When will GP106 be out? *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if they don't launch in June, lets say July- August they launch, GP106 will be out around end of august and beginning of sept (nV has a typical launch of mid range products about 1 Q away from their high end launch)

That doesn't give AMD much time at all.

What's with the "GP106 will be out around end of august and beginning of sept" time frame?

This shows July 2016 for the GP106:

NVIDIA-2014-2017-GPU-Roadmap.png

That also shows a Pascal Titan in April, NVLink in GP104 and GDDR5X in the GTX 1070, so...

I see you purposely missed the question marks "?".

What can't be missed is the GP100 in April and the GP104 (GTX 1080/1070) in June all of which is true.

Thus expect the GP106 in July.

Last edited:
We have zero indications that AMD is late with Polaris. They always stated second half of 2016/back to school.

That is quite a range. "second half of 2016" can be all the way up to December 31. As for "back to school" I thought that was for Polaris 11 mobile version not the Polaris 10 that everyone seems to expect any day now.

I do think they didn't expect Nvidia to get to market with consumer Pascal as quickly as they did with prices as low as the 1070, otherwise Raja and Roy wouldn't have been spouting some of the (in hindsight) nonsense that they have about being months ahead and no $300 competition and their fabulous perf/W

Maybe AMD was caught up in Charlie's idiotic logic that Nvidia was behind because they didn't show working silicon early.

http://semiaccurate.com/2016/02/01/news-of-nvidias-pascal-tapeout-and-silicon-is-important

It would be incredibly entertaining to see a GP106 based GPU being released around the same time as Polaris 10. Obviously a bit slower, but with the right amount of price discount, it'd undercut that dumb story about AMD winning due to forgoing higher profits per GPU by increasing market share.

Fun times indeed.

Nvidia could also release a GTX 1060ti using the third skew of the GP104 (GP104-150), The GP104-400 is for the GTX 1080 and the GP104-200 is for the GTX 1070.

Last edited:
I see you purposely missed the question marks "?".

What can't be missed is the GP100 in April and the GP104 (GTX 1080/1070) in June all of which is true.

I'm not even sure if you're joking or trolling.
The question marks are in every single line except for where it says "16FF" or "PCIe 3.0". That includes the specs it got right, the specs it missed, the "Titan" card that didn't release, everything.

That is quite a range. "second half of 2016" can be all the way up to December 31. As for "back to school" I thought that was for Polaris 11 mobile version not the Polaris 10 that everyone seems to expect any day now.
Press release from January clearly states mid 2016.

The question marks are in every single line except for where it says "16FF" or "PCIe 3.0". That includes the specs it got right, the specs it missed, the "Titan" card that didn't release, everything.

You again seem be fixated on the Titan? name and not the GP100? and the GP104? nor the release dates of those parts.

The GP100 was announced in April 2016 and in the future can be used for the Titan.

The GP104 will be available in June 2016.

Thus expect the GP106 in July 2016.

You again seem be fixated on the Titan? name and not the GP100? and the GP104? nor the release dates of those parts.

The GP100 was announced in April 2016 and in the future can be used for the Titan.

The GP104 will be available in June 2016.

Thus expect the GP106 in July 2016.
that is a hilarious moving of the goal posts, picking and choosing what dates mean what, they are either announcement dates or availability dates pick one..... Either way it significantly lowers the accuracy of the table and GP106 could be available at any time.....

that is a hilarious moving of the goal posts, picking and choosing what dates mean what, they are either announcement dates or availability dates pick one..... Either way it significantly lowers the accuracy of the table and GP106 could be available at any time.....

No goal posts were ever moved. TTT is fixated by the Titan? attached to the GP100.

The table was released in February so at that time a lot of the specs were not set hence the question marks.

What is without question is that the dates of the GP100 and the GP104 were accurate to a tee.

You can wish all you want that the road map is wrong but the GP106 will be announced in July

No goal posts were ever moved. TTT is fixated by the Titan? attached to the GP100.

The table was released in February so at that time a lot of the specs were not set hence the question marks.

What is without question is that the dates of the GP100 and the GP104 were accurate to a tee.

You can wish all you want that the road map is wrong but the GP106 will be announced in July
So you are just going to ignore the inconsistencies and only read what you want to read?

Reactions: xEx
The last 2 pages are tangible confirmation why I've moved on to greener pastures like Flyertalk.

With shillpologists at every corner, watching paint dry is probably more fruitful than this.

The last 2 pages are tangible confirmation why I've moved on to greener pastures like Flyertalk.

With shillpologists at every corner, watching paint dry is probably more fruitful than this.

I don't know dude, those Delta fanbois are the worst. And don't even get me started on those British Airways trolls.

You choose to ignore the release dates which are spot on.

And you choose to ignore the release dates that aren't.

Semi-accurate gets a lot of flak because while they get stuff right at times they also get stuff wrong at times. That chart has similar accuracy to Semi-accurate. :p

Just like fans of Semi-accurate choose to ignore when Charlie is wrong.

All of which isn't to say that GP-106 won't come out in June. But that it isn't proof that it'll come out in June. It's just proof that at the time Nvidia put out that chart (or whoever did), that was the intended/projected date of introduction of GP-106.

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back