The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2016 edition

Reading through GAF, seems like a lot of people don't get why Scorpio was announced. "Now won't buy a slim just waiting for Scorpio. "

When in reality MS wants you to buy into the ecosystem. Eventually there is going to be a Scorpio slim. Don't fool yourself. If you get XBO now you choose when to upgrade to Scorpio and it can be on your terms. If you decide to swap to PC then you don't get penalized.

There's no reason for me to sell XBO it won't compete with my PC (when I make that GPU purchase) but it will enable me to play my games anywhere still. Still has media capabilities the Scorpio and slim don't have natively.

I don't see XBO holding anything back. And I will certainly enjoy gaming XBO games on my 1080.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and something that nobody is mentioning, the cooler changed significantly from the X1:

529ead84a74d913861308mmu06.jpg

Scorpio looks like your typical GPU reference blower design:

16euhf.png

Oh and something that nobody is mentioning, the cooler changed significantly from the X1:

529ead84a74d913861308mmu06.jpg

Scorpio looks like your typical GPU reference blower design:

16euhf.png

I have a feeling that Microsoft might be under the mistaken impression that people prefer smaller rather than quieter due to how the XBO performed relative to the PS4 in the marketplace. I hope that isn't the case because I REALLY like how quiet the XBO is. Maybe that's a really big and really slow turning blower fan. :)

Regards,
SB

One more thing I don't get is 4K @ 60 (Spencer specifically said this with "no compromise in IQ") when you have something like a 1070 (6.5TF) struggling at north of 30fps on the latest titles.

MS was smart not to announce the price for Scorpio in case Sony tries to undercut them with the NEO. Also, they are finally leveraging their advantage with PC crossbuy/crossplay. If Sony also responds with crossbuy/crossplay to PC, MS still gets a cut via the Windows 10 store.

One more thing I don't get is 4K @ 60 (Spencer specifically said this with "no compromise in IQ") when you have something like a 1070 (6.5TF) struggling at north of 30fps on the latest titles.

Remember, the Flops are not directly comparable between AMD and Nvidia GPUs.

Also, there is substantial difference in the overhead of the various APIs and Drivers on the PC that don't exist on the Consoles.

Nonsense, a 1070 can easily do 60 FPS at 4k. So can a 290X, Fury or a 980ti.

You just have to play around with the settings. More often than not you'll get it to a place that is almost indistinguishable from the same game at max graphical options.

Regards,
SB

Reading through GAF, seems like a lot of people don't get why Scorpio was announced. "Now won't buy a slim just waiting for Scorpio. "
console gamers are going to have to get used to what others had to a looooong time ago, something new is always just around the corner. If you subscribe to my view that the standard generation is over anyway

Keep in mind that being a console, it'll have locked in spec for developers to target vs a PC of equivalent power figures. We should probably relax on the how will they, lies, truth, etc until we learn more. Long time to go.....

It won't hit 4k60 in demanding titles. The 1080 is struggling to do that even when overclocked and it is a 8.2+ tflop GPU. Probably 4k30 is the current aim although i think we might see upscaled games anywhere from 1440p-2160p to hit consistent perf.

I full expect more clever rendering techniques to get to 4k instead of brute-forcing it. We'll see all kinds of upscale techniques.

Back