me. If you missed it, Achievement Rarity, a top fan request on Xbox Feedback, launched to Preview a few weeks ago. Now, you’ll be able to discover just how unique an Achievement is among players of a given game and celebrate the Achievement itself with a special notification and diamond icon highlighting it. Unlock one today and let us know how you like the new animation!

* New Looking for Group (LFG) Features: Starting today, you will be able to create LFG posts for future gaming sessions – up to seven days in advance! Additionally, based on your feedback, you can now create LFG posts directly in a Club and control who sees them: just members of the Club or everyone on Xbox Live. When creating LFG posts, you can also note what language the party will be speaking and filter your LFG searches based on the language.

* Group Messaging on Xbox Live: Last week, we launched Group Messaging on Xbox One and the Xbox app (beta) on Windows 10 PC. Group Messaging helps you coordinate and keep in touch with your friends and fellow gamers by sending a single group message to everyone in the group. You can also add people to the group and dynamically change the conversation topic. Group Messaging will soon work across the Xbox app (beta) on iOS and Android devices.

group-messaging_console.png
The new sound of rare achievements is so chill-out like. Kinda nice, really.

Back