Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

Really damp squib. It's just PS4 in 4K, so a showreel, especially on low quality streaming, really doesn't look any better, making the console look pointless.
This is the same problem as trying to tell great TVs on TV. And VR. This is really for the audience, convince the press let the press convince consumers.

This is a fairly nice primer on open standards for the average consumer. Making it sound like a lot of standards are their own.

Not to mention this is so far a show only for 4K HDR set owners. Every one else can go home, I guess. Price of PS4 Pro ownership is really PS4 Pro + 4K HDR TV

Yep. 4.2 TF GPU and 2.1 GHz CPU. No reason to doubt the leaks - the PS4 leaks were spot on.

If they dont give an exact number during or after the conference, no exact wording will give upgrade conspiracy theorists ammo for a while though. Assuming they dont distribute a spec sheet after.

Upclocks would certainly theoretically be possible (not that I predict this). More CU's, not really (well I guess they could enable a redundant CU or two).

Depends on how fast it's on store shelves though.

That's all just talk, if I had to bet, yes I'd bet on the leaked specs.

Seriously, we're watching 'HDR footage' on a Twitch stream on our standard monitors. Utterly pointless. Unless you're there, you're getting absolutely nothing. It's like Sony haven't considered this, or couldn't think of any way to address that.

Why were they so tight lipped about PS4 slim? They skimmed past it like it was nothing. Now they're going over Neo in detail, sort of. THey're talking about industry standards for the last 15 minutes. No real talk about community issues yet, or specs.

Seriously, we're watching 'HDR footage' on a Twitch stream on our standard monitors. Utterly pointless. Unless you're there, you're getting absolutely nothing. It's like Sony haven't considered this, or couldn't think of any way to address that.
I'm not sure there's much they can do other than hope that the press at the event can derive a positive impression.

UUhh.. was that the new Mass Effect ?

For me it's a no brainer upgrade. You get also more fps or better gfx on a HD screen. HDR is a gimmick for me. 4k sounds nice, but please first give native 2k rendering at 60 fps, Away with these low res 30 fps,

Here we go. Highlighting the fact that PSVR on regular PS4 will be shit.

Wow, they really decided to dodge the entire community issue of PS4 gamers being "left behind." Did not go into any detail or make any of the assurances gamers are demanding. Not that I really care, or think the paranoia is warranted, but I'd expect the people that were worried will still be worried.

I'm not sure there's much they can do other than hope that the press at the event can derive a positive impression.
Right. If they had chosen not to livestream they would have been criticised for it. This is lose-lose really, except for those in the audience.

Back