Sony Playstation Meeting September 7 2016 [PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Rumors, Speculations, and News]

I do think the 7th September event was supposed to be just the PS4 slim reveal, no Neo hardware at least in physical form. Could still be the final Neomspecs and maybe some renders of the unit that'll release spring 2017.
I'm not keeping my hopes up for a very interesting event.

On the other hand, the xbox slim wasn't leaked beforehand (or was it? I'm not sure...), so maybe these mega companies (not Apple) have got better at keeping secrets.

There is no way that Sony would have an event to just reveal the PS4 Slim. They would just release the new PS4 and say the new price and be done with. Also think there is no reason to have an event for PSVR itself either seeing as we've seen most of what it does and we know the release date and price, so nothing else big to say.

This event has to be for either the Neo and new handheld or new services. And very possibly a mixture of all of them and others.

I reckon there will be some or all of the following:
  • PS4 Slim available immediately (within a week) at $249-$299
  • PS4 Neo available in November at $399-$449
  • PS4 Neo specs to be approx 10% higher than what was stated before.
  • PS4 Slim to be called PS4 and PS4 Neo to be called PS4 Ultra
  • PS+ will now include a 2 PS Now titles each month in the subscription (hence the increase in price)

And also they know they are doing the show the same day Apple announces their new phone, which will hog the headlines for a little while. They're going big. And if they're not, they're complete fools.

The date being the same as Apples is merely an unfortunate coincidence. Apples date was revealed only a week ago (though rumoured much earlier), Sony set the date already a month ago.

They were waiting for the software to be ready to showcase. I'm guessing they have at least a few existing titles to show off Neo mode and possibly some unreleased ones with Neo mode. (Which at E3 these titles were not ready)

This is something I wish MS showcased with HDR, except few people have an HDR screen so it's hard to showcase a difference when people won't see one. But if HDR is not hard to implement, it would be nice to see if developers can just go back and add it in with their next patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats our thoughts on Sony showcasing a multiplayer session.....with one player on PS4 and the other on Neo. They could show how the visuals are different and that players on different systems can play multiplayer no problem.

Everything ends tomorrow night, the end has come.
Neo-in-The-Matrix-Revolutions-the-matrix-22575608-570-300.gif

To pin my colours to the mast, I will expand my predictions to the following:
  • PS4 Slim 500GB @ $299, releasing Sept 9th
  • PS4 Neo 1TB @ $449, releasing Nov 11th
  • PS4 Neo specs are: Jaguar 2.4Ghz & 5TF (approx)
  • PS4 Slim to be called PS4 and PS4 Neo to be called PS4 Ultra
  • PS+ will now include a 2 PS Now titles each month in the subscription (hence the increase in price)
  • A multiplayer/multiplatform demo including PS4 & Neo to show compatibility and difference in graphics (Battlefield 1)
I hope I'm not ridiculously off course, but all things considering, think this is the what's gonna happen.

One indie and one big game would be a decent split to keep things cheaper for Sony, and would still get indies some attention. But the PS+ situation at the moment's pretty shit.

I am predicting a lot people will be very disappointed because reality couldn't live up to their imagination. :p I think the main focus will be PlayStation VR. It's release is very, very near! They will have to be careful not to put out a message that you really need Neo to be able to enjoy VR. If they do come with Neo, it will be interesting if it contains the additional connections and HDMI through stuff. If Neo does show, Sony may focus on 4K stuff and downplay differences for VR initially, but we'll see. Personally, I would also like to see what they do to justify the large OS memory reservation the PS4 still seems to have. And finally, I definitely expect more VR software reveals and a show off of VR playback capabilities and such.

I'm genuinely curious about Neo. Mostly I'm interested in the reaction it gets. Kind of strange how they made it official during an interview, but have stayed quiet on it like it's not a big deal. Release date will be the most interesting part, with the relationship to Playstation VR being second.

Concerning the Name, I think "PS4 PRO" is more likely than "PS4 ULTRA".
The mainstream is used to premium products within the same family tree being called "PRO", compare that to "ULTRA" and basically everything called "ULTRA" has been a forgettable product.
It would also be more appealing to PRO gamers in name alone.

Back