The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2016 edition

And this is one of those $64 million issues. Once you dispense with the concept of abandoning your game library when buying a new console, jumping back and forth between Xbox and PlayStation will become a more complicated decision for a lot of people. Ecosystem lock-in will gradually take effect for many.

I have both of them anyway. And I especially do not care for backwards compatibility. Jumping back and forth is perfect for me. Playing old games is for noobs.

Yeah, I think its $299 Starting Price for Xbox One S. This likely includes smaller drive than the 2TB.

Still no official hardware pages live at Xbox or Microsoft to get the details. :9

This guy... lol

CdNufeJ.png
Lol is that a real tweet?

Scale bound looked meh to me. It looked like a last gen game. Not wrt graphics, but gameplay. It looked very uninspiring.

However Recore was fine looking. Although I didn't really get it. And the environment looked a bit sparse and lifeless.

So a high bin part in a mass produced console? No way. Its got to be something else or this thing is going to cost too much.

Remember, this is releasing over a year and a half after the official release of the 480x (36CU polaris).

So a high bin part in a mass produced console? No way. Its got to be something else or this thing is going to cost too much.

It's likely to be based on Vega. A 6 TF Vega configuration will be far more likely to fit into a console power envelope than a 6 TF Polaris configuration. And considering the only rumor for Vega right now has one of its configurations at 9+ TFLOPs, it isn't going to require exotic binning.

Regards,
SB

Damn, between the 2TB Slim going for just 299 and the Scorpio tease, MS aint playing around.
Probably just the 1TB model at 299$ but yep, they really seem serious this time about gaming! Not this TV nonsense this time! All about gaming convergence, great stuff. Exactly what they should have done 3 years ago!

And at the same time, get people to not even bother with XBONE for over a year and a half since its going to be leaps and bounds better on hardware. I fail to see the point other than they can't move X1s at a decent rate and they dont give a shit anymore.
I'll surprised they mentioned the scorpio, thought they may have teased, maybe a phill tshirt with Scorpio on or something.

but in saying that, there will always be something newer and better around the corner, and this is something I feel console gamers are going to have to get used to from now on.

Adding a few CU's to any part is going to be fairly modular. That's why AMD always calls these "semi-custom".

Or even more likely it's just some unannounced yet PC part with CU's deactivated for yield.

This thing IS going to cost too much.
$500 I assume (if not more).

I pretty sure the NEO/Scorpio aren't meant for the typical / casual gamer... that's what PS4/XB1/XB1s are for. Neo/Scorpio are for those hardcore console gamers willing to pay more for beefier hardware.

The 2TB model is going for $299?

Umm, unless I missed something, I think the 2TB model is closer to $400 something...

A special, limited edition launch edition of the Xbox One S will be available in early August with a 2TB hard drive for $399. Two standard versions will be available soon after: a 500GB edition for $299, and 1TB for $349.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/13/11911184/microsoft-xbox-one-s-announced-price-specs-e3-2016

Tommy McClain

Neo shouldn't cost more than $399. Same thing for Scorpio @Holiday 2017. Maybe $499 tops, anything more and it creeps into PC territory.

Back