What is your yearly gaming budget?

• Total voters

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
What is your yearly gaming budget? This would include gaming consoles, gaming PCs, games, accessories, network subscriptions, etc...

Are you a sales bin diver or skies the limit gamer!?

No limit or budget is set. It would be too troublesome to go back and figure out what I actually spent. I buy what games I like when they're on sale or if they're a must-have on Day 0.

I know it's at least $36 a year as that's what I paid for each of the past 2 years and next 2 years of XBLive. Previous to this my cost was $30 a year for the previous 8 years.

I also rack up quite a bit of Bing Rewards points that I turn into Live Credits so that defrays the costs of software purchases too.

I don't really have a budget. This year will probably break £4,000 though but this definitely isn't the norm. An average year where I'm buying only games I will be buying 8-12 full priced games on day 1. Plus PSN subs. Plus those games I can't resist in Steam sales :runaway:

What is your yearly gaming budget? This would include gaming consoles, gaming PCs, games, accessories, network subscriptions, etc...

I find I'm buying more games each generation. The original PlayStation (lured to it by Tomb Raider) I bought maybe a dozen games for it, the PS2 doubled-to-tripled that, I had more than 100 games on PS3 over seven years and I've about 40-50 on PS4 this far and we're not even three years in.

When I see the attach rates form consoles, my mind boggles at how few games the average person buys.

I find I'm buying more games each generation. The original PlayStation (lured to it by Tomb Raider) I bought maybe a dozen games for it, the PS2 doubled-to-tripled that, I had more than 100 games on PS3 over seven years and I've about 40-50 on PS4 this far and we're not even three years in.

When I see the attach rates form consoles, my mind boggles at how few games the average person buys.

Seeing software attach rates of 5.3-5.6 is a bit puzzling at times... especially knowing those attach rates are more likely reflective towards EA/UBI/Activision triple-A titles (gamers wanting those Dev/Pub titles), and not so much anything else.

Back