No Man's Sky [PC]

Also on Nvidia here, solid performance.
That explains why the game was released, because clearly it worked on the dev's PCs. Must be utterly gutting to have that work come crashing down to unreproduceable bugs en masse, and see your reputation sullied and your game (and finances) given a hammering.

I got a 970 and no problems here.

Edit: Some screens from the second planet i explored, it seems like it is devoid of life as well
275850_20160812235253sxkrc.jpg
Are those red things Plutonium? Are the resources not even randomised per planet?

That explains why the game was released, because clearly it worked on the dev's PCs.
Some reviewers running on Nvidia rigs were reporting problems, so the pattern doesn't seem to be entirely vendor-based.

Are those red things Plutonium? Are the resources not even randomised per planet?
I think Plutonium's too important for gameplay to make it that rare.

A bold prediction (well not actually)
A lot of these negative steam reviews will actually spend more hours playing the game than their positive reviewed games.
Like the recent ghostbusters film, looks like a lot of ppl have made up their minds to be butthurt over this game before they even see/play it :D

They brought on a PC QA team after it was released?

It seems to be. Maybe they wanted to spent the smallest amount of money. Maybe they had very limited resources. Now, after its a giant commercial success, they can hire them easily.

Well they definitely had limited resources, being just a 10 person team. And likely the main graphics developers had extensive experience in OpenGL and not DirectX.

Playing at 4K, getting frame rates in the mid 40's. Runs pretty smooth, except ever now and again when you turn it stutters.
Been running around the home planet for three hours now.

Edit: New AMD driver out for this game, downloading now.

Last edited:
Some funny/ugly aliens.

188990cf80c24c6b800019d9753b353f

1a08b6ef26624bb9817cf06fed3ecee6

tF0wci7.jpg

jZ1QJSD.jpg

xWz0eHo.jpg

10f93b88217141b2ad97a0d39cf22a0a

tDWlkXm.jpg

vl7fnftt5fex.jpg

sfw97v7ysrex.jpg

hDRncLR.jpg

The most of them do not look viable. Especially the first candidate.

Found them in the www. Different sources.

Last edited:
The FOV feels way too low. Makes me think that they're calculating FOV purely by horizontal because even at "100" it feels uncomfortably restrictive.

Hitching is what I noticed most. It's not god-awful broken, but it definitely feels like a port of a console game done by a smallish team which had a limited amount of time spent on polishing it.

Also the game spits you into a game instance on first launch, and changing graphics settings requires a full relaunch of the game, and the game doesn't immediately save that first launch when it's generated, so you end up shuffling through 3-4 cycles of generating new starting worlds before settling on graphical settings you like. Plus the fact that your world is very different each time makes it a bit ambiguous as to just how much difference the graphic setting changes are each time.

IMO as a PC game this needs to sit in the oven for another couple months.

The equipment/inventory system is really getting on my nerves only just after a few hours of play. They really need to change it so that you can carry more stuff, this is a game about exploration, why hamper the exploration with "Inventory full" messages every 2-3 minutes?

Because upgrading your inventory is part of progress. It's a limitation that you eventually overcome, giving you a sense of superiority/attainment.

Decided to use this opportunity to try out Steam's refund policy. Given the price of the game and the limited window to get your money back, it doesn't really leave you with the room to poke around with tweaks and fixes that may or may not trickle out (never mind actually test the game mechanics.) Probably better off going back to piracy to keep a finger on the pulse of how this game progresses over the coming month or two.

Decided to use this opportunity to try out Steam's refund policy. Given the price of the game and the limited window to get your money back, it doesn't really leave you with the room to poke around with tweaks and fixes that may or may not trickle out (never mind actually test the game mechanics.) Probably better off going back to piracy to keep a finger on the pulse of how this game progresses over the coming month or two.

you can use GoG. They have 30 days return policy.

or use the pirated GoG version to try the game works on your computer or not. If everything's OK, if you buy from GoG, you can play online without redownload. But if you buy steam you will need to redownload.

Back