Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Gone apparently. But GT Sport is all about nostalgia. Look, cardboard trees like in the good old days!

79PyWZd.png

The livestream had a new build and it was not very good but better. I think it will finish as a 2017 game maybe like Drive Club one year of delay...

5p4o1j5f2hw3pgy827kft6ask.jpg

The King has been dethroned from the sounds of it. Because of the sound of it, as much as anything.

With so little room left to innovate in the racing space, you have to compete, and the competition is far, far better than PD has ever faced before. Also makes me question the Codemasters plan of becoming the number one racing publisher, where every racer and his dog can do photorealistic accurate yada yada.

If you guys are wondering... Humble shifty is actually saying "I told you so"

Maybe they have to lower their ambitions because the game is VR compatible ?

As much as I support VR (which is a whole lot), ruining another platform userbase that may-not want PSVR to begin with, with lackluster products based around VR needs, is terrible. Since VR is another platform, then it games should be treated as such. This culling back of graphics for an non-established platform and base is somewhat bullshit...

The question is why are they showing it off if it is only 50% done ? heard that somewhere on youtube.
Yet to watch anything, but can see the mood here and guess whats up.

I'd trade these visuals for a constant smooth 60 fps racing and impressive physics. GT6 was pretty much ruined for me because there was some framerate stuttering especially while cornering.
Also the menu system was pretty terrible.
MIght need to fire up my PS3 and wheel at weekend and do some racing with GT6, it's been ages since I last did that.

Super disappointing.

Thank you Sony for letting Motorstorm guys go, while keeping racing game devs that stem from the last century it seems.

So much hate !

Whatever it may be, GT is not bad. GT6 is still the only Car game where I can race on and on without any need for any motivation from the game or gameplay mechanics.

Watched some footage af yesterday's event. Cars look good, envirnments bland. Lets see where it goes. I still like the GT clinical approach to sims, no fluff or shenanigans.

I am also sceptic about what they showed. But I' m pretty sure they have a more advanced build for E3 next month. Otherwise all these years for this result of a GT6 HD from what some people who were at the event said it looked and played like.
I do think they shouldn't have had that kind of event and should have waited for E3...But yup let's see how it goes.

Or Sony decided o show it in advance of E3, knowing it'd get some negative reaction, so it wouldn't be the talk of the E3 show and gaming media's no.1 E3 headline.

Or Sony decided o show it in advance of E3, knowing it'd get some negative reaction, so it wouldn't be the talk of the E3 show and gaming media's no.1 E3 headline.

Or wait with players slightly sour and show what seems a bull reel and then say upgrade to PS4 NEO (or whatever its branded at)

Nothing like GT to shift units I suspect, throw in VR and job done.

I have only watched some of the Nurburgring footage, but that looks really good already, with much better trees, solid improvements in shaders, better dynamic range, etc. There was no weather effects or wind etc in the video yet, so if they can add that it should look really great (the dynamic weather and lighting really made GT5's graphics stand out for me).

Much more important I think is the FIA cooperation. If that works out (and with the success of GT Academy it has good potential) then it could become a very big deal.

It is also not really true. It's still 30fps for instance and their city track didn't look great imho. But given the much shorter dev time, they did very well - I really loved that game.

And yeah, sound is very good in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The question is why are they showing it off if it is only 50% done ? heard that somewhere on youtube.
Yet to watch anything, but can see the mood here and guess whats up.
They used GT Sport in yesterdays GT Academy event [fastest players from all around the world]. When he presented the game, Kaz mentioned visuals that were at the event are 50% finished.

I was talking only about sound, maybe I should have clarified. In terms of sound nothing is as detailed as Driveclub.

Back