The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2016 edition

And official endorsement for future and backwards compatibility for Xbox. For not just programs but accessories as well. So basically similar to PC.

Regards,
SB

So, will Sony attempt to one-up Project Scorpio for next year
I reckon all Sony could do is draw even. 6Tf is impressive for a console launching even at the end of next year. How likely is it AMD have suitable parts more powerful?

So, will Sony attempt to one-up Project Scorpio for next year?

Regards,
SB

Probably not. Best they can do is improve cooling in the Neo and run the Polaris chip at the full 5.5 tflops. So that means the neo will still be slightly behind spec wise. 6tflops are not good enough for 4k still though. I'd prefer if they went 1080p60 on every title with improved visuals instead of chasing after 4k30.

I reckon the Sony could do is draw even. 6Tf is impressive for a console launching even at the end of next year. How likely is it AMD have suitable parts more powerful?

Do they normally discuss console Tf specifically for just the GPU these days? Because he said a 6Tf gpu, so total system power would be greater, no?

Right.. Game of Thrones calls!

Nice conference, Microsoft.

Do they normally discuss console Tf specifically for just the GPU these days? Because he said a 6Tf gpu, so total system power would be greater, no?
Pretty sure he said the SoC had 6Tf but the CPU isn't going to offering much. What's a Skylake i7 @4Ghz, about 270Gf?

I dont know why they announced it so soon. Its going to be late 2017 (nov/dec). The question is, what is the ecosystem going to be, when this is launched will there be scorpio only games that wont work on Xbox one?

Back